View Poll Results: Your favorite Steven Spielberg directed/produced movies (pick up to 5)

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Catch me if you can

15 27.78%
  • Close encounters of the 3rd kind

6 11.11%
  • ET

25 46.30%
  • Jaws

13 24.07%
  • Jurassic Park

18 33.33%
  • Lincoln

11 20.37%
  • Munich

10 18.52%
  • Raiders of the lost Ark

25 46.30%
  • Saving Private Ryan

20 37.04%
  • Schindlers List

35 64.81%
  • War Horse

6 11.11%
  • Other

9 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    The Colour Purple is my favourite and I also enjoyed Empire of the Sun.

Schindler's List was ambitious, well-executed and really tough to watch (as intended), and I loved the ending. But for me the film was marred by one over-the-top moment, when Schindler ranted about how 'if only he had saved on more'.

I'll add that I very much enjoyed War Horse, as well.

vCash
    Well, there are a lot of good ones to choose from...

1) Raiders....it's Raiders, nuff sed

2) Jaws... Released in the summer of 1975, right before I went to UCSB. Took me a while to not feel scared going into the ocean!

3) Saving Private Ryan...the gold standard of WWII movies....which begat the gold standard of TV mini-series, Band of Brothers

4) Jurassic Park...gets my vote for the terrific CGI dinosaurs

5) Lincoln...just for DDL's performance

I also liked "Catch me" a lot, and "Schindler's List" is powerful and personal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Schindler's List
    This film leaves an impact on its viewers long after they have watched it.
    Spielberg put a lot of research in it. His choice of using Israeli actors to play most of the Jews created the needed authenticity.
    He also was very sensitive of how this film was accepted by the Israeli audience. When he was told that the song (Jerusalem of Gold) during the liberation (when the Red Army enters the concentration camp) does not belong to Holocaust but to The Six Days War, he changed it. So in Israel the viewers heard Eli Eli (My G-D, My G-D).
    The film has also helped some Holocaust survivors to talk more about what they went through.
    And it is always a pleasure to listen to Itzhak Perlman playing the violin in William's amazing music score.

Eden, that's a very interesting fact about "Eli, Eli" being used in Israel instead of "Jerusalem of Gold." I never knew that!

I've enjoyed most of Spielberg's films. Believe it or not, I never saw Jaws. I read the book, but was too scared to see the movie. Did see Jurassic Park (liked it a lot, even though I confess I closed my eyes during the Dino violence, and of course I had to buy John Williams' great soundtrack to it).

My picks - E.T., Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Lincoln, War Horse

vCash
    A.I and Minority Report for me.

I have a big problem with the plot of the latter, but it is still one of my favourite movies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12