Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    ((((backspin))))

I hope you feel better soon. I hope the prayers work for you.

vCash
    backspin, my thoughts & prayers are with you , too!

vCash
    (((baskspin))) How much longer do you have chemo?

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    ((backspin)) It's so hard. I hope you get through it soon! Thanks for the tip about pumpkin Wyliefan.

Yes, my friend is with his parents in France. We wish we could drive over to see him, but most of us don't have he funds to hop on the next trans-Atlantic flight. Another friend says he definitely uses Hulu for TV stuff. The comedy routines are a good idea. I wonder if he appreciates some good ol' Eddie Izzard.

vCash
    (((backspin)))) -- I hope the chemo ends very, very soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    The comedy routines are a good idea. I wonder if he appreciates some good ol' Eddie Izzard.
    Eddie Izzard does a lot of stuff in French and I had a French client who introduced me to some of his French routines. He (the client) found it hilarious! Hopefully your friend should enjoy it

I've missed the whole story, but what is your friend's prognosis? Fingers crossed for him.

(((Backspin))) I hope you have a speedy recovery!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    Eddie Izzard does a lot of stuff in French and I had a French client who introduced me to some of his French routines. He (the client) found it hilarious! Hopefully your friend should enjoy it

I've missed the whole story, but what is your friend's prognosis? Fingers crossed for him.

(((Backspin))) I hope you have a speedy recovery!
    OMG Eddie Izzard does routines in French?!?!?! A mutual friend did say he has trouble with English when he's on the chemo.

He's just on the chemo now. They're taking it one month at a time, basically. If/when the tumors get small enough, they will operate (we are all praying for surgery) but there is no guarantee when, if ever, that will happen. This is obviously not good with the depression either.

The same mutual friend liked my suggestion of buying him a World of Warcraft subscription. She thinks it's good that he can interact with others without having to tell them about his cancer. We'd have to figure out the best way to pay for it, considering only the European version (in Euros) will work on European servers...

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Paypal is international isn't it? Surely someone has an account.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Paypal is international isn't it? Surely someone has an account.
    Mutual friend has an American Express card and she'd definitely rather use that. Free conversions.

So um...how does the server-jumping work? I'm trying to find answers on Battle.net/Blizzard's customer service page and they are NOT helpful. Question is, can we buy something off the UK store and have it work in the French version?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    OMG Eddie Izzard does routines in French?!?!?! A
    Yep! Search on youtube for Eddie Izzard French. This is one of the clips - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1sQkEfAdfY - sorry, I'd link it properly but am on an old work computer that won't let me? Anyway, this was the clip my French client showed me It's mainly in English but there are others totally in French. I think you might need French and English to appreciate it though!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12