Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    I use my wooden cutting boards for veggies, fruit and herbs only, and the lovely smell they get over time is one of life's small pleasures IMO. When my beloved grandmother had to move to an extended care home and we cleaned out her house, I requested only two things: her old every day china, complete with chips and cracks, and her wooden cutting board. When I was little she used to show me how to chop veggies for salad on that board, which was in fact a recycled piece of grooved plank - as a survivor of two wars and farmer's wife who also worked full time outside the home, she wasted nothing. The smell of that cutting board still brings me right back to her farm kitchen

vCash
    That is a lovely story, Jenny.

vCash
    For anyone who asked about proofing yeast, it only takes 5-10 minutes, not 20. Don't be intimidated; yeast is nothing to be scared of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I use my wooden cutting boards for veggies, fruit and herbs only, and the lovely smell they get over time is one of life's small pleasures IMO. When my beloved grandmother had to move to an extended care home and we cleaned out her house, I requested only two things: her old every day china, complete with chips and cracks, and her wooden cutting board. When I was little she used to show me how to chop veggies for salad on that board, which was in fact a recycled piece of grooved plank - as a survivor of two wars and farmer's wife who also worked full time outside the home, she wasted nothing. The smell of that cutting board still brings me right back to her farm kitchen
    That is charming! I have similar memories of my Grandma.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567