Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amelie Lacoste

vCash
    Amélie Lacoste has generally failed to move up since 2008-2009. At 4CC she has been 10th, 7th, 9th, and 7th. I believe she overcame obstacles prior to these years, so you have to admire her for continuing steadily. She has had a few positive GP moments, but I think the judges have not especially supported her.

I myself preferred Lacoste to Phanouf. Phanouf had that penchant for falling and falling hard, and there were other issues we need not discuss here.

I have observed Lacoste has delivered programs with more musical footwork than most of the USA and European ladies. Hopefully she will become an Olympian, but as Twilight1 alludes, it may be somewhat out of her control. Let us hope things work out for her to be in Sochi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPyzFlsmbWU
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 01-11-2013 at 09:11 AM.

vCash
    I think that Amelie has made great progress in her artistry and should get decent PCs. Good for her for putting in the hard work.
    I agree with TheIronLady though, that she has probably reached her potential and something amazing would have to happen for her to make any upward move on the world stage. She continues to struggle with the 3S and seems to have completely abandoned the 3T and even the 2T, relying on her loop which is really good and her strongest jump. I was hoping that she had recently added the
    3T for Canadians. I wish I could just relax and enjoy her skating, she can be quite lovely. But there is always that tension that she will fall on her jumps. And personally I wish she would close her lips when she skates (Osborne Colson would say she skates like a fish)
    If she wins Canadians she will need to go to 4CC to make the qualifying points for worlds, unless the ISU lowers the standard. Skate Canada will have to sort out who goes to Worlds, 4C, Junior Worlds. How wonderful to have Canadian Ladies to speculate about!
    Last edited by googooeyes; 01-11-2013 at 01:54 PM.

vCash
    I find Amelie to be a lovely and powerful skater...she's just a victim of her nerves. She and Cynthia suffer(ed) from the same problem of terrible competition nerves.

If Amelie starts delivering her programs with consistency, she'll see her PCS go up. Ashley is proof of this. Last season on the GP Ashley received lower PCS but she delivered strong performances so that by the time 4CC rolled around (and she'd won nationals with strong performances again) the judges began to take notice and gave her the PCS she deserved. Since then she's continued to skate strong clean performances and, as a result, her PCS have gone up more. Amelie just needs to find that consistency and focus.

vCash
    Ashley's skating became more consistent last year, after her coaching move to Nicks; she was 20 years old. Amelie is 24 and has been with the same coach for years. There's little chance there'll be any change in her consistency.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12