Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

vCash
    I would never say that someone is too good for someone else. But I will say that I do not think that she is for him. I would love to be wrong because he seems to be terribly smitten. But she has reputation of being flighty and opportunistic.

Rex, where are you?
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    Rex, where are you?
    You KNOW he's not one to gossip.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    I bet their momnager is already busy contacting rag magazines for exclusive rights to the baby's first photos. It's not bad being born into wealth though.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    This is the first thing that came to mind when I heard the news. Does art imitate life? You tell me......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY

His mother is spinning in her grave.
    Er, Kanye is definitely wealthier than Kim, but Kim's net worth is supposedly something like 40 million dollars. I realize that a person can always want more, but if that's the case, I'd say she's looking for more of a profitable partnership than a meal ticket.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    I would never say that someone is too good for someone else. But I will say that I do not think that she is for him. I would love to be wrong because he seems to be terribly smitten. But she has reputation of being flighty and opportunistic.

Rex, where are you?
    He's a talented artist, but that doesn't necessarily translate to wanting an equally talented partner. Kanye hasn't had exactly brainy girlfriends in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Er, Kanye is definitely wealthier than Kim, but Kim's net worth is supposedly something like 40 million dollars. I realize that a person can always want more, but if that's the case, I'd say she's looking for more of a profitable partnership than a meal ticket.
    Yup. She wants more fame, not money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    He's a talented artist, but that doesn't necessarily translate to wanting an equally talented partner. Kanye hasn't had exactly brainy girlfriends in the past.

Yup. She wants more fame, not money.
    What she seeks is celebrity.....fame + fortune....i.e. a specific kind of lifestyle. And you can't have too much of either.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    I see her as more famous than him, and I think HE'S the one seeking fame/wider audience.

I think she just wants them to be like Jay-Z and Beyonce. She probably envisions herself a career woman, and despairs of finding a man who will be supportive of her ambitions.

Of course you know there will be problems between Momager and Kanye.

And I can't believe I know this, but I do feel bad for Khloe who's been trying for a baby for years.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    I hope no one pays attention to her pregnancy except for her doctor and maybe her mother.
    If her mother pays attention on her pregnancy - the 3D sonogram will go live on E! and the birth will be televised globally.

vCash
    I think she just wants them to be like Jay-Z and Beyonce.
    There was a rumor in one of those rags that Kim wanted to be best friends with Beyonce, and thought she would be since Kanye and Jay-Z are so close , but Beyonce pretty much shut that dream down.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    You know, you say that all the time about celebrities you say you aren't interested in. But I never see info about most of these celebrities except when you (and others) start threads on FSU. I didn't even know Kim was dating anyone, for example, let alone who. I probably would have figured out she was pregnant without coming to FSU but the rags like the National Enquirer have been saying she is pregnant for years now so it might have taken me a while to figure out this time it was real.

Bottom line: I think you do seek out celebrity news. And then bitch about how you can't escape it. If you really didn't care, then you wouldn't be following whomever you follow on Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo!, etc. That's what people who REALLY don't care about celebrity gossip do.

And, if you don't seek it out, then it's not "everywhere". It hardly anywhere, in fact.
    Where on earth do you get this stuff? Among other assumptions above, I don't think I've ever started a thread about a celebrity on FSU, and certainly not one that doesn't interest me; the only celebrities I follow on Facebook are Jamie Oliver and Jann Arden, and I do not tweet.

Just because you and some others would never have heard about this without FSU doesn't mean it's not out there - as others have noted, they've seen it on multiple mainstream news sources, whether they sought it out, or whether it was just around them as they go about their business on the internet, at the grocery store, flipping by news channels, or even, as I mentioned in another thread, in a elevator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Sorry I can't get excited about Kim's pregnancy, more concerned about my co-worker who is 14 weeks pregnant, unmarried, on food stamps and thinks a baby is going to magically change her life for the better even after her mom said she can't live at home with the baby.
    Sorry to hear about coworker and can't believe this is still going on in today's day and age. Also, still see women getting married to someone who isn't the one just so they can be married (while it lasts) and have kids.
    Back to Kim, I feel sorry in a way for her married sis (hope they consider adoption soon. I wonder if there are birthmoms trying to contact them). Can't believe I am thinking this because I do kind of agree with doing away with some of these conventions that hold women down, or shame them while praising same behaviors from men, but it seems
    Kim is a married woman who is now pregnant with another man's baby. I don't know if Kanye lives up to the so called rapper's rep with the ladies, but I sure hope not. I do wish her health and happiness but why the rush to get knocked up while she is still married? I didn't read the USA today article so maybe it was in there. Maybe if she was like 45 and it was kind of do or die time and the baby daddy was also older and wanting a family then it'd be a bit more understandable that this may go on at the very end stages of signing divorce paperwork.
    I worry about the effects that these "Reality" shows are having on people who think this is all 100% actual and the way to be.
    If you follow Honey Boo Boo there are pics now out on the web of her ice skating if anyone wants to search them. I wish she and anyone in that family would take lessons if they are interested.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Among other assumptions above, I don't think I've ever started a thread about a celebrity on FSU,
    Oh, I thought you started this one. My bad.

Anyway, I was at the grocery store yesterday so I made myself look at the gossip rags... nothing on Kim or her baby news but apparently Bethany Frankel is getting a divorce?

This made me realize that I don't look at them any more and when I do they seem to mostly be about reality tv stars whose shows I never watch so I have no idea who they are (and don't care enough to find out). I used to read the covers in line at the grocery to "keep up with popular culture" and so I would probably be saying that you can't avoid this kind of news because of that, but I've realized that just isn't true. The last couple of times I went to the dentist, they took me back before I could find a People, I didn't even try to read anything when I last got my haircut because I was playing solitaire on my iPhone and I don't watch the evening news much any more because I don't think it's very informative. Oh and I don't go to Yahoo! either.

I've realized that people pay attention to what interests them. If something doesn't interest you, it's very easy to avoid the subject, I've found. You can't totally avoid it but I'm mystified by the idea that this sort of news is "everywhere". Obviously, it's out there because I now know about it even though I don't care but I've found I've missed quite a bit of news that supposedly is "everywhere" over the years and I frequently run into people who are even less tapped in than I am.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I first saw this news at NBC's news site when checking the national news. It was a headline on the main page in the top corner right across from updates on the Congressional "fiscal cliff" negotiations. All you have to do to be aware of this kind of non-news is click on the web to read real news and it is in your face. It also appeared pretty prominently on CNN's U.S. home page the day it broke. Both sites people likely open to read more "serious" news.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Is it a bad thing to know that Kim Kardashian is pregnant?

I realize that it isn't news in the sense that, say, the fiscal cliff is. And I can see thinking "Who cares?" But I don't get why it is such an issue with people that this is in the news at all. A lot of people clearly find such things interesting and they want to know about it, which makes it news. I can see thinking that it isn't "news," but so what? There is tons of news produced every single day and most people pass right over most of it. I don't get thinking that this is shoved in people's faces any more than any other kind of news is. Most things in the news just slide right on by unless you make it a point to find out about it.

I get most of my celebrity gossip here. I found out about the pregnancy here. I told my husband; he didn't know either until then. But at some point, both of us would have become aware of it without FSU, one way or another. But why is this such a problem? If it doesn't interest you, put it out of your mind and go on with life, just as you do with anything else in the news that you don't pay any attention to.

I'm with MacMadame. If you are interested enough to open a thread about the topic and read that thread, then I think you are interested in the topic. It always amazes me how much some posters here know about people whom they clearly despise and claim to have little interest in. They blame it on the media for "shoving it in our faces," but it's not all that hard to say "No, thanks" and move on. If it were hard to do, people would know more about things like the fiscal cliff, which is something that most people don't understand even though there has been a lot more news about that than about Kim Kardashian.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    yep: pregnancy easy to understand. Man/Woman have sex. Sperm/egg find each other, ta-da baby. Long term effects - for your lifetime

fiscal cliff: how we got here, why we got here, what could prevent it , what long term effects - no easy answers to the who, what ,when, where and how questions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    yep: pregnancy easy to understand. Man/Woman have sex. Sperm/egg find each other, ta-da baby. Long term effects - for your lifetime

fiscal cliff: how we got here, why we got here, what could prevent it , what long term effects - no easy answers to the who, what ,when, where and how questions
    Right. You can read the headline and get the whole story on this. On NBC it was "Kim Kardashian and Kanye West expecting a baby". Nothing more is required. That tends to be true of lots of entertainment news. "Movie A wins box office with ___ million". End of story. Whereas the fiscal cliff headlines cannot explain everything in five to ten words.

vCash
    Google News headline: http://www.people.com/people/article...660656,00.html (dang, "link" button isn't working for me; sorry). Kim's brother Rob says "I'll wait for marriage before baby." But Rob, she *is* married. . . just not to the father of her child :run:
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I don't know CA law, but if she's still married to Kris H. when the baby is born, he may legally be presumed the father. Not sure if that holds if they put Kanye on the birth certificate.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    "presumption of paternity." In many states, whenever a child is born to a married couple, the husband is automatically presumed to be the father. As a result, it's possible for a man t be legally and financially responsible for a child he did not biologically father.
    Khris may indeed be responsible for the baby's financial future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Khris may indeed be responsible for the baby's financial future.
    Kim should have gotten knocked-up by her current husband. Not because
    of the old-fashioned ethic that one shouldn't get preggers by one guy
    while married to another--my, how antiquated-- but because he's hotter than
    Kanye West, which is setting the bar pretty low. That's what's truly important!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast