Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    I guess I'm the only one who thinks it'll be interesting to see what kind of father Kanye is. And how it'll affect his music.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Taylor Swift can write a song called "You're a Father Now" and make it about Kanye.

vCash
    So Kimmie has a "bun in the oven". First time she will be known for the term in it's singular usage!

vCash
    I'm sure a small army of nannies will do the actual work, but I actually think these two will be good parents. Kim becoming a parent doesn't strike fear in me the way news of Paris Hilton becoming mother would.
    Last edited by Whitneyskates; 12-31-2012 at 08:58 PM.

vCash
    Now we just need someone to call this kid America's Royal Baby and my 2012 will be complete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    I'm sure a small army of nannies will do the actual work, but I actually think these two will be good parents. Kim becoming a parent doesn't strike fear in me the way news of Paris Hilton becoming mother would.
    I dunno. Someone who treats her wedding as an opportunity for TV and as a $$$$ grab, and then when the relationship ends treats that as an opportunity for $$$ interviews about her "heartbreak", doesn't strike me as the most mature and balanced parent-to-be on the planet.

I just hope that everyone who wants to give her a baby gift remembers what happens with the wedding gifts she decided not to keep, i.e. she sent the givers a letter saying that she was giving the present to charity, and then kept the tax receipts for the donations for herself.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Love this quote from this Washington Post article:

"On the whole, it’s a fitting end to 2012. We know the Mayans weren’t right, but this is the next best thing."
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Imagine the that's going to go on with Kim Kardashian's PR people and Jessica Simpson's PR people, trying to outdo each other in $elling pregnancy stories.....
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I think the most interesting thing about this news is the behind the scenes drama it must have caused because of the way it was announced. I got the feeling the Kardashians don't announce ANYTHING without a magazine exclusive $$$$$ to break the news and if I understand it correctly Kanye just blurted it out at a concert. He might not want to play his life and child the way the Kardashian family does and for that reason alone I don't think it's great news these two are procreating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Sick to death of anything starting with a K myself .
    Since you've directed this rather bitchy comment to me, I must correct you. I wasn't posting about Kim Kardashian; I was commenting on the concept of celebrity in history, and media's role in creating celebrity. I opened this thread specifically because that is the topic that interests me, and I was curious to see how FSUers were reacting to the news.
    Then who else were you referring to with the "K"? King Kong? Katherine Hepburn? Genghis Khan?
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Twitter jokes on Kardashian baby:
    http://www.ibtimes.com/kim-kardashia...egnancy-983678

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    "Sick to death of anything starting with a K myself -." is commenting on the concept of celebrity in history, and media's role in creating celebrity? Sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Then who else were you referring to with the "K"? King Kong? Katherine Hepburn? Genghis Khan?
    That was meant to be context - that even if you are not seeking the info, it's there, it's everywhere, and before Kim Kardashian it was someone else, and when she's long forgotten it will be someone else again.

#epicfail on my communications skills today apparently

vCash
    Well I feel bad for Khloe - wasnt she trying desperately to get pregnant with her husband? And now Kim, with all the looks, also gets effortlessly preggers!

vCash
    Sorry I can't get excited about Kim's pregnancy, more concerned about my co-worker who is 14 weeks pregnant, unmarried, on food stamps and thinks a baby is going to magically change her life for the better even after her mom said she can't live at home with the baby.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    That was meant to be context - that even if you are not seeking the info, it's there, it's everywhere,
    You know, you say that all the time about celebrities you say you aren't interested in. But I never see info about most of these celebrities except when you (and others) start threads on FSU. I didn't even know Kim was dating anyone, for example, let alone who. I probably would have figured out she was pregnant without coming to FSU but the rags like the National Enquirer have been saying she is pregnant for years now so it might have taken me a while to figure out this time it was real.

Bottom line: I think you do seek out celebrity news. And then bitch about how you can't escape it. If you really didn't care, then you wouldn't be following whomever you follow on Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo!, etc. That's what people who REALLY don't care about celebrity gossip do.

And, if you don't seek it out, then it's not "everywhere". It hardly anywhere, in fact.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    they can call it kash
    No, even better - they can call it Ka$h
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    I heard about it on the Yahoo.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Krispy Kreme?
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    Taylor Swift can write a song called "You're a Father Now" and make it about Kanye.
    And then Kanye can issue a statement that "Taylor Swift doesn't care about black people."

vCash
    Frankly, I don't give a d..... if KK is pregnant or not.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast