Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Lululemon? Athleta?

Hello everyone! It's been a while. The holidays and the kids' schoolwork has kept me unbelievably busy. Oye! Anyways, I need new workout clothes. Hubby and I have been going to the gym 5 days a week for almost 2 years now and I've noticed that my clothes from Target and Walmart are just not cutting it. I'm eyeing Lululemon and Athleta items but I'm hesitant because they're expensive. Are they worth it? How do they compare to more readily available ones like Under Armour, Nike, and Reebok? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

vCash
    I am a creature of habit and I love lulu gear, it fits me well and the outlet is very close to my house (I never pay full price) the other day they had all shorts on for 10$ a pair. I like the stretch it gives , and I wear mine a lot and it has held up. I never put it in the dryer or wash with towels .
    I wear under armour for outside training because it is nice and toasty my kids wear it for lacrosse as well, they really like it. I have not tried it inside. I really like les layers inside, I tend towards shorts and the knee level tight crops. I do find that find that the name brand items last me longer.....

vCash
    I wear Nike running skirts and they are awesome. I do love my Underarmor as well. And I have a super cute running skirt + capris from Lucy which has held up really well. I have one cute tank top from lululemon and it is nice.

I just buy what's cute.

vCash
    GAP has some really nice athletic wear now (called GapFit). They just started this line a few months ago. Every 6 weeks or so the entire store is 40 percent off!

vCash
    My niece swears by Lulumon. She teaches dance classes several times a week. What she likes most is that the Lulu gear doesn't seem to require extra effort to launder. She just throws them in a regular wash and air dries.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Yes, it's worth the money! The fabrics wash and wear very well, and the clothes are very versatile and functional. I"m not as crazy about Athleta since it's been bought by the Gap (quality has gone down just a bit).

Lululemon is great; also try Lucy and prAna for great workout/yoga clothes.

Sugoi makes fantastic winter running tights; my favourites are the Subzero which keep me toasty warm even when it's -10F!

vCash
    I buy pretty cheap stuff and had good luck -- JCP for shirts ($7) and simple Adidas shorts ($12). No issues with odors, fit is nice and they launder well. I am not looking for the most stylish stuff for working out -- just plain function, and these work for me. I save my "cute" purchases for the stuff I wear after my workouts!

Go Denmark!
    vCash
    I really like Lucy pants and Nike shirts

vCash
    Thank you for all the input! I'll be looking at these other brands mentioned. There's a Lucy outlet not far from me (I've never even heard of them until now) so I'll be checking them out soon. Hubby has a lot of the Under Armour cold gear tops and I like them, so I'll be checking out their hoodies and jackets.

I'm just so fed up with buying those work out tops at Walmart and Target only to have them unravel within 3-4 weeks! The pants do the same thing.

vCash
    I'm fond of Lululemon. I've had a few pairs of pants for 7 years and wear them constantly. I wash them like regular clothes, and despite being told not to put them in the dryer, I do anyways. Mine are still in great condition.

They are expensive, but they last. They are worth the price for what you get, definitely.

vCash
    Everyone raves over lulu, so I got a pair of pants. They're fine, but I don't think they're any more special than my Nikes which were half the price...

vCash
    ^ I agree. Plus for women they have some very odd and unflattering cuts for tops, like shirts and jackets that billow out or pleat in weird places. I like my workout gear to be fitted. I also find the material in the shelf bras of their regular tank tops to uncomfortable Practically everyone I know loves lulu but I think it's overpriced and not that special. I bought a pair of yoga pants on sale for $15 at Forever 21 and they've held up well for over a year now of very frequent use and I like them just as much if not more than the $110 pants I bought from Lulu. YMMV.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlCanSkate View Post
    GAP has some really nice athletic wear now (called GapFit). They just started this line a few months ago. Every 6 weeks or so the entire store is 40 percent off!
    Another endorsement for GapFit for good value. The line has been around for well over a few months, though (at least a year) - I think they only recently started giving it it's own menu on the web site home page - it used to be just an option under Women.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    I almost forgot - my daughter fell in love with a jacket from Nordstrom by Zella. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/zella-zi...=&resultback=0 it's not something I'd ever spend that much money on for a 10 year old and it made her look 18 (another negative ), but it was beautiful. Looked kind of like being a Bond girl.... Anyway, it's another option. Plus she was fascinated by the peplum zip off.

INTJ
    vCash
    I think lululemon is worth every penny, especially their sports bras. They really aren't any more expensive than the high end Nike, Under Armor, etc... and I've had way better luck with lululemon lasting and looking good longer. Having said that I avoid the trendy stuff and I never pay full price.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlCanSkate View Post
    I almost forgot - my daughter fell in love with a jacket from Nordstrom by Zella. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/zella-zi...=&resultback=0 it's not something I'd ever spend that much money on for a 10 year old and it made her look 18 (another negative ), but it was beautiful. Looked kind of like being a Bond girl.... Anyway, it's another option. Plus she was fascinated by the peplum zip off.
    That? is gorgeous.

Go Denmark!
    vCash
    oh and another endorsement for underarmour cold gear - I use that when I ride in the winter, it is great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    That? is gorgeous.
    It felt nice too - she didn't want to take it off. Not as stretchy as most jackets, but she felt like a movie star in it. I have to stop letting her shop with me. I know she gravitates to things that look really good and have a hefty price tag.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I used to love Lululemon -- yes, they're a little pricier, but it really is very well made, and lasts a good long time. However I started going off them when they stopped being local and started manufacturing in China instead of Canada (victims of their own success, really -- they just couldn't keep up with demand). I don't think they're sweatshopped, but the attraction of supporting a locally made product is now gone. So they're just not worth the big price tag any more.

I also have big issues with their sizing ... but that's a whole other story.

vCash
    GapFit and Zella added to my "check it" list. I'm eyeing this Zella skirted capri, it's adorable! The leggings received wonderful ratings too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast