Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post

Is Robert Plant the portrait in the closet for Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones?
    Forgive me for being dense, but I don't understand this question.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    In Oscar Wilde's "The Picture of Dorian Gray," the anti-hero has a portrait that ages while he remains beautiful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Picture_of_Dorian_Gray
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I did not get the "Dorian Gray" reference, thanks for clarifying. Sorry for the thread hijack with the Zeppelin talk, but it's amazing that Jimmy is alive, never mind look great for almost 69 years old. Robert has had a lot of sorrow in his life.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Jimmy Page looks like he's eaten nothing but a macrobiotic diet and has done yoga and has meditated every day of his life for the last 50 years. He must have indestructable genes.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    This has been removed.
    Would anyone who got it be willing to share the program with me?
    I was out of town and missed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Jimmy Page looks like he's eaten nothing but a macrobiotic diet and has done yoga and has meditated every day of his life for the last 50 years. He must have indestructable genes.
    When I see him now I think of the words glowing and incandescent. He appears to be a joyous person who loves life. I really like this guy.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Here are some legal videos from the show: http://www.cbs.com/shows/kennedy_center_honors/video/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Sadly, the dance segment is not on the CBS website, but can be found as a stand-alone here, the link tweeted by one of the performers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=bzqX-iNinMI

The ballet segment may have been blocked by the Robbins Foundation ("Other Dances"), although, from what I understand, there was more dancing in the actual show, and I don't know what would have stopped them from editing out that (first) segment and starting with "Giselle." It wouldn't have been more difficult than the initial edit. (If they had known in advance, Tiler Peck could have changed out of her "Other Dances" costume for the finale.)

Max Waldman's photo of Makarova in "Other Dances" was one of the iconic ballet posters of the '70's and '80's:
    http://www.contemporaryworks.net/Vin...375Waldman.jpg

vCash
    Jimmy Page is one handsome old man. More surprising since no one expected him to live to see 30! LOL
    John Paul Jones has aged well, but poor Robert Plant looks terrible, which he did not look that bad the last time I saw him which was no more than 2 or 3 years ago. Maybe the poor man is ill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I fell asleep and didn't record it. Will have to use Sylvia's link to watch later. But taf -is her rendition of Stairway to Heaven on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/ann-wilson/id1153926
    Thanks numbers. I had not thought to check iTunes. It's on my iPhone now - it's not the Kennedy Center rendition but it's still beautiful. I bought a couple of other Ann Wilson songs while I was there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12