Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Is anyone watching the NBA Finals?

I did not see a thread about the NBA Finals, but may be there is one about the NBA season? I can't find it. It's OK if the admin decides to merge the two.

Who are you rooting for? I am for the San Antonio Spurs. This is funny because not so long ago I was rooting against them because they were playing against my Phoenix Suns. How times change! I have a lot of respect for the Spurs organization and their players. I don't hate LeBron or the Heat, but they are the current champions and I am going to root for the underdogs Spurs.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I root for anyone and any team without a member on it named Lebron James. What a pig.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I did not see a thread about the NBA Finals, but may be there is one about the NBA season? I can't find it. It's OK if the admin decides to merge the two.

Who are you rooting for? I am for the San Antonio Spurs. This is funny because not so long ago I was rooting against them because they were playing against my Phoenix Suns. How times change! I have a lot of respect for the Spurs organization and their players. I don't hate LeBron or the Heat, but they are the current champions and I am going to root for the underdogs Spurs.
    I'm not really into basketball...but, nevertheless, GO SPURS! But my mom is a HUGE FAN; watches every game she can, knows all about the players, coach, etc. I always liked David Robinson (that's his name, right?) and like Manu. Tony is a good player (even though he did cheat on Eva ). And Tim Duncan is good, too.

I guess what I like about the Spurs is that they seem to be a team with few prima donnas...a team that stays pretty clean morally and ethically.

vCash
    I'm not really into Basketball this time of the season but my pick for a winner is ABMHWCBLJ&WHN (anyone but Miami Heat with Chris Bosh, LeBron James & what's his name)
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I root for anyone and any team without a member on it named Lebron James. What a pig.
    did Lebron raped your sister?

San Antonio has 4 championships and because everyone hates Miami i'm rooting for them just to annoy the rest of sporting world

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    did Lebron raped your sister?

San Antonio has 4 championships and because everyone hates Miami i'm rooting for them just to annoy the rest of sporting world
    I wasn't aware that rape was the only reason to think of someone as a pig.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I cannot stand Tim Duncan or Tony Parker. GO LEBRON (fellow born-in-Akron-Ohioian)!!

vCash
    Lebron James has made some mistakes, but there are people who have done far worse things in American pro sports. He hasn't gotten into off the field trouble like a lot of athletes. So while he might full of himself sometimes, I don't think he's a pig. Anyway, I love watching Lebron James when he's at his best-the most complete player in the NBA.

vCash
    LeBron is an amazingly talented player. I did not like the way he joined Miami, with a huge TV appearance. I also did not like the way the three players decided to create this championship team. By contrast, the Spurs have built their teams quietly, through the normal process- draft picks and free agents. They don't have prima donnas, even though they have one of the best 'Big three's in the NBA. LeBron gets way too much attention by the media, IMO. He should not have won the MVP this year because he had too much talent around him; IMO Carmelo Anthony should have (he made a much weaker team much better). On the flip side, LeBron has really developed into a great player. He does not brag about himself; the media worships him and he cannot control that.

I am rooting for the Spurs, but I still think Miami will win the series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I cannot stand Tim Duncan or Tony Parker. GO LEBRON (fellow born-in-Akron-Ohioian)!!
    Tim Duncan makes me want to hurl. GO LEBRON AND HEAT!!

vCash
    Needless to say, my family was thrilled that the Spurs won tonight!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Tim Duncan makes me want to hurl. GO LEBRON AND HEAT!!
    What has Tim done to make you hurl. I get the Tim is boring stuff but the guy has been basically a model citizen...

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Needless to say, my family was thrilled that the Spurs won tonight!
    As was I. Spurs in 6, I hope, and on the Heat's home court at that.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    As was I. Spurs in 6, I hope, and on the Heat's home court at that.
    Count me in. It won't be easy though. The Heat has always played strong after a loss. I hope Pop can find a way to get it done in game 6.

vCash

Shame the Spurs missed those free throws at the end of regulation....will be very hard to come back and win Game 7 now.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I just sprouted a ton of gray hairs watching tonight's game! I've been a fan of Pat Riley since his Lakers days (I've been a HUGE Lakers fan since the Magic/Bird days) but I also like the Spurs. Hubby's a HUGE fan of the Spurs, coaches our son's basketball team to play like the Spurs but of course our son (the one hubby coaches) absolutes loves Labron and DWade. IT'S CRAZY!!! lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post

Shame the Spurs missed those free throws at the end of regulation....will be very hard to come back and win Game 7 now.
    My thoughts exactly. This was their opportunity. It's going to be impossible to beat the Heat in Miami in game 7. They have all the momentum, the home crowd, and (I hate to say this) LeBron James. He turned the game around when all seemed hopeless for the Heat. I despise their role players for joining that team, just to get a ring.

Leonard missed 1 out of 2 FTs at the end (that would have sealed the win & the championship). I cannot forgive Ginobili for missing 1 out of 2 TWICE earlier in that quarter. What's more baffling to me is in the critical moments, the Spurs best rebounder (Duncan) was on the bench. With a 3-pt lead why did they not foul a Heat player (in a non-shooting situation)? I have never seen Popovich make such bad coaching decisions.

It's a shame that the Spurs great performances will not be remembered as Championship performances. Instead, the inconsistent Heat will be lauded as repeat champions (with a chance to three-peat next year).
    Last edited by Vash01; 06-19-2013 at 07:34 AM.

vCash
    My mom is NOT a happy camper right now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Instead, the inconsistent Heat will be lauded as repeat champions (with a chance to three-peat next year).
    Bleh.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Sadly, the Heat did win game 7. I had expected them to. Home field advantage in game 7 is too much to overcome. I missed most of the game (3 qtrs) because I was in a meeting, and when I got home, 4th qtr had just begun with the Heat leading by 4. I chose not to watch the rest of the game. Instead, I checked the outcome later on my computer.

I don't like LeBron and the whole philosophy on which this team is based. LeBron is no Michael Jordan. In my opinion the Spurs were the better team but they made uncharacteristic mistakes in game 6, and lost the chance to win it in game 6. What was truly heart breaking- with 28 seconds left, the NBA had brought out the trophy, and made preparations for the trophy presentation. Then unexpectedly they lost control of the game (I still blame their coach for the decisions he made in the 4th Q). That's got to be devastating. To their credit they fought all the way through before losing game 7. My condolences to the Spurs and their fans. This is one of the few sports organizations in the NBA that I respect. There are just a handful of them in pro sports.

On to the NHL. I don't have a strong favorite in the Stanley cup finals but I am rooting for the Bruins because one of my friends is from Boston and she is into hockey (she played some in college).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast