Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prick Admin
    vCash
    A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

vCash
    Pretty good overall. Got divorced, worked like a dog, joined a gym and started going four days a week, and am being considered for a promotion in 2013. Took my first out of the south vacation in years, even though it was just to Iowa. Ate a whole pie in early 2012, and have resolved not to do so in 2013.

vCash
    2012 started off kind of uncertain and not very fun, but from June on, it was great. I spent an amazing 5 days in NYC, survived a quarter-life crisis , started an awesome new job, had the chance to do some great community involvement work, and lost 21 pounds. I feel awesome, and I'm pretty optimistic for what 2013 will bring!

vCash
    This year didn't start off all too well.....started with a fall on a wet floor at the store in January and I went downhill physically and emotionally from there. Then, on my birthday (Sept) got a job offer and an interview for 2 different companies, accepted the first and then accepted the 2nd later because it was the better job. Two days ago, I got a check (cashier's check) in the mail for more than $2000 for overdraft charges that I wasn't expecting--a late Xmas present to myself, apparently.

The plan for 2013 is to continue to have positive have positive thoughts and to know I have complete control over my own destiny (well, almost complete control). Basically I am determined to be pro-active instead of reactive. It works.

In answer to do what to do for good luck, I have 3 suggestions. First, clean your house. It's best to come into the new year with a clean house (literally and figuratively) so it's both a physical and emotional challenge. Secondly, eat something green. That's supposed to bring you money. Third, eat black-eyed peas. In the south, it's thought to bring good luck. My mother used to fix cabbage and black eyed peas with the New Year's meal every year.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    My 2012 sucked! I am looking forward to saying goodbye to it!
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    And I bought a wonderful little car.
    After swaggering about your libido I thought you were going to say you bought a wonderful little something else.

2012 was pretty alright for me, all things considered.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    I quit making new year's resolutions long ago, so I can't say whether I lived up to my resolutions or not. For me, personally it was an uneventful year, but in many other aspects it was eventful. I wanted to Obama to win the re-election and he did. That was the positive for me. On the negative side, I was disheartened by the increasing violence.

I have never felt sad about the passing of a year, but this time I did. The arrival of 2013 just did not feel that 'happy'.

I met my usual goals of travel, meditation, visiting family, exercise, etc. I did get my 4th Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) award in 2012, and it was exciting for one evening in November, but really nothing big overall.

I have not skated in 18 months (hard to believe that in 2012 I did not skate at all!), so my first resolution for the new year is to start skating, at least occasionally. For Christmas I got a gift card for two sessions at a nearby rink. That will be a good start.

I have not set any goals for 2013 yet, but a new job that is more satisfying and pays better will be nice, particularly if it starts in the fall, and if I could take the whole summer off.

vCash
    If not the worst year of my life, then the second worst. But, I'm hoping that 2013 will turn around and life will be more about happiness, opportunity, and joy than sadness, grief, and struggle...

vCash
    A rather peaceful and uneventful year for me Bouts of food poisoning earlier this year, cold and rash a couple of months ago, some roommate and landlord issues but other than that, everything was fine. (2009 - 2011 was like a roller coaster ride )

I am feeling positive about the year 2013

vCash
    I finally made it to Paris, but became quite ill while I was there. I had to go to the ER when I returned home. I lost 58 pounds. I feel like things improved in my workplace. There are things that I want to change, but I'm grateful for what I have.

vCash
    Turned 50 in 2012, which was a milestone I was really looking forward to, as the last 3 years in particular have been quite tempestuous, and I was bound and determined to use this new decade as a turning point. For the most part, things are much more settled in my life now than they have ever been, although I am very behind on my to do/accomplish list. Due to some personal counseling, I finally have a wee bit of self confidence, and am feeling quite positive that I can continue to grow and maybe even learn to love myself. This year is going to be great.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Not the best, but not the worst either. 2012 - you were so very average.

vCash
    BIPOLAR.

vCash
    Started 2012 in Hurghada, Egypt with my mama, and one of the first things we did in the new year was to go snorkelling in the Red Sea. Which was awesome. The spring semester in school was very stressful, for various reasons, and I'm not happy with the film I made then. But at least I got to dress the hottest dude in school in drag, so that's something.

I spent the summer working my arse off, quite literally. You know those tax free trolleys with booze, candy, crisps and sodas they have on aeroplanes? My job was to count everything in the trolleys when they got back from flights, check the sell-by dates, and then refill the trolley, seal it, and send it out for its next flight. 06:00 to 16:00, quite often with overtime, since the place was understaffed, standing up all day counting and sorting and lifting heavy stuff. And when I had a day off I was mostly too spent to do anything, so then I just stayed in the couch watching tv all day. And that was my summer. At least I could pay off a whole bunch of debts after that.

The autumn semester in school was a LOT better than the spring. The major reason for the constant stress of the spring went away, and, unrelated to that, my class really came together as a lean, mean, filmmaking machine. We still have our issues, but we can talk about them, unlike the class that went before us, and the new first-years. And then we went to Malta to get scuba diving certificates, which was awesome. The waters around Malta aren't anywhere near as spectacular as the reefs of the Red Sea, but it was still amazing. We also did some filming in Malta, including one scene for my fall project, a film I'm quite pleased with.

The year was finished in the name of the Hobbit. I was massively excited about that film back in 2011, but I couldn't sustain the enthusiasm, and when I heard it'd been stretched into three films I thought it'd be the slowest dragging films of all time. Then I saw this pic, and BAM! excitement rekindled. I went to the midnight premiere dressed as a hobbit, and I'm SO glad I did! The film blew me away completely, it was just three hours of pure adventure, and I haven't been able to think of much else since. And having a head full of sexy, smouldering dwarves is quite a fine way to end the year, in my opinion.

vCash
    For me, 2012 was a year of major life changes. Minus having a kid, I experienced many other big changes.

I started a new job in February, leaving my previous toxic job. I got engaged in the spring and married in the fall. I bought a house at the end of the summer. I also adopted another dog. I also, finally, started skating lessons. Lots of other little things in between.

Overall, 2012 was a good year. But, for me, a little too much change. I'm just hoping for an uneventful 2013.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12