Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Lululemon tops are great! Built in bra, hold up well in the wash, look awesome. What else is there? I have a couple of Athleta pants, like those as well.

One thing about lulu--they don't take items back if they are on sale. A friend bought an item on sale, found a hole--they refused to take it back. Keep that in mind and inspect stuff carefully before paying.

I do have a really nice workout T-shirt from Old Navy that cost a quarter of the price--love it! The difference: no support and the look is cute but a lot more basic.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I haven't owned them long enough to speak to durability, but Kyodan items are sold in TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Winners stores. I picked up pants like these, which are very handy for petites. Knot the tie at the back of the leg and no hemming required, awesome. I paid $24.99 at Marshall's when stateside, have seen them for 29.99 at Winners in Canada.

Interesting reading and speculation about Kyodan on this Lulu wear blog post and in the comments.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I used to love Lululemon -- yes, they're a little pricier, but it really is very well made, and lasts a good long time. However I started going off them when they stopped being local and started manufacturing in China instead of Canada (victims of their own success, really -- they just couldn't keep up with demand). I don't think they're sweatshopped, but the attraction of supporting a locally made product is now gone. So they're just not worth the big price tag any more.

I also have big issues with their sizing ... but that's a whole other story.
    One tooth is still made in Canada.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Zella is also at Nordstrom Rack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    One tooth is still made in Canada.
    Hmmm, I wonder how I've never heard of this brand?? I see they even have a store in my city. Do you have any experience with them?

I think I'll check it out this afternoon.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I've been wearing their tops and sports bras for a few years now and love them. The only caveat is that the white fabric dulls after months of washing. A few times a year they've had a 50% off a second item sale.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    My sister-in-law thinks that as soon as she acquires lululemon yoga wear, she will instantly be able to achieve new yoga poses when wearing it. Because of their "research and development". We were supposed to give her a $100 gift card for it for Christmas. We did not as we didn't spend that much on anyone.

Nike has always worked fine for me. But apparently their "research and development" is not advanced enough.

vCash
    Sierra Trading Post often has prAna, Lucy, and other brands marked down to very reasonable prices. Also check out 6pm for discounted fitness wear.

vCash
    Thanks for all the tips on where to get discounted items. I'm a stay at home mom and on a tight budget so these will help a lot!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I've been wearing their tops and sports bras for a few years now and love them. The only caveat is that the white fabric dulls after months of washing. A few times a year they've had a 50% off a second item sale.
    So, I bought a One Tooth hoodie today. It seems nice, almost as well made and as warm as all my Lulus. I have quite a few because I wear them when I'm out of the office touring the warehouses of my company.

I'll see if they hold up as well after a winter of wear and washing. And they're $40 cheaper than Lululemons.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    My sister-in-law thinks that as soon as she acquires lululemon yoga wear, she will instantly be able to achieve new yoga poses when wearing it. Because of their "research and development". We were supposed to give her a $100 gift card for it for Christmas. We did not as we didn't spend that much on anyone.

Nike has always worked fine for me. But apparently their "research and development" is not advanced enough.
    Your SIL is quite a character!

I use random activewear I buy at Ross, and gym capris from Old Navy. I don't sweat much and I don't have boobs to support, so pretty much anything that stretches and doesn't have rough seams works for me. If you sweat A LOT, I can definitely see how good quality activewear can make a difference!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Your SIL is quite a character!
    You can have her. After her five days of hysterics because my husband had a car accident and fake illnesses for Christmas Eve, I'm willing to ship her for free.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    You can have her. After her five days of hysterics because my husband had a car accident and fake illnesses for Christmas Eve, I'm willing to ship her for free.
    Am fine being a mere spectator, thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Am fine being a mere spectator, thank you.
    I have to try.

vCash
    I usually buy nike and under armor gear from outlet type of stores like Marshalls or Nordstrom rack. I like that lululemon has really cute patterns and designs, it's a bit overpriced for me, especially since I can almost always find nike on sale. Someone mentioned Zella upthread, and I love that brand. It's only sold at nordstrom and the rack, since it's a nordstrom brand, but their line has a lot of similar trends to lulu, and is less expensive if you just purchase at the rack.

vCash
    wooo, there's a place not too far from my son's basketball event this weekend that has the Rack, Nike, and Marshalls. Hopefully I find some goodies there because the top I used at the gym today unraveled even more. OYE!

vCash
    looks like one of my favorite workout pants that have actually lasted are Kyodan. Not sure if I purchased it at Marshall's or TJMaxx since it was over a year ago, a year! All my other pants are shot but this one is just finally starting to wear out. Considering I wear these pants (more like capri's really) about 3 out of 5 days a week, I'm VERY happy with how well it's held up. I'm going to try and look for more Kyodan pieces!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    A dancer friend just posted a link to the Mandala Sky collection on her FB Page. The selection is far more limited and, on the whole, cheaper than Lululemon but more expensive than One Tooth, but it is made in Canada.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Under armour has great sales on their website.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I highly recommend Kyodan! Their stuff is excellent quality, super cute and very affordable! It's only sold at Marshalls and TJ Maxx (and Winners in Canada) and you can also find some on Ebay.

Kyodan is rumored to be owned by Lululemon (Lululemon has neither denied or confirmed this) but I always thought their quality, styles and colors were very much alike so I wouldn't doubt if the 2 companies were the same.

Like their FAN page on Facebook to learn more.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kyodan...30428740404205

Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    looks like one of my favorite workout pants that have actually lasted are Kyodan. Not sure if I purchased it at Marshall's or TJMaxx since it was over a year ago, a year! All my other pants are shot but this one is just finally starting to wear out. Considering I wear these pants (more like capri's really) about 3 out of 5 days a week, I'm VERY happy with how well it's held up. I'm going to try and look for more Kyodan pieces!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast