View Poll Results: Who will finish 6-10?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Valentina Marchei

39 84.78%
  • Elena Glebova

12 26.09%
  • Elene Gedevanishvili

34 73.91%
  • Joshi Helgesson

24 52.17%
  • Viktoria Helgesson

33 71.74%
  • Juulia Turkkila

4 8.70%
  • Anais Ventard

1 2.17%
  • Mae Berenice Meite

36 78.26%
  • Natalia Popova

7 15.22%
  • Sonia Lafuente

4 8.70%
  • Jenna McCorkell

14 30.43%
  • Nathalie Weinzierl

3 6.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.

vCash

2013 Europeans 6-10 Ladies Poll

If 3 Russians, Kostner, and Korpi finish 1-5, which 5 will take places 6-10?

vCash
    Well, Valentina Marchei, Elene Gedevanishvilli, Victoria Helgesson, Joshi Helgesson, Jenna McCorkell ... who else is there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    If 3 Russians, Kostner, and Korpi finish 1-5, which 5 will take places 6-10?
    Do we know for sure that three Russians will finish in 1-5? I can see Tuktamysheva placing 1-5. If Sotnikova delivers, she will be there too, but she needs to land her jumps. GP events did not work for her that well, but at least it wasn't complete disaster. But who is the third one? Leonova? Ending 6th and 7th in GP event does not make me believe that this season she will end up 1-5 in Europeans. The same about Makarova or Korobeinikova, if they send her.

vCash
    Good point- they won't necessarily make top 5 (they didn't all make it last year), but there's a chance they will, and they were the easiest to lump together with Korpi and Kostner. I find polls like this more interesting than the medal polls most times, but I don't need to a poll to tell me that the Russians will place highly if they hit.

vCash
    I would hope that gedevanishvilli and marchei are aiming for higher than 6th

vCash
    As much as I love Elene I irrationaly dont want her to place top 10 and waste a 2nd never used spot. I much rather want the Helgesson sisters to get three so Olsso is sent next year, Glebova placing top 10 so Liinamae joins her too and Meite keeping the 2nd spot for Silete next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    As much as I love Elene I irrationaly dont want her to place top 10 and waste a 2nd never used spot. I much rather want the Helgesson sisters to get three so Olsso is sent next year, Glebova placing top 10 so Liinamae joins her too and Meite keeping the 2nd spot for Silete next season.
    It doesn't matter, because the spot gets wasted in any case. If Elene is in top ten and they don't have second lady, it is wasted. But, if Helgesson's sisters gets third spot and Olsso may have a chance, she still has to meet the requited score, and considering how high the score is, the spot will be wasted too. Same probably with Glebova placing in top 10 and getting spot for Liinamae. Would Liianamae meet the required score?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Same probably with Glebova placing in top 10 and getting spot for Liinamae. Would Liinamae meet the required score?
    Yes, both have met the minimums for Worlds as well as Euros.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    I would hope that gedevanishvilli and marchei are aiming for higher than 6th
    Gedevanishvili can medal, IMO, but it will be hard for Marchei to make the top 6.

vCash
    Gedevanishvili, the Helgessons, and Marchei.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Well, Valentina Marchei, Elene Gedevanishvilli, Victoria Helgesson, Joshi Helgesson, Jenna McCorkell ... who else is there?
    When I first responded, the poll didn't list any names at all. Now with the list available, I'd definitely include Mae Berenice Meite ahead of Joshi and Victoria Helgesson, and drop down Jenna McCorkell to a lower placement.

vCash
    Meite is in second place on the poll Perhaps all that gold lame will blind the judges to her faults.

vCash
    Sorry, wrong post. I haven't figured out a way to delete my post yet. Sorry. Where is the delete button?
    Last edited by skatinginbc; 12-18-2012 at 10:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    It doesn't matter, because the spot gets wasted in any case. If Elene is in top ten and they don't have second lady, it is wasted. But, if Helgesson's sisters gets third spot and Olsso may have a chance, she still has to meet the requited score, and considering how high the score is, the spot will be wasted too. Same probably with Glebova placing in top 10 and getting spot for Liinamae. Would Liianamae meet the required score?
    For the record Both Isabelle Olsson and Gerli Liinamae have met the World TES and this is euro spots we're talking about, the TES minimums are easier to gain.

vCash
    I think Marchei will be aiming for more than 6-10. Her recent performances have been pretty good, she scored 107+ for her FP last weekend. While her PCS are still pretty low (and admittedly that's ok) I think if she goes pretty clean she has a chance of making the top 5.