Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Ah, I thought he had already decided "no" to Worlds when she said she'd want to continue with a new partner, but that he changed his mind about Worlds.

Has he made a final decision about going forward after Saitama?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Has he made a final decision about going forward after Saitama?
    Evgeni listed 2018 Olympics as a goal on his icepartner search profile, so I would assume so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Evgeni listed 2018 Olympics as a goal on his icepartner search profile, so I would assume so.
    I think kwanfan referred to Robin Szolkowy. :-)
    I am not aware that he said something definitely about his future after Worlds. However, he did say before that he wants to end his competitve career. He plans to get married this summer and is exploring professional options. He and Aliona Savchenko have a three-year-contract with Art on Ice, so I think he will at least skate in shows with her.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    I think kwanfan referred to Robin Szolkowy. :-)
    I am not aware that he said something definitely about his future after Worlds. However, he did say before that he wants to end his competitve career. He plans to get married this summer and is exploring professional options. He and Aliona Savchenko have a three-year-contract with Art on Ice, so I think he will at least skate in shows with her.
    So in case Aliona finds a new partner she will still skate in shows with Robin which would mean she would have two partners: one for competitions and one for shows?
    Isn't that a bit much?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    So in case Aliona finds a new partner she will still skate in shows with Robin which would mean she would have two partners: one for competitions and one for shows?
    Isn't that a bit much?
    It sounds so sexy
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    Certainly not crazy. Between all the nastiness directed at certain skaters here, it's good at least some people stand up for them and offer a different perspective. It's much appreciated.
    Sanity is returning. Thank you!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N_Halifax View Post
    Agreed. I wrote an article about bullying of figure skaters and shared it here and got bashed by many here too for writing about bullying. You can't win. Nice to see a little positivity in a sea of shade!
    Yes yes it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Isn't that a bit much?
    That's just Aliona. ;-)

Obviously, I have thought about it. But I don't think it is impossible. She does not have to train much to skate in shows with Robin. They are so well gelled as a team. But I don't know if it could be a problem in terms of getting used to timing with a new partner. However, there is no new partner yet, we'll see what happens after Worlds.

vCash
    My recent talk with Davidovich:

Anya Davidovich: "Now I begin a new chapter"
    http://absoluteskating.com/interview...avidovich.html

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post

Pardon me, but if this is the way it went down, her ex-partner is a jerk.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Now I really want them both to find new partners and compete against each other next Europeans. That would be epic.

vCash
    I really want to hear his side of the story. I don't believe one second that she had no clue why he was unhappy.

vCash

That brain implementation that TAHbKA suggested earlier might not go amiss. What was Krasnopolski thinking to split with her and to do so in such a ridiculous manner?

I hope she finds someone fantastic. She's clearly meant to do pairs, not singles.

vCash
    I think Andrea Davidovich is a great partner, very talented and I sure hope she finds a new partner asap and will beat Krasnopolski in each event they meet.

vCash

Thanks for doing that interview. Very classy and professional on Krasnapolski's part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    I really want to hear his side of the story. I don't believe one second that she had no clue why he was unhappy.
    She does know:

Before the free program there was a lot of tension building between the coaches and my partner, which definitely negatively affected my performance that night.
    but she choose not to share that and I dont blame her. Krasnopolski ended the partnership and no official talks with him and federation took place regarding this matter.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    She does know:

but she choose not to share that and I dont blame her. Krasnopolski ended the partnership and no official talks with him and federation took place regarding this matter.
    Great interview, and I wish her the best - she has a bright future in pairs, I am sure.

This is the only part that makes no sense, especially about Worlds: The "Federation?" She and her coach train in the same rink as basically the whole rest of the Israeli team, and coach Galit...and, well, it is hard to believe they do not see each other almost daily.

More likely, it was a conscious decision not to air that laundry, and that is fine too.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I don't think the part about "the Federation" is confusing: she said that no one from the Fed has told her that she'd be skating in Saitama. I would guess that the Israel Fed submitted the names for Worlds earlier than the deadline, assuming they'd still be together after Sochi.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Btw, they are not in the list as of yesterday (when I checked on Friday they still were there):
    http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028069.htm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Now I really want them both to find new partners and compete against each other next Europeans. That would be epic.
    I wish her tons of luck, but if she finds someone to skate with for Israel this will be "the fully imported pair", which you (and me) actually don't approve...

kirkbiggestfan, I would love to hear his side of the story, you're welcome to contact him and ask.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast