Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Evgeni Krasnopolsky splits with (insert name)

she's on ice partner search. http://www.icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4216

anyone have any more news? how are the injuries healing? does evgeni want to continue on?

vCash
    It is almost expected....

According to facebook Dani has another surgery in January. Hope he gets well soon!

If I were a federation I would buy Krasnapolski a partner in East Europe - the Israeli passport is easy enough to obtain; Krasnapolski was (almost) always the stronger partner and, if I understand correctly, he is not the one with the money. Between going back to the god forgotten town in the north of Israel and skating with whoever with a slight chance to make it to the Olympics... Guess the question is whether MamaChait wants to go to the Olympics- Galit will go anyway with the Reeds, Boris will go anyway with the speed skater (I understand Bykanov is a good enough speed skater). How will they get mamaIra I wonder? The head of the team?

vCash
    Montalbano's injury was a broken fibula and her original surgery was in November (7 screws and a plate inserted, according to their Facebook fan page). Best wishes to Danielle on a full recovery!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-31-2012 at 02:11 AM. Reason: To add info source
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Montalbano's injury was a broken fibula and her original surgery was in late November (7 screws and a plate inserted). Best wishes to Danielle on a full recovery!
    Isn't that the same injury Weaver is dealing with right now? Obviously, different degrees since fractures come in all different types and sizes, but still interesting.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Krasnapolski will need to find someone who hasn't skated this season for another country, which knocks out anyone who's skated in an international.

Montalbano listed on her Ice Partner Search profile that she's aiming for the 2014 and 2018 Olympics, and that she won't relocate. I don't know whether it means that rink (Hackensack) or NY Metro. Makarova's parents are a few hours away, for example. For 2014, that would mean recovery from her surgery next month and finding a partner who hasn't competed for another county. For 2018 she'd have a lot more options.

Does her money come from family or the Federation?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Montalbano listed on her Ice Partner Search profile that she's aiming for the 2014 and 2018 Olympics, and that she won't relocate. I don't know whether it means that rink (Hackensack) or NY Metro. Makarova's parents are a few hours away, for example.
    M/K were coached by Oleg Makarov and Larisa Selezneva earlier in their career but switched to Kyoko Ina and Vakhtang Murvanidze in the past season or so.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Isn't that the same injury Weaver is dealing with right now? Obviously, different degrees since fractures come in all different types and sizes, but still interesting.
    No, Kaitlyn broke a different bone in a different area.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Krasnapolski will need to find someone who hasn't skated this season for another country, which knocks out anyone who's skated in an international.
    Which leaves most of the Russian skaters still (Wishful thinking: Ilushechkina)

Does her money come from family or the Federation?
    My bet is family.

Damn, just when they became decent....

vCash
    and now Krasnapolski

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Which leaves most of the Russian skaters still (Wishful thinking: Ilushechkina)

My bet is family.

Damn, just when they became decent....
    Danielle is sponsored by 2 Israeli companies (Leo Schachter Diamonds and Malca Amit)...She also coaches at Hackensack and tutors the rest of the Israeli team as well as is their homeschool teacher. She's paid for that work.- That's where the money came from.

Proud Supporter of Israeli Figure Skating!

vCash
    He is skating with Anya Davidovich, they competed their short at Liberty last night. Davidovich competed as a single skater in various club competitions in the U.S. for the Israeli Federation. I don't know if she ever competed at an international event but if she did, it's likely she represented Israel. The coach is Gennadi Krasnitski, I believe.

vCash
    What was their score in the SP?

vCash
    I don't know scores, however, Unseenskaters website may post scores at some point. Also, I am told Liberty is going to perhaps post results on a website this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    He is skating with Anya Davidovich, they competed their short at Liberty last night. Davidovich competed as a single skater in various club competitions in the U.S. for the Israeli Federation. I don't know if she ever competed at an international event but if she did, it's likely she represented Israel. The coach is Gennadi Krasnitski, I believe.
    From what I understand, she hasn't competed internationally. Gennadi is their coach and Danielle is now coached by Igor Krokavec, (I BELIEVE Craig Maurizi as well), Elena Glebova's coaches.

vCash
    Who banned you all on google? Davidovich (Andrea, not Anya) competed in NRW trophy in 2012 and Nestle cup in 2013.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    We'd have to know the name under which she competed before it would be possible to look her up.

She skated in Junior Ladies for ISR in both competitions, and that is what Krasnapolski needed.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Krasnapolski's partner's first name is given as Anya, not Andrea. Don't know, however, if possibly "Anya" is a derivative the young lady is now using of "Andrea." Hence, the difference. Anya Davidovich competed throughout the New York area as a single skater. Andrea, as Tahbka rightly notes, competed internationally. This is possibly a case not so much of me neglecting google, but of searching it too much

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If an obscure junior figure skater is registering for competition under two different and dissimiar names, how would anyone who doesn't know/recognize her make the connection?

vCash
    Danielle Montalbano: "I would have been here either way, if it were pairs or singles"
    http://absoluteskating.com/interview...ontalbano.html

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    That's a wonderful interview, reut!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast