Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post

And I'm that you used Volosozhar and Trankov as an example here (it's Tatiana, not Tonya, BTW). You do recall that Trankov dumped his previous partner and essentially ended her career in order to pair up with Volosozhar, don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    If only half of the crap between Trankov's former partner and their coach is true, the Trankov had every reason to end that partnership, regardless off what happened with Volosozhar. They had different technique when they got together, and there was no guarantee they'd be OGM-worthy by Sochi, especially with the way S/S were skating in the middle of the cycle and the excellence of their programs. I wouldn't have faulted Trankov -- who I don't think is a saint, BTW -- for dumping Murkhortova to skate with Montalbano.

To be fair, he would probably dump Mukhortova even if Tatiana wasn't suddenly without a partner. there is only so much one can take and if your partner is bumping your coach, the skating conditions probably wasn't very good. E.g. the time when he was not allowed to take time off and #Maria went with their coach on a holiday! I would probably dump my partner immediately after this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Exactly. So he's split with Davidovich now? Wow. They looked great in Euros and fine at Oly, even if it was not as impressive. Davidovich is such a sparkling, sunny skater. What a shame.
    I really liked this pair this year at the Europeans!

vCash
    I second the brain surgery idea. He is absolutely nuts to dump Davidovich, who is so talented and a sparkler.

vCash
    Sorry, does anyone know for sure if he was actually the one to end the partnership? For all we know, he could be hard to get along with or something and she chose to end it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Sorry, does anyone know for sure if he was actually the one to end the partnership? For all we know, he could be hard to get along with or something and she chose to end it.
    Yes, it was his decision.

vCash
    Maybe he heard that Savchenko will be available so he decided to place himself into good position to be noticed (advertising "I am free too!!!")

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    To be fair, he would probably dump Mukhortova even if Tatiana wasn't suddenly without a partner. there is only so much one can take and if your partner is bumping your coach, the skating conditions probably wasn't very good. E.g. the time when he was not allowed to take time off and #Maria went with their coach on a holiday! I would probably dump my partner immediately after this.
    The rumours said Trankov was not particularly nice to Mukhortova before the coaching switch... Have an impression everyone there got what they deserved

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin26 View Post
    I agree Ziggy. I am sure Montalbano wanted to go to olympics too and was on her way .Zemgirl and Tabhka have it out for Montalbano always have. I am quite consistent ask the magazine I write for. I feel Krasnopolski has serious issues and feel for any partner. A partnership involves a little consideration on both parts. That is why there are so few pairs. Look at Max and Tonya . Beautiful skaters, and relationship with mutual respect not one sided ambition.
    Montalbano had a very serious injury and it wasn't certain whether she would have recovered in time for Nebelhorn. Why should have Kransopolski potentially sacrificed his own Olympic dreams for her?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Montalbano had a very serious injury and it wasn't certain whether she would have recovered in time for Nebelhorn. Why should have Kransopolski potentially sacrificed his own Olympic dreams for her?
    Sometimes there is more then what meets the eye and the opinions of fans who only see the teams at competition. The day to day training, family support etc all come into play and its not just olympic dreams involved. Cold cold sport. No loyalty. I doubt Savchenko would look twice. But,who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Really hope Davidovich continues and gets PapaBoria to find her a new partner. It would be fun seeing them competing against each other next Europeans taking they earned 2 spots for Israel.
    Davidovich now has her profile on IPS, so I guess that's that - though there's hope yet for the dueling Israeli pairs scenario

vCash
    Davidovich now has her profile on IPS, so I guess that's that - though there's hope yet for the dueling Israeli pairs scenario
    Davidovich pairing up with Montalbano and beating whoever Krasnapolski will find to skate with?

vCash
    Davidovich pairing up with Montalbano and beating whoever Krasnapolski will find to skate with?
    Like a Blades of Glory sequel

vCash
    I love the new thread title.

vCash
    This is yet another sign that Andrey aka Pushkin and TAHbKA must team up and claim one of those spots at Euros!

They can sleep on my couch in Zagreb when they come to get the TES minimum at the Golden spin & PRLady can deal with the media and help organize the fundraising.

Last edited by kosjenka; 02-27-2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    This is yet another sing that Andrey aka Pushkin and TAHbKA must team up and claim one of those spots at Euros!
    Of course! How could I have missed this excellent idea?

vCash
    You can monitor their practices, film them and put them online for FSUeres experts to analyze and help them get the right GOEs!
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    You can monitor their practices, film them and put them online for FSUeres experts to analyze and help them get the right GOEs!
    I am volunteering to play the role of the audience. I would love to watch that!

vCash
    Yes to all of that. And the last sentence made me think of this movie scene.
    How's aboot this Zemzem ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8s15GFBJfs

vCash
    The rumours said Trankov was not particularly nice to Mukhortova before the coaching switch... Have an impression everyone there got what they deserved
    I suspect in any relationship, its rarely just one person's fault. There are always three sides to a story well in this case probably four, Trankov, Oleg, Maria's, and then the truth.

I take an issue with the idea that he ruined Maria's career. Nobody's required to skate with someone for life. They don't owe anyone their entire career. However, there seems to be a double standard. We like new partnership better- its okay. Your a John Coughlin or an Evan Bates, its wrong wrong wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I suspect in any relationship, its rarely just one person's fault. There are always three sides to a story well in this case probably four, Trankov, Oleg, Maria's, and then the truth.
    What do you mean by 'then the truth?'

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast