Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Who's this Kuparinen girl? I thought she did a 3flip, good 2axel and went for a <3lutz before she started doubling everything. Really good jump in one of her combo spins as well. Most skaters just do a quick hop for the extra feature -she flew. And then my feed froze, so I got to admire her height and position .
    She has spent the most part of the last 3 years (or so) injured, unfortunately. She was born in 1995 so she's 17 now. She's actually got the goods like you said (lutz and flip, very good basics and spins) but never ever delivers, which is just too bad.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Thanks, Hanna; that's too bad. Hopefully she has an injury-free off season this year. Completely agree she has loads of potential and would be nice to see her putting it together. She started out with a lot of speed and attack which was nice to see.

eta: aww, cheering gallery for home girl Gubjrg as she's about to take the ice. Whee, Nordics!
    Last edited by ioana; 02-03-2013 at 02:00 PM.

vCash
    Ah the feed is acting horrid again. I really hope there will eventually be YouTube vids.

Bummer, I really wanted Olsson to do well.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Isabelle Olsson 3lutz rotated, but awkward lean with a fall and stumble into the boards. single axel-2toe, stumbled on the landing of another triple that I missed. 3loop with a slight 2foot (?). 3sal-2toe-2toe that was very nice. another 3sal and 2axel for her last jump. Combo spin slowed down a little at the end, but still good. Very different dramatik look with black tights from her sexy SP. 88.03 score

Camilla Gjersem 3loop, 3toe-2toe, 3sal (maybe <). Combo spin with a death drop-style change of foot. 2flip with arm overhead. 2axel from a standstill. Her jump technique is , but she covers the ice well and now good use of music in her ftwk. 2axel 2toe 2toe before and both toes looked axelled to me. 2loop 2loop and ina bauer into her final spin. 86.66 and both her and the coach literally in the KnC. . Best reaction yet.

Joshi Helgesson. Sexy referee costume in honor of the Super Bowl tonight. 3lutz -2toe, not as heavy as I've seen in the past. 3sal with a big wipe out. 3loop, lean and then almost fall, but just ended up doing a mini-sit spin. Nice musical ftwk -and her pony tail looks works well for this program. 3lutz very nice. 3toe-2toe with a hop on the landing. Spirals and some hydroblading. 2axel. Combo spin is really slowing down into layback and Biellmann. Nice 3toe 2axel seq. She looks like Joely Richardson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000613/?ref_=sr_1) in the KnC. LP score 94.65

Anita Madsen Flamenco-ish music. 3loop 2toe huge and flying across the ice into it. 3toe also nice. 2axel 2toe. Flying camel with two different catch foot variations. Running 3's into anther 3loop. 3sal! Layback into a Biellmann also well done and ftwk moves well across the ice. 2axel and she's ecstatic. Biellmann spiral. 2lutz 2toe 2toe and a fast combo spin to end. I want a 90 and KnC madness!
    97.something. She must have the Worlds min in the long -how awesome is that.

Viktoria Helgesson. Love the short hair and she wipes out on back crossovers. 3flip and a good recovery. 3toe (I think). 3loop 2axel seq. Flying camel with some nice stretch and speed. Popped another 3flip(?) to a double and stepped out. 3sal and 3loop with a hooked landing. Lovely combo spin where the hop hits a musical accent. Her spiral edges are -worthy. 2axel 2toe 2loop. Flying sit to end. Score for the LP 103.66 Helgessons go 1-2

Anne Line Gjersem. Danse Macabre in a naked purple dress. Umm, yeah. 3sal-2toe with a hoppy landing. 3loop-2toe-2toe. 3toe fall. 3loop without much flow, but done. Combo spin ending in a Y-upright, good speed. 2axel nice. Flying camel and this ugly catchfoot where she leans far to the side. 3sal and again, out of her circle and steps out. 2axel 2toe good, but she doesn't really reach on her toeloop pick. Straightline ftwk is nicely energetic and goes with the music. Nice spin to end. She's lovely and enjoyable, except for the jumps.
    Aww, she's put her head down on the arm rest in the KnC. It wasn't *that* bad. Score 83.77. Into 6th place.

Medal for Denmark
    Last edited by ioana; 02-03-2013 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    Awwwww C. Gjersem and coach looked absolutely delighted in the K'n'C. Always good to see.

vCash
    Wheeeeeeee Anita Madsen! That's how it's done! And my feed didn't crap out once.

Her 3loop is amazing! It's huge!

Dare I hope she made the Worlds TES minimum with that? I think she may have! Total FP score was 97. She's still going to need the SP score though.

Wheeeeeeee delirious coach voids!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Dare I hope she made the Worlds TES minimum with that? I think she may have! Total FP score was 97. She's still going to need the SP score though.
    She must have. Love her, but her PCS are not 52+ just yet .

vCash
    Nice for Viktoria to start her program by wiping the ice with her butt. And of course that's the position my feed froze to. Sorry.

vCash
    Just realized Jenni Saarinen got the Worlds's LP min with 48.08. Awaiting confirmation for Anita Madsen now.

http://skautasamband.is/images/Nordi...tml/SEG014.HTM

vCash
    Awww, Jenni looks tiny on the podium between the two older Swedish girls.

Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Just realized Jenni Saarinen got the Worlds's LP min with 48.08.
    She did but it won't matter since she will only be senior eligible after Sochi, for the 2014-2015 season.

ETA: 49.66 for Madsen, wheeeeee! Now on to another competition to hopefully still get the SP score.
    Last edited by Hanna; 02-03-2013 at 03:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    She did but it won't matter since she will only be senior eligible after Sochi, for the 2014-2015 season.
    Ah, good to know she's not age eligible yet. Hopefully, it's a moot point because Kiira will manage to come back for Worlds this year.

vCash
    YouTube channel for Nordics.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345