• Anissina-Peizerat

19 20.00%
  • Other (Specify)

4 4.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

The three best PRO ice dance teams

We might as well do the remaining of the 4 disciplines- ice dance.

I am assuming that Torville-Dean will be on everyone's list, but I decided to add them because the poll would not look complete without them.

vCash
    Pasha and Sasha

vCash
    Torvill & Dean and Klimova & Ponomarenko # 1 & 2, easily. Far and away the best professional ice dance teams.

The third spot is a bit more difficult for me. I know A&S had a great career a pro skaters, so I can see how they would make someone's top 3 list, although I prefer other skaters to them. I lurve A&P and R&K, but much more so for their eligible career than their professional career; if only for the reason that I'm much more familiar with their eligible career. I love U&Z as well, and I do think they had some beautiful routines as pro skaters, along with some ones-like "Love Story" with that balloon. K&O had a relatively short career as pro skaters, but I found their "Still Got the Blues" number absolutely fab. But, when thinking of great ice dance teams, I inevitably think of great programs, and there is one program that stands out for me-B&B's "Rasputin." Drama: check! Death Re-Enactment: Quadruple Check! This is one of my favorite programs of all time, and just based on that program & all of the work B&B have done with their ice theater in Russia, I'm going to give the number 3 spot to B&B.
    Last edited by lulu; 12-30-2012 at 05:38 PM.

vCash
    Torvill & Dean and Klimova & ¨Ponomarenko for sure. I would give the third spot to a team like Annenko & Stretenski or Roca & Sur who shone much more as pros than amateurs. Punsalen & Swallow and Krylova & Ovsiannikov were also wonderful even if the career of K&O as pros was relatively short. Usova & Zhulin were a good professional team at times, despite their turbulent relationship by then, not what they might have been otherwise.

YEAH!
    vCash
    T&D, K&P, and B&B. Loved B&B's Rasputin, Greenpeace, and Iron Curtain programs (the latter don't seem to be on youtube).

vCash
    I'm surprised that Wilson & McCall haven't received more votes. There pro routines were so lively, intricate & fun. It was a pity that Rob bacame ill & passed away young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    T&D, K&P, and B&B. Loved B&B's Rasputin, Greenpeace, and Iron Curtain programs (the latter don't seem to be on youtube).
    Do you know the year(s)/event(s) Greenpeace and Iron Curtain were performed?

YEAH!
    vCash
    1991 and 1992 World pro.

vCash
    1991 and 1992 World pro.
    Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Pasha and Sasha
    I liked their 'Smooth Operator' routine, but the audience at the World Pro didn't. Hmm. Wonder why?

vCash
    Torvill/Dean, Klimova/Ponomarenko, and Usova/Platov. If I'd been more familiar with some of the dance teams' pro routines on this list, I might have made a different choice for third, but I'm not that familiar with some of the teams' routines and I was really impressed by Usova and Platov together, even though they were only together for such a short time. I actually liked Platov better with Usova than with Grishuk, and they looked especially good skating against former partners Grishuk and Zhulin, who were kind of a professional train wreck at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    . I actually liked Platov better with Usova than with Grishuk, and they looked especially good skating against former partners Grishuk and Zhulin, who were kind of a professional train wreck at times.
    Yes but they were an exciting train wreck
    I loved all three of their programmes .Smooth Operator Enigma and Toni Braxton .

vCash
    B&B never (past their first year as pros) received high marks from the judges, but I loved their experimentation, creativity, bringing new themes to ice dance. As pros they fully utilized their freedom to create the programs they wanted to, since they were not limited by 'must win this competition' type programs. It seems as pros they did not really care if they won the competition or not; they had already won the most coveted medal- the OGM.

In addition to those you mentioned, I liked their program skated for the victims of an earthquake (I hope my memory is correct); they both wore black pants and white shirts. I also liked their 'ocean and bird' program with blue costumes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post

In addition to those you mentioned, I liked their program skated for the victims of an earthquake (I hope my memory is correct); they both wore black pants and white shirts. I also liked their 'ocean and bird' program with blue costumes.
    The 'ocean & bird' costume is the "Greenpeace" program. One of the commentators mentioned that Natalia & Andrei are "Greenpeace people" which is probably how the program got its moniker. When I first saw the title, I thought B&B would be re-enacting a Greenpeace protest on ice. But you know, if anyone could pull off that type of that type of void, it would be B&B.
    ITA about B&B creativity and experimentation on ice, its wonderful that they, and Igor Borbin, are still contributing so much through their ice theater as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    B&B never (past their first year as pros) received high marks from the judges, but I loved their experimentation, creativity, bringing new themes to ice dance. As pros they fully utilized their freedom to create the programs they wanted to, since they were not limited by 'must win this competition' type programs. It seems as pros they did not really care if they won the competition or not; they had already won the most coveted medal- the OGM.

ETA: They also had a 'Chess' program where they dressed as black & white chess pieces. I don't remember the details.

vCash
    I dont understand why anyone are saying B&B. I thought they were a terrible pro team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    I dont understand why anyone are saying B&B. I thought they were a terrible pro team.
    They were very innovative as pros. I appreciated that about them.

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    I had to vote for B&B as well, for the same programs that Cher mentioned. I knew everyone would vote for T&D so I didn't bother - their body of work, and Klimova & Ponomarenko's, are famous and those two teams should clearly be 1 and 2. Usova & Zhulin's 'Butterfly' and Annenko & Sretenski's 'Adagietto' are two of my very favorite pro programs - I went with them as my next teams based on these programs alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Pasha and Sasha
    They were my second choice but voted for T/D .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-fLc0isd_o

vCash
    Bechke and Petrov.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast