Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Socialist Canada
    Posts
    4,836
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marge_Simpson View Post
    And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
    And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them, and they were sore afraid.
    And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
    For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
    And this shall be a sign unto you, you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
    And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying
    Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

    Merry Christmas, everyone.
    I'm not a religious person, but this passage is beautiful. Have a Merry (and safe) Christmas everyone.

    ETA: Oops, forgot to say the little one's adorable.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,283
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Adorable Lanie and Aragorn darn you --- I started watching all of those Muppet clips again! Merry Christmas everyone!
    I aim to please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Merry Christmas! BRING ON THE DESSERTS!!!!!!!!!!
    CARROT PUDDING!! CARROT PUDDING!! CARROT PUDDING!!

    (the pounding on the table w/a spoon goes along w/that up there BTW)

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,327
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    41317
    Now 1pm on Christmas Day...digesting yummy lunch. Dressed in Christmas present (as is appropriate) with a jumper because wtf Australia.

    Killing time til we go over to Grandma's for Christmas dinner!

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,532
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42165
    Quote Originally Posted by Marge_Simpson View Post
    And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
    And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them, and they were sore afraid.
    And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
    For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
    And this shall be a sign unto you, you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
    And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying
    Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

    Merry Christmas, everyone.
    Thank you, Marge!
    A Blessed Christmas to all, here; especially to little Santa.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Happy Holidays everyone.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,283
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marge_Simpson View Post
    And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
    And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them, and they were sore afraid.
    And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
    For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
    And this shall be a sign unto you, you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
    And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying
    Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

    Merry Christmas, everyone.
    Sigh...I knew I'd missed someone else I'd wanted to do a quote of.

    First...Thank Marge for adding to the thread a reminder of why this is called the Season of Hope. I wish you and yours a Blessed Christmas.

    Second...Tell me I'm not the only one who, on reading that, hears Linus reciting it from A Charlie Brown Christmas?

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    135
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    103
    Merry Christmas!
    When you change the way you look at things, everything you look at changes.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    The Porny Old Ladies' Home
    Posts
    5,131
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    36542
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Sigh...I knew I'd missed someone else I'd wanted to do a quote of.

    First...Thank Marge for adding to the thread a reminder of why this is called the Season of Hope. I wish you and yours a Blessed Christmas.

    Second...Tell me I'm not the only one who, on reading that, hears Linus reciting it from A Charlie Brown Christmas?
    "That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQeKdvXliIU

  9. #29
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,898
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4653
    I've worked at job #2 for the last three days (retail job...shoppers are nuts this year ) and am now battling a rough sinus infection so my nerves are shot and I feel like I got run over by a train but I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

    (I hope I find my Christmas spirit again sometime soon or at least that Santa brings me three boxes of Kleenex and more medicine so I can survive my week, LOL )
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

    "I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,891
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    42231
    Merry Christmas to y'all! May your many wishes come true next year, too!

  11. #31

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    91872
    Merry Christmas to you all
    May you experience happiness and peace

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phila., PA
    Posts
    3,720
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Lanie, you and your little one look great!

    Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates!

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Just want to take a moment to remember Sharon Dudd. SD passed away earlier this year but last Christmas she was busy both packing boxes to send to soldiers in Afghanistan and driving the admins nuts with all the smilies she kept posting. Wherever she is now, for sure she is watching skating, and drinking eggnog. So happy holidays to her and her family and friends and all those other FSUers we have lost over the years. I will raise a glass to them all today.

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Zambia, Victoria Falls!
    Posts
    4,730
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    76025
    Sharon Dudd helped me last year with a gravy recipe. And stuffing.

    Merry Christmas to all.

  15. #35

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Age
    51
    Posts
    7,518
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    59408
    Merry Christmas everyone...may your day be merry and bright!

  16. #36

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    17,621
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    AWWWWW!

    Merry Christmas!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Entitiled
    Posts
    5,615
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Merry Christmas!

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,511
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Merry Christmas Everyone !!!

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,283
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Merry Christmas to y'all! May your many wishes come true next year, too!
    Mine already has. My Dad's here w/us for Christmas and he's having a *really* good day to boot. We've had some close calls this year and then... Considering how he was doing last night after coming home from Dialysis, we were wondering. Add on that he was asking me all weekend he did get something for Mom for Christmas, right? And then last night he asked us when Christmas was, so...

    I more than had my Christmas Wishes come true for today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Just want to take a moment to remember Sharon Dudd. SD passed away earlier this year but last Christmas she was busy both packing boxes to send to soldiers in Afghanistan and driving the admins nuts with all the smilies she kept posting. Wherever she is now, for sure she is watching skating, and drinking eggnog. So happy holidays to her and her family and friends and all those other FSUers we have lost over the years. I will raise a glass to them all today.
    I've been thinking of Sharon ever since Friday and missing her something awful. Buzz...You forgot the chatting w/the greats of the Chicago Cubs too. I just know one of the first things she did up there was gather them all together for a good chat of the Glory Days of Cubs Baseball.

    Yes indeed...Here's is to all of our loved ones and dear friends. Both those w/us and those absent, but always in our hearts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •