Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Is Jeff Buttle injured, or does he simply choose to do programs without jumps now?
    It was simply his choice for "Both Sides Now", according to an interview he did.
    Last edited by seabm7; 01-07-2013 at 04:19 PM.

vCash
    Aren't Kyoko & JZ supposed to be doing the Japan tour (or just selected dates of it)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    Aren't Kyoko & JZ supposed to be doing the Japan tour (or just selected dates of it)?
    According to the tour website, their appearance was canceled for "reasons of their own." No specific reason was announced.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    If anyone attends the shows in Tokyo, feel free to share your impressions!

Music list for Osaka shows last weekend: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/soi2013/osaka.html#turn
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I just found in my report I wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marroncream View Post
    There were standing ovulations.
    I meant standing ovations.
    Now I can't edit and correct that...

I hope Tokyo shows are as fantastic as Osaka's! I'm also looking forward to the show's broadcast tomorrow!

vCash
    A kind soul compiled tweets from skaters who are in Japan for SOI shows.
    They seem to have lots of fun!!

http://togetter.com/li/437599
    (the latest ones come at the top)

vCash
    Kurt skated "Singin' in the Rain" today and in the middle of the performance it really rained!!!

What a fantastic staging! At first I couldn't believe my eyes. Voices of surprise came from the crowd and then, immediately after, the cheer got louder. It was such a gorgeous performance. So happy that Kurt will continue to join JSOI.
    All group numbers are gorgeous! Thank you skaters and I hope they'll enjoy Japan.

vCash

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-13-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Photo of "Singin' in the Rain" in the rain!
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
    (from the Facebook page of TV Tokyo which broadcasted the JSOI).

I'm afraid there was no TV Camera during the performances in Tokyo. But I'll never forget this precious performance. It's just like a dream!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

vCash
    Thank you all for the links and the reports. Waht a great cast! Johnny's Swanlake!

If anyone could post a link showing Irina's performance, then this would make my day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    Thank you all for the links and the reports. Waht a great cast! Johnny's Swanlake!

If anyone could post a link showing Irina's performance, then this would make my day!
    http://youtu.be/R8plMoj978E

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    THANK YOU so much for the link, rayhaneh!

I always brings me some extra portion of good mood to watch Irina skating!
    Hope one day I'll manage to watch her live again. Her double axel is still really good!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Awesome - thanks Sylvia!

vCash
    Wow! Thanks, Sylvia! Hope this stays up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    Wow! Thanks, Sylvia! Hope this stays up!
    Btw, I've been wondering: I can upload both the show and the pre-show video, but I was thinking of uploading them unlisted - to avoid being taken off by the PTB

Do we have a thread in this forum where we can specifically share such links, so that we can easily find access to such videos that are more likely to stay online long term?

vCash
    Thanks so much for the links, everyone. I didn't watch all the numbers, only Browning, Tak, Slutskaya, Kulik, Hamill and Weir. I was so delighted with all the choreographic interest in Browning's and Takahashi's programs. But I was disappointed in the lack of choreographic interest in Johnny's program particularly, and to a lesser extent with Irina and Ilia. Both Kurt and Dai had so much wonderful footwork and so many wonderful moves in the field that went so beautifully with the music, heightening the effect of the music, allowing the music to heighten the effect of the choreography. It's what I'm always hoping for in skating performances.

And, amazingly, Dorothy H., while doing mostly relatively simple skating is able to fill the screen and, presumably, the arena, with the power of her simple gestures and skating skills.

It was a master class from three masters.

vCash
    Thank you so much for the links! The show looked great. I was hoping that Sawyer's "Alegria" number would have been included just to see the reaction of the enthusiastic fans of Japan. :/

vCash
    The music list is open in Tokyo.
    http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/soi2013/tokyo.html#turn

I saw 3 Stars on Ice shows in Tokyo. Here is my impression.

Figure skating is really big in Japan these years. Countless shows have been held in a year. Naturally we can't see all, but choose to see some of them in an arena live. Once I enjoyed seeing SOI every year, even after Alexei left from the tour. But the show wasn't in my list in a couple of years. This year Alexei came back, so I came back.

