Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lincoln

Banned Member
    vCash
    I did not enjoy this film. At all. It should have been called "13" or something to gear it to the 13th amendment process. Not about Lincoln at all. I did like the random bit actors. "OOOhhhh, that's the kid from Witness!!! Is that Hal Holbrook? When did Dixie die?" Unfortunately, Sally Field is no Meryl and she was uncomfortably bad. She sounded, as always, like an 1860 M'Lynn. Shelby, drink that goddamn juice!

As a film, I thought it was horrible. As for DDL, his voice was too tenor. It was distracting. However I never before saw a sexual side to Abraham Lincoln. DDL brought the sex to it. When you go home and think about having sex with Abe Lincoln, SOMETHING is up. And thanks to internet buddy sites I can admit this and finish my croissant.
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 01-21-2013 at 08:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Lots of jokes. The most enjoyable thing about the film was identifying the actors in bit parts. As a narrative, it didn't have anywhere near the emotional impact that the music and moody lighting indicated. DDL was great though.
    I'm going to have to agree with this...why do Steven Spielberg's directed films always have rather lacklustre plot development? I think the last movie he did with a not-so-phoned-in storyline was Catch Me if You Can, and that was more than 10 years ago...

Interestingly, Lincoln follows the trend of biographical films taking only a brief snapshot of time to reflect on the person (i.e. "The Queen" focusing on specifically the year 1997).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12