Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    Danielle Montalbano: "I would have been here either way, if it were pairs or singles"
    http://absoluteskating.com/interview...ontalbano.html
    I agree. Awesome interview and charming lady! Thank you for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Is it easy to get Israeli citizenship, or is he originally from some other nation (Russia)? Could he skate with Savchenko, even though he's pretty below her level?
    It is very difficult to get israeli citizenship. He is Israeli. Im beginning to wonder if he has a problem staying with a partner???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinna View Post
    That's shocking and sad! They were so good at the Europeans
    Sorry to see this happen!

vCash
    I hope that's not the end of the dream to have Israel in the team event at 2018

I watched pairs with my Sister, When K\D were in the K&C she immediately said "They're gonna split",
    Their body language was very telling, No contact, Big gap between.

vCash
    Is it easy to get Israeli citizenship, or is he originally from some other nation (Russia)? Could he skate with Savchenko, even though he's pretty below her level?
    'pretty'

vCash
    I can't believe they split, and the Olympics isn't even over yet. Let the poor girl enjoy the rest of the event!

vCash
    That is very disappointing news. They were very impressive at Europeans, considering they were only a new partnership. I wonder who would he pair up? Anastasia Martiusheva? Obviously she would need to improve her jumping consistency.

I always thought once you had jewish heritage that it was 'relatively' easy to get Israeli citzenship. Look at Shelepen

vCash
    It's easy to get Israeli citizenship if you're Jewish. She could convert.

And he is originally from Ukraine, just as she is.

I see a couple of possibilities here.
    Last edited by Vagabond; 02-22-2014 at 04:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    I always thought once you had jewish heritage that it was 'relatively' easy to get Israeli citzenship. Look at Shelepen
    If you have Jewish heritage you can prove (at least one of your grandparents IIRC?), then yes.

Davidovich was a pretty consistent jumper I thought and she mastered pair elements quite quickly. And she was very young still with a lot of potential. It won't be easy for him to find another partner this good.

Maybe they just didn't get along on a personal level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    If you have Jewish heritage you can prove (at least one of your grandparents IIRC?), then yes.

Davidovich was a pretty consistent jumper I thought and she mastered pair elements quite quickly. And she was very young still with a lot of potential. It won't be easy for him to find another partner this good.

Maybe they just didn't get along on a personal level.
    Its interesting how things are perceived from both outside and up close. I have been following the pair from initial Montalbano / krasnopolski pairing . They struggled at first as they were both new pair skaters. Over the years , not sure ziggy if you were at Europeans
    Berne,when Danielle dislocated her shoulder during official practice, but I was in dressing room listening to the poor girl apologizing to her partner while being taken off ona stretcher in ambulette. Research tells me when she broke her ankle they were just off a bronze medal and ranked 22 in world. Montalbano fought to go to the Olympics, he didnt wait for her to heal. His right, but i dont think he will think twice about moving on. I see Danielle is still on ice partner search.
    I hope she succeeds. Some how nice guys always seem to finish last.
    Btw Ziggy , thanks for all your commentaries. I enjoy your words.

vCash
    Really hope Davidovich continues and gets PapaBoria to find her a new partner. It would be fun seeing them competing against each other next Europeans taking they earned 2 spots for Israel.

In his interview to the Israeli press Krasnopolski stated his goal were the Olympics. He also said one of the reasons dumping Montalbano was deciding she will prevent him from reaching his goals and Davidovich seemed a safer bet. He reached his goal, participated the Olympics, made it to the LP. I hope his next goal is a brain implantation surgery, going back to Davidovich if she'll have him and continuing skating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Really hope Davidovich continues and gets PapaBoria to find her a new partner. It would be fun seeing them competing against each other next Europeans taking they earned 2 spots for Israel.

In his interview to the Israeli press Krasnopolski stated his goal were the Olympics. He also said one of the reasons dumping Montalbano was deciding she will prevent him from reaching his goals and Davidovich seemed a safer bet. He reached his goal, participated the Olympics, made it to the LP. I hope his next goal is a brain implantation surgery, going back to Davidovich if she'll have him and continuing skating
    Ha!!!!! Is all I can say!! And he didnt Dump Montalbano although you seem to know so much. Broken ankle does not equate with DUMP. It equates to same callousness that seems to have broken up this partnership. But you know best!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin26 View Post
    Ha!!!!! Is all I can say!! And he didnt Dump Montalbano although you seem to know so much. Broken ankle does not equate with DUMP. It equates to same callousness that seems to have broken up this partnership. But you know best!!!!
    How does dropping a partner who wants to continue together not equal to dump? Isn't that part of your whole point, evil Evgeni dumped poor injured Dani and deprived of her of an Olympic spot? You need to be more consistent.

Yes to all of that. And the last sentence made me think of this movie scene.

vCash
    You know, it would kind of maybe make sense if he had a much stronger partner lined up. But he is on IPS so he doesn't.

I feel sorry for Montalbano but I can understand Krasnopolski dumping her because she was seriously injured and he wanted to go to the Olympics. Tough for her but it's life. But this break-up, I cannot understand at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    You know, it would kind of maybe make sense if he had a much stronger partner lined up. But he is on IPS so he doesn't.

I feel sorry for Montalbano but I can understand Krasnopolski dumping her because she was seriously injured and he wanted to go to the Olympics. Tough for her but it's life. But this break-up, I cannot understand at all.
    I agree Ziggy. I am sure Montalbano wanted to go to olympics too and was on her way .Zemgirl and Tabhka have it out for Montalbano always have. I am quite consistent ask the magazine I write for. I feel Krasnopolski has serious issues and feel for any partner. A partnership involves a little consideration on both parts. That is why there are so few pairs. Look at Max and Tonya . Beautiful skaters, and relationship with mutual respect not one sided ambition.

vCash
    Shouldn't the thread title be changed to "Insert skater name here/Evgeni Krasnopolsky split" ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin26 View Post
    I agree Ziggy. I am sure Montalbano wanted to go to olympics too and was on her way .Zemgirl and Tabhka have it out for Montalbano always have. I am quite consistent ask the magazine I write for. I feel Krasnopolski has serious issues and feel for any partner. A partnership involves a little consideration on both parts. That is why there are so few pairs. Look at Max and Tonya . Beautiful skaters, and relationship with mutual respect not one sided ambition.
    I have no opinion about Montalbano, only about your overzealous advocacy on her behalf.

And I'm that you used Volosozhar and Trankov as an example here (it's Tatiana, not Tonya, BTW). You do recall that Trankov dumped his previous partner and essentially ended her career in order to pair up with Volosozhar, don't you?

There's nothing wrong with being ambitious. It got Trankov an OGM and Krasnopolski a trip to the Olympics, and I doubt either of them would have gotten as far with their original partners.

vCash
    sorry, i should have started a new thread so that montalbano wasn't brought into the discussion

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If only half of the crap between Trankov's former partner and their coach is true, the Trankov had every reason to end that partnership, regardless off what happened with Volosozhar. They had different technique when they got together, and there was no guarantee they'd be OGM-worthy by Sochi, especially with the way S/S were skating in the middle of the cycle and the excellence of their programs. I wouldn't have faulted Trankov -- who I don't think is a saint, BTW -- for dumping Murkhortova to skate with Montalbano.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave of the North View Post
    Shouldn't the thread title be changed to "Insert skater name here/Evgeni Krasnopolsky split" ?
    Exactly. So he's split with Davidovich now? Wow. They looked great in Euros and fine at Oly, even if it was not as impressive. Davidovich is such a sparkling, sunny skater. What a shame.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast