Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    The interview above was done at the time of their return to Russia for the 60th Birthday tribute to Tarasova.

Their introduction/program begins at about 4:00 in this clip.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQFAHnu06Yc

The response of the audience - and TAT are wonderful.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    I was very moved when I got to see them skate in Russia again.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    I love their performance to Elgie by Rachmaninoff. For being so well known for their unison, I am shocked at the quality of their mirror skating.

Thanks for posting it, Skatesindreams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FQU9QT5bBk

vCash
    I would love to see them skate live even today. What a treat that would be. I would watch them skate even at their current ages anyday over any of the rather bland pairs on the Wold scene today.

vCash
    Up to the last minute, they had hoped to skate at this year's Evening with Champions, but Oleg's doctor felt they should not do it. Paul Wylie, who was the MC for the event, recorded the crowd giving the Protopopovs a huge round of applause on his Ipad and emailed it to them. I hope they will be able to skate again next year.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Great thread! I have loved their skating for many years. I recently watched their Swan program. Beautiful! I have their Ave Maria on tape, and I used to watch the Evening with champions on TV; I always looked forward to seeing them skate in it. They changed pairs skating forever.
    and for that, I’ve always respectfully called them The Prototypes. Wonderful skating, wonderful indeed.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12