I was a big fan of SOI. Honestly I liked to see Alexei skate with SOI much better than with any other shows. I thought SOI would be the most brilliant in the world. But... wondering if it was the crown in the past or my interest languished... In my memory, SOI had more fantastic group numbers, more gorgeous costumes, more exciting music, more beautiful lights and everything as the best entertainment. Unfortunately I missed them this year. It made almost 60 shows in US and 15 in Canada during I followed 2002 - 2007, but only 6 shows in US this season. Why?
    Really hope SOI will get back the sparkle in a future.

By the way, I liked to see performances of each skaters. They were nice presents of the beginning of a year.

Alexei Yagudin:
    In the extraordinary hard schedule, he came and performed in Japan again. We are really very happy with everything of him!
    In all skaters, only Alexei, Philippe, Daisuke and Shizuka performed 3 different programs every day. They knew a lot of fans went to see all 3 shows and we wanted to see performances as many as possible.
    In Russia, Alexei is no longer an Olympic Champion or a skate legend, but also the rising star in theaters, films and on TV. But he is still sweet and friendly for fans now as much as 10 years ago I met him for the first time.
    The unforgettable emotion in Salt Lake City happened 11 years ago. He had a good time and a hard time in life after that. The longer time passed, the more engaging he performed. Lovely but sexy, manly but beautiful, cheerful but sentimental... many sided expressions touched our hearts. His performances has been giving happiness, energy and smiles to anyone in the universe for many years, and hope it will continue forever.
    It was unusual heavy snow in Tokyo the last day. It looked like the same when he made the publishing party of his autobiograph in Tokyo in 2005. He made a storm in the sky and the arena again.
    I'm very lucky to live in the same period with him in 4.5 billions year history of the earth. Love and respect him!

Shizuka Arakawa:
    She keeps the top level for a long time after she left from eligible competitions. Always feel pleasure to see her performances.

Mao Asada:
    I'm sure her smiles make everyone feel happy! She looked more serious on the ice these years, but is great she got back joy and smiles on the ice this season. She tried 3A on Jan. 13th. Wish her success in Sochi.

Daisuke Takahashi:
    Needless to say, he is at the top in the world now. Jumps, spins and steps are in the highest level. As soon as he appears on the ice, he catches all hearts of crowd. He also tried 4T every day. In the past, I was not so interested in his skating honestly, but he shows incredible performances after he overcame hard times. I'm proud we have such a great skater in our country.

Akiko Suzuki:
    Her eyes always have power. Her skating was energetic and elegant. People loved it.

Kanako Murakami
    Great to see her way to become a lady from a girl. Also looked like she got back good shape.

Dorothy Hamill
    If there is no announce, who knew she was over 50 years old? Elegance, beautiful...I think to continue something very long years is as difficult as to get Olympic Gold Medal. Thanks a lot for wonderful skating!

Jeffrey Buttle
    I didn't know he would be good at choreographing. Hopefully he will make his talent big.

Johnny Weir
    He can always make his original world. Enjoyed it!

Ekaterina Gordeeva
    I'd like to know her secret how to keep cute and coquettish. Very charming!

Ilia Kulik
    Glad to see his pair skating with Katya. Very nice synchronized! And his solo skating was amazing!

Shawn Sawyer
    I was sure he got a lot of fans in Japan. Great flexibility and original choreograph! He made a good show man.

Philippe Candeloro
    He is loved in Japan. Crowd cheered loud and he performed cheerful as always.

Irina Slutskaya
    She still keeps her jumps after 2 baby births. Also keeps charming smiles.

Joannie Rochette
    Good rhythmic! Pleasant performances.

Kurt Browning
    He said after finale the last day 'I will not stop skating, although it's easy to find such rumors on the Internet'. Good to hear it.

Many skaters put photos on their twitter and Facebook pages. We are glad they had wonderful times in our country.
    Thanks billions everyone for loving Japan! We always welcome you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast