Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 86
  1. #41
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    You know, you say that all the time about celebrities you say you aren't interested in. But I never see info about most of these celebrities except when you (and others) start threads on FSU. I didn't even know Kim was dating anyone, for example, let alone who. I probably would have figured out she was pregnant without coming to FSU but the rags like the National Enquirer have been saying she is pregnant for years now so it might have taken me a while to figure out this time it was real.

    Bottom line: I think you do seek out celebrity news. And then bitch about how you can't escape it. If you really didn't care, then you wouldn't be following whomever you follow on Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo!, etc. That's what people who REALLY don't care about celebrity gossip do.

    And, if you don't seek it out, then it's not "everywhere". It hardly anywhere, in fact.
    Madame, are you like 90 years old? I don't seek any Kartrashian info, yet like osmosis it enters me.

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Looking for cupcakes
    Posts
    30,705
    vCash
    5550
    Rep Power
    13945
    I realize that KK is a media hound, but maybe she really did want a baby and felt the clock ticking. And Whitney - why does it matter that you think KK would be a better mom that "Say Paris Hilton"? There are plenty of babies/mothers to worry about that are in your community, the celebs will have lots of help because they can afford it, there are many kids at risk whose parents do not have help.

  3. #43
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I heard about it on the Yahoo.
    I heard about it on the CNN. I hate the world we live in, just for the record.

  4. #44
    Saint Smugpawski
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    Posts
    11,415
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14623
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    I heard about it on the CNN. I hate the world we live in, just for the record.
    Remember when you'd lay awake at night until like 3am trying to remember things like just what the heck was John Boy's name in real life? And then you'd sit up and gasp and shout out "THAT'S IT!" when the file from the offsite storage in your brain was retrieved and then finally, FINALLY you could settle yourself down and go to sleep.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    730
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I realize that KK is a media hound, but maybe she really did want a baby and felt the clock ticking. And Whitney - why does it matter that you think KK would be a better mom that "Say Paris Hilton"? There are plenty of babies/mothers to worry about that are in your community, the celebs will have lots of help because they can afford it, there are many kids at risk whose parents do not have help.
    This thread has become more serious than I thought it would. I'm not sure what you meant by your response to me but I never said my opinion mattered or was important, I doubt Kim is losing sleep over what I or anyone else thinks of her. Kim, like Paris, are people who have chosen to live every moment of their lives in the public eye, and when you do that, people are going to comment. And because of my job, I am more than aware of the troubled families in my community.

    As for celebrity news. You really don't have to seek it out anymore. This was a banner headline on USA Today, it was also on CNN.

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,870
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah, it's a bit difficult to escape celebrity gossip when you read the news at all, because it's so pervasive. I just choose to mostly ignore it. It's no skin off my back.

    I think their kid will turn out fine, regardless of the parents being possibly the two most egocentric people on the planet. They're not known for drug abuse (which is probably the biggest danger of being rich and famous), so with the swimming pools of money in between them, their child will be all right, more or less. It is what it is.

  7. #47
    Saint Smugpawski
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    Posts
    11,415
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14623
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    I think their kid will turn out fine, regardless of the parents being possibly the two most egocentric people on the planet. They're not known for drug abuse (which is probably the biggest danger of being rich and famous), so with the swimming pools of money in between them, their child will be all right, more or less. It is what it is.
    Jon Bon Jovi's daughter has a bit of a heroin problem and he married his high school sweetheart. Just sayin'.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    588
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It is normal for women Kim's age to have babies, so I don't see the big deal. The baby is blameless, and is Kim K really that bad, say like Courtney Love bad? I agree she seems vapid, and I couldn't get through more than 15 minutes of her show, but she doesn't seem like such a truly horrible person who would only procreate for attention. Who knows, maybe the baby will help her mature.

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,283
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Sorry I can't get excited about Kim's pregnancy, more concerned about my co-worker who is 14 weeks pregnant, unmarried, on food stamps and thinks a baby is going to magically change her life for the better even after her mom said she can't live at home with the baby.
    I feel so sorry for this little one and any little ones who are conceived either because their DNA providers think a baby will just magically change their lives like your co worker does or in a sad last chance to save a marriage that's a long ago lost cause. Not only does it never work, but then the little one usually ends up either being neglected or blamed for "not fixing the problem" or both in some sad way. Also for the Mom to be who actually thinks this is a good idea.

    Just sad all around.

    As far as the newest Kardashian baby news goes....I think my favourite comment came from the thread over at The Royal Forums earlier today...

    Gird your loins. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are expecting their first child together.
    Had to chuckle at that one.

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,870
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Jon Bon Jovi's daughter has a bit of a heroin problem and he married his high school sweetheart. Just sayin'.
    Sure, it can still happen. Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston's daughter never had a chance, though.

  11. #51
    Saint Smugpawski
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    Posts
    11,415
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14623
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston's daughter never had a chance, though.
    Is she hanging out with Jack Klugman? I thought she was still on our side of the playing field.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,870
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Is she hanging out with Jack Klugman? I thought she was still on our side of the playing field.
    No she is, but there's evidence that she's been abusing drugs too. It's hard to get out of a culture if both your parents were deep in it themselves.

  13. #53
    Saint Smugpawski
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    Posts
    11,415
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14623
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    No she is, but there's evidence that she's been abusing drugs too. It's hard to get out of a culture if both your parents were deep in it themselves.
    It may not be an easy feat to reject her family's programming, but it's her choice to be walking that path. Frances Bean doesn't seem to have much trouble telling her wacky mother to pound salt.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

  14. #54
    Watch me move
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    16,709
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I think the most interesting thing about this news is the behind the scenes drama it must have caused because of the way it was announced. I got the feeling the Kardashians don't announce ANYTHING without a magazine exclusive $$$$$ to break the news and if I understand it correctly Kanye just blurted it out at a concert. He might not want to play his life and child the way the Kardashian family does and for that reason alone I don't think it's great news these two are procreating.
    Not to mention that Kanye has tons of his own $$$. So if Mama Kris thinks she can force him to comply with her $$$-making plans (like she allegedly did
    with Kris Humphries) then she might be in for a big surprise.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,022
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    This thread has become more serious than I thought it would. I'm not sure what you meant by your response to me but I never said my opinion mattered or was important, I doubt Kim is losing sleep over what I or anyone else.
    All internet threads containing celebrity gossip are unable to conclude until at least three people have entered said thread for the purpose of opining that they're superior because they don't pay any attention whatsoever to pop culture.

  16. #56

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,197
    vCash
    800
    Rep Power
    818
    I just hope It was explained to Kim that this is longer than 72 day commitment and that she is forever tied to Kayne.
    I'm honest, just not always in a nice way

  17. #57

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hula-hooping with Michelle Obama
    Posts
    3,789
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    18431
    This is the first thing that came to mind when I heard the news. Does art imitate life? You tell me......

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY

    His mother is spinning in her grave.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

  18. #58

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hula-hooping with Michelle Obama
    Posts
    3,789
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    18431
    Oh....and I think it's best that Kanye can't marry KK now. He just doesn't know it yet.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    730
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The best thing about all of this is that Kanye has a big mouth, especially after he hits the Hennessy. Instead of worrying about Kris Humphries telling secrets, they better start worrying about Kanye.

  20. #60

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,112
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    17206
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    This is the first thing that came to mind when I heard the news. Does art imitate life? You tell me......

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY

    His mother is spinning in her grave.
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    Oh....and I think it's best that Kanye can't marry KK now. He just doesn't know it yet.
    I guess I'm being dense but I don't get your point. Are you saying Kanye is too good for her or is superior in some way? yarite.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •