Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin26 View Post
    I am not Related to or in any way attached to the Montalbano family. Just have known them for years. Get off twitter? Who are you ????? This is sick. Really sick.
    I don't think anyone is threatening you. It's just that if you care about a public person (or are a public person), then social media is often a cruel place to be.

People here always recommend that friends and family of skaters stay away from fan forums like this one unless said friends and family are thick-skinned and able to maintain some distance from things that are said. And as Ashley Wagner and many other skaters can tell you, people can be much nastier on Twitter than here.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I don't think anyone is threatening you. It's just that if you care about a public person (or are a public person), then social media is often a cruel place to be.

People here always recommend that friends and family of skaters stay away from fan forums like this one unless said friends and family are thick-skinned and able to maintain some distance from things that are said. And as Ashley Wagner and many other skaters can tell you, people can be much nastier on Twitter.
    Thank you ! Its very hard . I am not family but have watched this family and they dont deserve this. Thank you. I think ill stick to Golden skate.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Robin26, sorry you feel this way. FSU is definitely a place where figure skating fans express their opinions. Some of the opinions may not be up your alley, but this is part of what FSU is all about. You're free to express your opinions, also, whether it's positive or negative. Yes, it can get nasty, sometimes, but it's usually just disagreements among skating fans and there is always the ignore feature if you don't wish to read such things. No one here at FSU thinks alike, and not everyone will be looking through rose-colored glasses and thinking things are always hunky-dory. That's just the way it is.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin26 View Post
    I am reading all of this and the comments that I dont "know" anything !!! None of you know anything about these skaters personally but choose to sit back and hurt people you dont even know. These people are some of the hardest working Nice people I have ever met, and If you knew them ,not just what you want to Believe you might actually like them. Have you ever spoken to Danielle? Or her family? You would be shocked. Not only are they extremely caring nice people but her mom has been battling cancer for years. They help everyone !! They rescue animals ! I am sick by your comments. If this is the world of figure skating , I am going to use my platform as a journalist to expose it. You all choose to champion the evil and hurt the nice people. Enjoy !!! It will get you very far.
    Nobody in this thread said that Montalbano is a 'bad person.' This is a skating forum where people discuss skating.

I don't want to speak for TAHbKA but it's her opinion that the Israeli Skating Federation should focus on developing skating in Israel instead of getting imported skaters. You might find it unfair and you might disagree with it but she's entitled to her opinion just like you are entitled to yours.

vCash
    Why would anybody think others should be interested what kind of people skaters are?

Comments regarding skaters on this thread are about them being skaters, on how their behavior and relationships reflect skating. It has nothing to do about them being nice people or maybe not so nice.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Why would anybody think others should be interested what kind of people skaters are?

Comments regarding skaters on this thread are about them being skaters, on how their behavior and relationships reflect skating. It has nothing to do about them being nice people or maybe not so nice.
    Yes, that's another thing. We're here to (mainly) discuss skating. If you fall on a triple salchow, you fall on a triple salchow, and it's isn't really relevant whether you volunteer at an animal sanctuary or are a psychopath.

Back on topic, Davidovich/Krasnapolski are on the Worlds entry list. They changed their mind or is it going to be their last competition?
    Last edited by Ziggy; 03-05-2014 at 02:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Back on topic, Davidovich/Krasnapolski are on the Worlds entry list. They changed their mind or is it going to be their last competition?
    Maybe the IISF can't accept the split

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Maybe the IISF can't accept the split
    Maybe, because they didn't change their mind.

vCash
    or maybe they are auditioning potential new partners and using Worlds to show off
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Well if they can still bear to be around each other, then given all of the effort they have put over the recent months, it does definitely make sense to finish the season at least.

vCash
    Well if they can still bear to be around each other, then given all of the effort they have put over the recent months, it does definitely make sense to finish the season at least.
    I have no idea who can or cannot bear who, but the situation is as I told above: nothing has changed, they didn't change their mind and don't plan to go to Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    I have no idea who can or cannot bear who, but the situation is as I told above: nothing has changed, they didn't change their mind and don't plan to go to Worlds.
    Oh so I guess the federation just didn't bother to notify the ISU.

vCash
    Oh so I guess the federation just didn't bother to notify the ISU.
    If they notify the ISU as fast as they update the website am surprised Chait/Sakhnovski are not listed to compete...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    If they notify the ISU as fast as they update the website am surprised Chait/Sakhnovski are not listed to compete...

vCash
    If you fall on a triple salchow, you fall on a triple salchow, and it's isn't really relevant whether you volunteer at an animal sanctuary or are a psychopath.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I think that "Go compete for another country because I don't think you're the person who should be representing my country" IS a personal attack on a skater, not simply on the policy of the Israeli Fed.

And we only discuss skating here: really? No one was ever accused of having daddy buy a partner or federation, Tonya Harding has never been a joke, various skaters have never been in the closet, no skater is ever arrogant/politically correct/deluded/hypocritical/an attention whore/coach-boffer or has a face that only a guy at a strip club could love? I must be confusing FSU with someplace else.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I think that "Go compete for another country because I don't think you're the person who should be representing my country" IS a personal attack on a skater, not simply on the policy of the Israeli Fed.
    How is it different from discussions about the considerable number of American skaters, representing countries other than the US, at 4CC?

I have nothing against Montalbano personally. She's probably a nice person and I admire her commitment to skating. But the IISF's focus on importing skaters to represent Israel rather than developing the sport in the country is problematic. A decade ago, you had young skaters whose development was done in Israel; now there's pretty much nobody. So long as you're looking at a partnership between an Israeli (Krasnopolski, Rogov) and a non-Israeli (Montalbano, Davidovich, Reed), I'm fine with that; everyone does it. But I'd rather see the focus and resources devoted to skaters from Israel. I don't fault Montalbano, Davidovich, the Samohin brothers or Bychenko for taking advantage of the opportunity to compete internationally at a high level, but I'd rather see those spots go to local skaters, even if they can barely do doubles.

Basically, I think the model needs to be Spain and Ireland, not the one that's currently in place. Hopefully having rinks in Holon and Eilat will help.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    How is it different from discussions about the considerable number of American skaters, representing countries other than the US, at 4CC?
    Where it's different is when the criticism is aimed toward the Fed. Where it's not different, is when the the criticism is aimed at the skater. A bit like the difference between [Skater X] should hide his/her head in shame because of his/her scores" and "The judges are blind."

Both happen at FSU pretty regularly. I think there's a distinction, and I don't understand why if we're all so proud of FSU and its snark anyone would care to deny it.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Ziggy, to be able to go to worlds, most skaters need to practice and prepare for the competition. So if they really split up, I don't think they can do just one off (last goodbye to audience and to each other) competition. If they split up at Olympics and that's a month till worlds, their skating would be quite bad without practicing together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Ziggy, to be able to go to worlds, most skaters need to practice and prepare for the competition. So if they really split up, I don't think they can do just one off (last goodbye to audience and to each other) competition. If they split up at Olympics and that's a month till worlds, their skating would be quite bad without practicing together.
    So skaters don't just turn up to Worlds after having spent the preceding month eating donuts on their couch?

When I saw their names on the entry list, I assumed that they have decided to split but continue training until Worlds to finish the season.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast