Thanks

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    That was some level 4 gum chewing for the coach of the first Icelandic girl
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    That was some level 4 gum chewing for the coach of the first Icelandic girl
    she is from my home town and skate club (the girl not the coach)

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Final Results, Advanced Novice Girls Protocols

1. Emmi PELTONEN / FIN / 33.46 (3s-turnout-2t, 2a very good, 3t step out) the very talented daughter of a Finnish ice hockey legend, I haven't seen her skate in almost a year but holy cow has she improved , amazing basics flying across the rink , very soft and she's learnt some expression too

2. Emma NIEMI / FIN / 33.30 (huuuuge 2a FALL nooo, 3t-turnout-2t, 3s) fab step sequence at the beginning, fall on the 2a, I lurves her & her expression - hope she will be something

3. Anastasia SCHNEIDER / SWE / 31.06 (2a fall out, 2f-2lo, 2lz) wheeeee LURVED her, very musical with voidy choreography, great skating and expression and spins, LOTS of potential!

4. Sallianna ZTRK / SWE /29.18 (2a fall, 3s fall, 2lz-2t) unfortunate with the jumps but she has nice basics and is rather mature, also nice basic layback position

5. Louise JENSEN / SWE / 29.13 (2a, 3s-turnout-2t, 3t fall) Clair de Lune turned into tinkly piano PotO... but she's quite lovely, definitely! All long limbs and a smile.

6. Sine Mari LEITE / NOR / 29.09 (2lz-2t, 2a made it, 2lo) Good speed and sharp basic skating, me likes!

7. Kristinna Vagtborg JENSEN / DEN / 28.57 (3t really good, 2s<<, 2a) I remember her from last year, she was very good! And still is, a potential future name for Denmark! Secret Garden.

8. Kaisa UKKONEN / FIN / 28.38 (2a, 3lo< fall-ish, 2f) tango

9. Juni Marie BENJAMINSEN / NOR / 28.13 (1a, 2f-2t, 2lz) Russian folk music with a lovely smile and folk-ish costume

10. Victoria ENGLUND / SWE / 28.03 (2a, 3s-2t, 3t) I also remember her from last year, she was in the top group back then, too. Good basics and expression! La Strada.

11. Cecilie DREIER / DEN / 26.14 (2lz-2t, 2f, 1a) voidy formula music AND costume, wheeee

12. Ellen YU / NOR / 26.04 (2lz-2t, 2a<< fall-ish, something) I kinda missed her because I kept wondering about how my standings are weird...

13. Joanna KALLELA / FIN / 24.17 (2a fall-ish, 3s fall, 3t fall ) awwwww Joanna, she's actually very good but this was not good

14. Emma Louise JENSEN / DEN / 24.17 (2lz-2lo, 2f, 1a) tiiiiiiny jumps

15. Madeleine LIDHOLM TORGERSEN / NOR / 23.05 (2f-2t, 2a<< fall, 2lo) Carmen, oh goody

16. urur Bjrg BJRGVINSDTTIR / ISL / 22.68 (1a, 2lz messy-2t, 2f) Ah the voidy Icelandic letters, I have no idea what her first name is POLOVETSIAN DANCES, thank you thank you thank you. One of my favorite skating pieces, perfect way to end the competition. I thought she was the best of the Icelandic skaters with good basics.

17. Hrafnhildur sk BIRGISDTTIR / ISL / 22.43 (1a, 1lz, 2f-2t) she was perky!

18. Elsabet Ingibjrg SVARSDTTIR / ISL / 22.14 (1a, 2lz-2t, 2f) red-headed girl with a black and pink unitard , she was actually quite good

19. Kristn Valds RNLFSDTTIR / ISL / 22.02 (1a fall , 2lz-2t, 2f)

20. Leonora Colmor JEPSEN / DEN / 17.13 (2a<<, 1lz, 1f)

PML, there were so many mistakes in my standings it's almost not even funny. I sincerely apologize. I corrected everything now.

At least the jump notes were pretty much 100% accurate, which must be a first.

I love how the Icelandic girls consistently scored 22 points each.

If I should recommend some of these performances on YouTube, I'd go with the top3. Especially the Swedish kid Schneider, she was awesome!
    Last edited by Hanna; 02-01-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Ok. Downloaded the VLC thing and it works. Thanks for everyone's help. One last question Does anyone have the start order (the results page doesn't seem to have anything).
    they are having problems with the internet connection so the results were not live on the the page today. I have also been notified that VLC program is going to run the livestream

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skoppa View Post
    the novice boys have started and so the nordics 2013 have truly began (we just ignore the singing woman at the opening ceremony that sang new years song that had nothing to do with skating what so ever)
    even thought it is a folk song sung on new years it is about dancing on the ice and how it shimmers in the moonlight...Im sure that is why it was chosen. I personally would have preferred the national anthem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thorag View Post
    even thought it is a folk song sung on new years it is about dancing on the ice and how it shimmers in the moonlight...Im sure that is why it was chosen. I personally would have preferred the national anthem
    I just found it wrong somehow

vCash
    This little Anastasia Schneider is fabolous. And she only is 11 years old. She was the swedish champion in Advanced Novice 13 years old in Sweden. She still has 4 years left in the Novice class!!

vCash
    i'm here watching (not many here)

vCash
    Ah, just made it home in time for my big favorite Lyydia (who is unfortunately prone to bombing like no one else ).

So many interesting names! Can't wait to see Josefin Taljegrd, she's always rockin'.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    yes, not just me ;-)

vCash
    oooo live skating! Are we on the first warm up group for Junior Ladies?

ETA Yes, I see we are

vCash
    Deleted
    Last edited by Hanna; 02-01-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    The Finnish girl Lyydia I really liked, fantastic spinner. The second Icelandic girl, Julia, has great speed and flow over the ice compared to her teammates. Enjoyed her footwork and choreography (jumps and spins not so much).

eta...the above looks stupid and out of context considering Hannas preceding post so ignore as I was just commenting on the first group and stopped.

I do wonder why the Icelandic girl Agnes is skating in Junior? She was the Novice champion at the end of November and her marks were on par with the rest of the Novice podium so odd to move her to junior mid-season. She has the technical content of the Novice skaters.
    Last edited by marbri; 02-01-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Bad timing. I was shopping and just came back. Nelma has already skated.
    Last edited by maija; 02-01-2013 at 03:48 PM.

vCash
    I do wonder why the Icelandic girl Agnes is skating in Junior? She was the Novice champion at the end of November and her marks were on par with the rest of the Novice podium so odd to move her to junior mid-season. She has the technical content of the Novice skaters.
    Maybe they wanted to fill as many spots as possible to give everybody a chance? And therefore moved one of the girls = her up...... I don't know, that's just a guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by maija View Post
    Bad timing. I was sopping and just came back. Nelma has already skated.
    She was very good! Apparently you should be able to catch a YouTube video later - no idea when though.

vCash
    Ah, I have high expectations for the 3rd group!

vCash
    So odd to see Josefin Taljegrd as such a big girl! I always remember her like this (in our competition 2006): http://espoonjaataiturit.sporttisait...6/photos_2006/

ps. She just skated very well!

vCash
    Moved this to a more proper place in the thread.

Final Results, Junior Ladies - Short Program, Protocols

1. Josefin TALJEGRD / SWE / 50.11 (3s-2t, 3f, 2a) Wheeeeeeee absolutely adore her since Nordics 2007! That was AMAZING! Her PCS should be more than everybody else combined! She's FIERCE! The step sequence is FABULOUS! Jump rotations may have been questionable but she has some true star quality. YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS!

2. Jenni SAARINEN / FIN / 46.30 (3t-3t fall out of second jump, 3f fall , 2a) This is the girl that Finland is sending to Junior Worlds. Not her best day (usually the 3f is not a problem for her) but the free should be her fort. She has teknik but is still very much a junior skater (she's 13) with not much choreography or interpretation.

3. Nelma HEDE / FIN / 43.93 (2a very good, 3s-2t, 2f) Yay, clean! She has started to grow into a very musical and expressive being, I love it! All jumps very good quality today.

4. Rebecka EMANUELSSON / SWE / 42.14 (3f fall, 3s-2t, 2a) She's one of the more experienced junior ladies here and it shows. Mature with very good presentation and overall skill.

5. Elin HALLBERG / SWE / 41.25 (3s fall, 2a, 2f) Ah the golden blades of glory... very nice and soft basics, good skating overall

6. Pernille SRENSEN / DEN / 37.55 (3s turnout-2t, 2f, 2a) Can she break into the FIN-SWE top10? Yes she can!

7. Liubov EFIMENKO / FIN / 36.09 (1lz, 3f fall, 2a) Energetic as ever, borderline rushed. She's very BAM BAM BAM TADAH TADAH TADAH. Tons of choreography but you could see that she was slightly ahead of her music most of the time (unless the sound and picture are not in synch). She needs to learn to not only do the planned choreography but actually do it to the music. Spins are WILD (in a good way) but jumps were not there today, unfortunately.

8. Natasja REMSTEDT / SWE / 35.69 (2f, 3t fall, 2a barely) More Aranjuez. I remember her from last year! Lovely interpretation and expression.

9. Lyydia MTTNEN / FIN / 35.40 (3t fall, 3f step out, 2a step out) She breaks my heart every single time. Please, someone tell me how to not get attached to the headcases. She's got all the goods in the world for this sport (all the triples, amazing spins) but it never happens.

10. Emilia TOIKKANEN / FIN / 35.36 (2f, 2s<<-2t, 2a) Her program is packed with transitions, I hope judges notice.

11. Felicia ANDERSSON / SWE / 35.35 (3s turnout-2t, 2a turnout, 2f) Wheeeeeee Nightwish! Very nice speed and flow.

12. Daria PODTELEJNIKOVA / DEN / 33.41 (2a, 3s fall, 2f) Ah Lyydia's music, I lurve the Artist soundtrack. This girl was good! Some lovely spin positions, presentation, teknik... what not.

13. Jemima RASMUSS / NOR / 32.11 (waxel, 2lz-2t, 2f) Wheee, Bach's Air with some reggae remix.

14. Vala Rn B. MAGNSDTTIR / ISL / 30.56 (2a step out, 2lz-2t, 2f) The Icelandic girls cheering are breaking the microphones.

15. Emma ANDERSEN / DEN / 30.14 (1t, 2a, 2f) She was rather perky and enjoyable and had nice speed into her jumps. Too bad that what I'm sure was supposed to be 3t-2t didn't work out.

16. Heidi LILLESTER / NOR / 29.33 (3s-1t, 1a, 2f) Ugh, the most awful saxophone elevator muzak. But she has some rather soft basics.

17. Emma Norby PETERSEN / DEN / 29.25 (2a, 2lz-2t, 2f<<) Skating to Aranjuez

18. Jla GRTARSDTTIR / ISL / 28.16 (2f fall out + hands down, 2a fall, 2lz-2t) The Feeling Begins... she has very nice speed! Not bad at all!

19. Nadia Margrt JAMCHI / ISL / 27.04 (2a, 2lz step out, 2f) Very nice 2a! Someone needs to tell the Icelandic team to lose the "tights over boots" look though.

20. Agnes Ds BRYNJARSDTTIR / ISL / 20.40 (2a<< fall, 2lz fall, 2f) Awww poor girl. I lurves In the Halls of the Mountain King.
    Last edited by Hanna; 02-01-2013 at 05:57 PM.

vCash
    Final Results, Senior Ladies - Short Program

1. Viktoria HELGESSON / SWE / 54.37 (3t-3t< fall, 3lo, 2a) Hmmmmmmm. If we combined Viktoria's skating and Joshi's programs we'd have a winner IMO. Jump teknik to that combo should be borrowed from an outsider though.

2. Joshi HELGESSON / SWE / 53.83 (3lz, 3s-2t, 2a) I really really love this music and program. It's fab. But her jumps never stop looking heavy. She also messed up the end of her middle spin.

3. Anne Line GJERSEM / NOR / 48.x5 (3s-2t, 3lo, 2a) Very good jumps today! I have a soft spot for the Gjersems, they're fun!

4. Isabelle OLSSON / SWE / 47.90 (3lo, 3lz-3t<< fall, 2a) Wheeeeee lurve her perky stewardess voids!! But wait, wait... was that really a 3lz-3t attempt? Wow! I completely prefer her over the Helgessons and am hoping she'll get to go to Euros next year!

5. Anita MADSEN / DEN / 47.77 (3lo hand down -2t, 3s, 2a) I also remember her from Nordics 2007 when she was a little novice girl! The most promising out of the Danish bunch already back then. She has come a long way!

6. Camilla GJERSEM / NOR / 46.52 (3lo-2t, 3t, 2a) She made it! Compared to her sis she has a bit of a leg wrap but they have a very similar energetic style.

7. Anine RABE / NOR / 44.93 (3t-2t, 3s turnout, 2a) Lovely soft style, good basics, fab spins.

8. Seidi RANTANEN / FIN / 43.78 (3t-2t, 3s, 2a fall ) She's rather lovely with her basics and speed but hasn't really improved a whole lot during the last 2-3 years or so.

9. Nea VIIRI / FIN / 43.xx (3t-2t, 3s, 2a) Clean! I love her music. I have a soft spot for her and it's always good to see her skate well despite kinda having admitted to myself that she will probably never much improve from the point she's currently at...

10. Rosaliina KUPARINEN / FIN / 42.97 (2.5lz, 3t, 2a) Good, soft basics. She has been injured a lot over the years but has managed to come back from them. Lovely sit spin positions!

11. Alina MILEVSKAYA / UKR / 42.58 (3lz, 2a, 3s-2t)

12. Gubjrg GUTTORMSDTTIR / ISL / 24.32 (2a, 2lo, 2f fall) Iceland has a lot of redheads!
    Last edited by Hanna; 02-01-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast