vCash

Any fans? Prog-rock band Rush honored by Canada in House Of Commons

Yes! The three travellers, Men Of Willowdale, were honored in the House Of Commons. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/canew...-29181092.html Saw them 4 times in concert.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    My first concert was Rush- their Farewell to Kings tour. I spent the whole concert pinching myself in awe that they were really there up on the stage.

I don't really listen much to their genre of music anymore, but I have an immense amount of respect for their musical talent.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Saw them back in 1983 on the Signals tour - we were 14th row, and afterwards, my ears didn't stop ringing for two days.

I still listen to them from time to time. They're all three amazing musicians (as a drummer, I have always been in awe of Neil Peart), but they're also so freaking technically perfect and clean when they play, their music has a, for lack of a better word, sterility that, when compared to other bands, always leaves me feeling like it's lacking something.

vCash
    I was never a fan and told this guy I worked with and later found out he is/was a friend of (Geddy Lee? sp?) and would use one of his weeks of vacation each year to travel with the band. Boy did I feel stupid. Anyway they certainly had a lot of fans stateside from all of the folks who told me I was indeed nuts not to like their music. The guy who traveled with the band did not say I was stupid or nuts--he was more "to each his own."

vCash
    Not one of their biggest fans, but always liked hearing them on the radio. Nice to be honoured.

vCash
    Hubby has been a huge Rush fan for years. This is cool.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

In the place 4 hours due East of where George Spiteri has his workshop
    vCash
    Rush is my favorite band. 'Nuff said.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I've seen every tour for the past 30 years, and I have to say the most recent show I saw was one of the best of any concert I've ever seen. New CD comes out in June, another tour is afoot!

vCash
    I wasn't much of a fan (and HATED Tom Sawyer) until I saw their documentary when it premiered in Toronto. My husband was pleased because he's a huge fan, and I was finally on board. We went home that night and bought tickets for that tour. Are they ever spectacular live! Seeing the entire crowd air drum during the (ugh) Tom Sawyer solo was really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I still listen to them from time to time. They're all three amazing musicians (as a drummer, I have always been in awe of Neil Peart), but they're also so freaking technically perfect and clean when they play, their music has a, for lack of a better word, sterility that, when compared to other bands, always leaves me feeling like it's lacking something.
    I'm not sure I agree with this, but I can see how some feel that way. I think their dedication to being incredible musicians, especially as a band, is so rare these days.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Well this really dates me but I cannot think of Rush without thinking of Doug and Bob MacKenzie.

vCash

Take off, eh?

Yeah, even I remember that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot70G4wSQi0 For something just as Canadian, but more recent, here's The Trailer Park Boys version of on of their hits! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDRPtg0kmJU

vCash
    Couldn't help but laugh when I saw this in the Globe & Mail: http://www.braingell.com/wp-content/...rinch-rush.jpg