Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    The thing is, with the exception of Xtina, most singers are flat live. Autotune is their friend.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    While it was w/out a doubt OTT Cee Lo wise, that was fun to watch Nick unleash his inner Rockette. While I didn't care for the song, I loved the performance of it by Nick. He was having a ball up there and brought us along for the ride. I really hope he gets picked up by someone out there, as ITA w/whoever said it up thread, Nick would do really, really well on the Adult Contemporary charts. I also totally agree w/whoever said they'd go to see him live. Me too.

Terry's face when he's been surprised by his Family from Scotland the last couple of weeks has been priceless!!

Not sure what to think about Terry and Cassadee's performances so far. Everyone seems just a wee bit off tonight. Understandably of course.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    maybe terry sounds better live too
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Play that funky music white boy..more head bobbing by wild cherry...
    And a miniCeeLo
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I want a mini CeeLo.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    mini CeeLo should sit in for big Ceelo instead of whoever is doing it this spring.

And Casaddy is not doing Faith Hill justice. ((((Faith))))

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    mini CeeLo should sit in for big Ceelo instead of whoever is doing it this spring.
    Usher, and Shakira is replacing Xtina.

Based on all the performances tonight, I'd pick CeeLo, followed by Blake if I were going to vote. If I had to vote for one of the 3 contestants I guess it would be the guy from Scotland, but none of them would motivate me to pick up the phone and dial.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Turned it off when I saw Cassaaddee in the pimp spot. Just give her the title and let's get on to next season already!

vCash
    The video seems to be gone, but here is Mandisa's version of that "Cry" song from when she was on American Idol, which kind of destroys Cassadee.

http://www.googlx.com/idolforever/me...isa-060228.mp3

Pretty white girl sang real nice on that Over You song though. Her duet was ok, kinda good not amazing. Terry was great on Dude and also I wanna know.....totally wrong voice for Broken Wings though. Nick was Nick, IMO he's done very well to finish 3rd here, I'd rather see Amanda still in this though.

vCash
    Is it possible for Nick to win? If all three contestants reach the top 10 in I-tune sales, then wouldn't that portion of the score be the same for all three? I was thinking they might have a different judge win this year or would they allow Blake to win 2 years in a row?

vCash
    Nick won't win, I'd bet the farm on that. I don't think it works that way with itunes voting- I believe it multiplies the number of sales/votes by 10 as long as you make the top 10 or something. Blake won with a black guy last year so its ok by these talent show trends for him to win with a white girl this year- the show hasn't had a girl winner yet so this will be what it wants I guess.

vCash
    I really don't think race or which coach won before has anything to do with it. And for me Nick won the night - I'm not saying he's going to win but he was the most entertaining. Terry was straining for the high notes in 2 of his songs. Cassadee was Cassadee, kind of meh, kind of boring. She seems like a nice girl but I really doubt stardom is in her future.

vCash
    So you could be an awful singer like Katy Perry and still win as long as you have fans willing to buy your music. This is not about the 'voice' anymore. It's more like who will sell the most. Bunch of bullcrap!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    So you could be an awful singer like Katy Perry and still win as long as you have fans willing to buy your music. This is not about the 'voice' anymore. It's more like who will sell the most. Bunch of bullcrap!
    Not really. I think the point is to get 10/12 great/original voices into the live rounds and then let the public decide from there who their favorite is. The judges have a say in many rounds leading up to the live rounds, so they are not choosing craptastic singers to go farther, basically.

vCash
    This was a disappointing season. I hope that next season they pick better and more interesting singers, not only for the initial blind auditions, but also in the subesequent rounds going forward. I'd also like to see a little more honesty from the judges. Blake used to be my favorite judge, but I am so sick of his over the top B.S. Not that the other judges are all that great. I kept waiting for someone to be more honest about Cassadee's and Terry's weaknesses and they were wusses. I'm not looking for them to be mean, just some honest and kind constructive criticism. Right now, this show is moving towards American Idol, and not in a good way. But the sob stories. Stop talking about what great family guys some of the contestants are. Please don't take Cassadee's win as the kind of contestant we should have. Save the young, generic singers with sob stories for Idol.

vCash
    To my ears, Nick won the night and will graciously congratulate Caassaaddee when she takes the trophy.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    To my ears, Nick won the night and will graciously congratulate Caassaaddee when she takes the trophy.
    He was certainly the most entertaining.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I voted for Nick. Terry was good too. Cassaddee was flat a lot.

I loved the opening. Very moving and understated. What really struck me was how many eliminated contestants they needed to bring back to be able to hold all the names.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    Makes me wanna go into ITunes and buy 1000 copies of each of Nick's songs. But that might just be a little over the top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I normally don't like things like that. I don't like the posts about praying for the families, the political threads that come after a tragedy, the shoulda woulda couldas, and the benefits, but that was beautiful and understated.
    Very Lovely

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast