Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya about not being able to pick my own seat. I have no idea how it generated the "best" seat because not once in all my tries did I get the sections I was hoping. I guess I got spoiled because I seem to recall that last year I could pick my own seat. Loved that interactive map -- more places should do so, IMO.

That being said, I *think* I might be right next to the KnC -- or else at the opposite end. Regardless of my seat, I'm thrilled I am going.
    Section 101 is at the opposite end from the Zamboni entrance and, presumably, of the KnC. It is the section I try to get for Stars on Ice and it's also the section I'll be in for Canadians. Due to a computer "glitch", I missed out on seats in Row D but will be in Row F.
    Can't skate but love to watch

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    yes that was quite annoying to not pick our own seats.. I initially had great seats - right in the middle on row B.. but when I went to pay it wouldn't let me as the system was overloaded.. so had to go back in and by then was up to row C.. but seats 3 and 4 so not too far from the aisle.. which is good.. and in section 113 which is what I wanted..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Skating supporter
    vCash
    I was repeatedly offered seats in Section 113, including some in the front row. Since I know that section is at the far end from the parking lot/entrance and I'm having some knee issues these days, I wasn't keen and decided to keep trying. Eventually I got the end I wanted I actually prefer dealing with a person as they can choose a section on your behalf but this pre-sale was by internet only

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Just a note: from the homepage, "Promos/Presales" appears as a link in the top left. On some other screens, it appears as an input box in the top right.

I kept getting the same seats over and over in sections I didn't want. I finally figured out to leave the tickets in the basket and continue to shop, and after a couple of tries, I got the section I wanted (103, corner on the judges side). The system took me out of the shopping screen after removing tickets, but I clicked "Shopping Cart" from the left menu when I needed to get back in. After Kitchener, where our premium seats on the judges side were blocked by the tech panel platform/computers, I was hoping for a corner, and I think Row D should be safe.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 10-03-2013 at 08:43 PM.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I'm in section 113 Row A. I went through several different tickets before I pulled up the ones I bought. I was hoping for something more towards the middle but I am happy with the tickets I got

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If they had at least let us choose sections, 113 would have been my first choice -- I think you'll be happy with those seats. Corners allow the most complete view, IMO. Plus, being as far away from the judges as possible, you get the skaters' reactions instead of "impress the judges face."
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Skating supporter
    vCash
    I was offered 113, 119 & 120 in addition to 101. One concern I had, especially in the lower rows, was camera or "infrastructure" blockage. That's why I chose the end of the ice. I have never been unhappy with it, including at Worlds in Washington.

vCash
    Got our seats!! Now that I have a daughter living in Ottawa this will be the cheapest competition ever. I am also considering getting tickets for the Novice and Junior events ...
    Last edited by kemc; 10-03-2013 at 10:29 PM.

vCash
    After a day of deciding, I finally tried to purchase my seats only to have the site go down on my during the payment process. ARgh!!

vCash
    I managed to phone in my order as they were have technical difficulties with the website. They still had seats w/in mid 102- higher 103. After chatting with the CSR I decided to switch from my original plan 104/108 or 102/103 to instead pick a seat that's opposite the judges at section 117. I'm uber excited.

vCash
    Got my ticket, 102 row F seat 5, not the best seat in town but not the worst either, My Christmas from my parents.
    Booked/paid for my hotel room on Hotwire (great deal)
    Booked/paid for a rental car using Air Miles a total of 80 dollars for 4 days.
    Only thing left to do is get on the phone with my Aunt who gave me a flight on her Areoplan points for Christmas last year.

I love figure skating and I love a great deal. This trip is both.
    I want to thank you Lord for being with me so far this day. With your help, I have not been inpatient, lost my temper been grumpy or envious of anyone. But I will be getting out of bed in a minute and I think I will really need your help then. Amen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ichiro View Post
    I managed to phone in my order as they were have technical difficulties with the website. They still had seats w/in mid 102- higher 103. After chatting with the CSR I decided to switch from my original plan 104/108 or 102/103 to instead pick a seat that's opposite the judges at section 117. I'm uber excited.
    I ended up taking seats in section 115 row H, last row of the first price range. Across from the judges and on the side closer to the kiss and cry. I could have gotten tickets in row B in the corner however after worlds in London where I paid $1500 for my ticket and it was obstructed and I got moved higher up, tried to pick a safe seat for a clear view.

My 81 year old mom is coming with me and she prefers to be a few rows up rather than too close to the ice.

Living 25 min from the rink means no hotel expenses

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Section 118 row C! And Got Friday off from work, so I can head to Ottawa Thursday evening!!

I'm gonna live in an ice rink for 3 days

Skating supporter
    vCash
    Skate Canada has just confirmed on Facebook:

Kiss and cry is section 111/112 and judges stand 105-107.

vCash
    ^ I saw this on fb too but was confused because the map posted on both the SC website and Cdn Tire site has the judges stand in sections 115-117. Unless I'm reading the map incorrectly.

Skating supporter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laceup View Post
    ^ I saw this on fb too but was confused because the map posted on both the SC website and Cdn Tire site has the judges stand in sections 115-117. Unless I'm reading the map incorrectly.
    I believe that in the diagram there are areas that could be judges on both sides of the ice but the ones at 105-107 are where the players benches are located and that's where the judges are likely to be located. The other "clue" is that there are no $185 tickets on that side of the ice.

vCash
    I'm in section 104 six rows up. I picked that over a seat on the opposite side thirteen rows up. I'm praying it won't be obstructed.

vCash

2014 Canadians will be in Ottawa

Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    I believe that in the diagram there are areas that could be judges on both sides of the ice but the ones at 105-107 are where the players benches are located and that's where the judges are likely to be located. The other "clue" is that there are no $185 tickets on that side of the ice.
    True! I have been to Canadian Nationals and SCIs. The judges benches were alway located in the area where the Hockey player's benches are located ie. section 105-107 in this case. The area opposite (Hockey penalty box area) is where the skating coaches stand, a TV camera, a TV sound technician who operates the control panel for the rink board microphones, and the girls who retrieve items thrown onto the ice for the skaters.
    Last edited by rvi5; 10-05-2013 at 12:03 AM.

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    having watched Joannie Rochette skate in the Japan Open - can just imagine how amazing it would be to have Joannie at Nationals for a 2nd Olympics - her artistry is just incredible.. I could watch her skate all day.. she's still got it and then some!
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    having watched Joannie Rochette skate in the Japan Open - can just imagine how amazing it would be to have Joannie at Nationals for a 2nd Olympics - her artistry is just incredible.. I could watch her skate all day.. she's still got it and then some!
    It would be her 3rd Olympics, which would be an incredible feat in itself alone.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast