Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    Well, the fact about the coach is not news, Anna hinted about pretty clearly in her interview.
    Funny that according to the journalist they announced about it only last Wednesday.
    I don't think Oren Aharoni knows about IPS

My guess is that the coach is just an excuse and there's something else going on; they were making progress and getting good results with the coach they had, and Krasnopolski can't be that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    I've learned my lesson. No more luuuveee for any new pair. Not until their 2nd Europeans.
    Krasnopolski has been in the US too long, the local approach to pairs longevity seems to have rubbed off on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    and Krasnopolski can't be that stupid.
    Are you sure? He didn't strike me as a smart person.

vCash
    Are you sure? He didn't strike me as a smart person.
    Even by that standard I mean that is seriously dumb. At least line up another partner first!

vCash
    With all the ongoing splits, I was browsing IPS and noticed that Krasnopolski was no longer listed. Will we soon be able to insert a new name in the thread title?

vCash
    Maybe he realised he is a prick who isnt able to work with anybody and decided to quit.

I am so angry with him as it is.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Was Popova ever listed? Think there were rumours of them teaming up even before Savchenko/Massot were mentioned. Though beats me why would Krasnopolski prefer Popova over Davidovich

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Maybe he realised he is a prick who isnt able to work with anybody and decided to quit.

I am so angry with him as it is.
    So much manicheism. What is the problem with Krasnopolski? He stay FOUR years with Montalbano. For somebody unable to skate with anybody, that's long, no?
    With Davidovich, maybe it was just a problem of disagreement from both.
    But I forget, of course you live with them and you know all about them much better than... them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nirti View Post
    So much manicheism. What is the problem with Krasnopolski? He stay FOUR years with Montalbano. For somebody unable to skate with anybody, that's long, no?
    But I forget, of course you live with them and you know all about them much better than... them.
    They are not posting here. I haven't heard a single person who knows Krasnopolski in person saying a single nice thing about him (no, I never spoke to his parents or sister)

vCash
    Maybe they have better things to do ^^

But if he's the awful guy that some describes, why Montalbano could have support him during 4 years?
    And let's remember that their split followed an injury.

I don't know Krasnopolski personnally, but internet is a so easy way to make a bashing, to read one or two sentences about a person and answer "oh yes, what a prick!" without knowing anything from the situation.

vCash
    But if he's the awful guy that some describes, why Montalbano could have support him during 4 years?
    And let's remember that their split followed an injury.
    Because he's a pretty good skater?
    I don't know Krasnopolski personnally, but internet is a so easy way to make a bashing, to read one or two sentences about a person and answer "oh yes, what a prick!" without knowing anything from the situation.
    Don't know much about the internet, but people who skated on the same rink with him and some of his previous coaches didn't have anything nice to say about him

vCash
    I dont care what kind of person he is. I am angry with him because he is no longer skating with Davidovich and they were my favorite new pair, a breath of fresh air. If it was the problem who the coach is - he should have swallow his pride. That guy made a miracle in 9 months and created an Olympic pair and a top 10 at Euros in first year. Suck it up!

vCash
    And? I'm sad about this promising pair too, but I don't will insult anybody.
    Sometimes I wonder if some people here are talking about human or about people just here for their entertainment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Was Popova ever listed? Think there were rumours of them teaming up even before Savchenko/Massot were mentioned. Though beats me why would Krasnopolski prefer Popova over Davidovich
    A mystery.

How cute, you're like the opposite of the Montalbano cheer team that sometimes drops by.

The problem with Kransopolski is that he dumped two partners within a year, one of whom was recovering from injury and the other - who clearly had potential - in the middle of the Olympics. That does not reflect particularly well on him. But hey, maybe he'll stick with a single partner for the rest of his career, and improve on his results with Davidovich. Considering all the pairs splits, it's not like there will be much competition.

vCash
    Zemgirl is much better communicator than me.

vCash
    How cute, you're like the opposite of the Montalbano cheer team that sometimes drops by.

The problem with Kransopolski is that he dumped two partners within a year, one of whom was recovering from injury and the other - who clearly had potential - in the middle of the Olympics. That does not reflect particularly well on him. But hey, maybe he'll stick with a single partner for the rest of his career, and improve on his results with Davidovich. Considering all the pairs splits, it's not like there will be much competition.
    Ha ha, oh I'm not a Krasnopolski cheer team for all that ^^
    But some skaters have changed partner 5, 6, maybe 7 times in a career... which could show some instability.
    He stays 4 years with Montalbano, they don't have so much improved (11th at Europeans after 3 years together... We've seen better), so this split was not surprising.

Of course, the split with Davidovich was a pity, but if they've split so fast, maybe they simply cannot support each other. And I can not believe that all the fault come from Krasnopolski, because he stayed 4 years with Montalbano. Maybe he has a bad character (as many skaters - they are competitors!), but if it didn't match with Davidovich, why should he stays with?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Oleg Shliakhov skated three seasons with Elena Berezhnaia. That didn't prove that he had good character.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Kransopolski said that he had a problem with the coach, not with Davidovich. Well he did have a problem with her - she wouldnt leave a coach that made them into a pair in 9 months! How insensible is that?

They were physically a great match and they were successful and solid in everything in their first season making it to the Olympics. The coach is not the problem from the facts available. He knows how hard it is to find a good partner. He had one and he gave it away.

vCash
    With all the ongoing splits, I was browsing IPS and noticed that Krasnopolski was no longer listed. Will we soon be able to insert a new name in the thread title?

vCash
    Based on this http://www.gofundme.com/9zsx5k, montalbano has a new partner and they're training out of ellenton. Any news on who it is?

vCash
    ^^^ I don't know who it is, but Daniel Raad is listed on IPS - he is based in Ellenton, Florida.

Re-posting from the U.S. Pairs thread earlier today:
    From Anya Davidovich will skate with Matej Silecky, for US.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast