Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I don't have parchment paper, either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I don't have parchment paper, either.
    I'd go with the plastic wrap then. I will be easier to handle. If you want more body to the wrap, use plastic wrap and then put foil over that.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    That's a good idea. Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    Banana 6 is perfect. I'd eat 5 and 7 without a problem. I'd eat 4 if I was hungry, but I'd prefer it sit for a little longer.

This.

vCash
    Yesterday I made Danish Rye bread from my own sour dough, and today I made Oat breads. All so I can fill my freezer with home made bread because we are getting Christmas guests. I feel like my mom, she will always have bread when we come and visit

vCash
    My Norwegian heart is envious!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    Perfect No. 5, will eat No.4 - as for No.6 I would eat if I was desperate, but would probably spit it out.
    No. 7 belongs only in Banana Bread.

vCash
    Well, the cookies are done! YAY! Made the spritz, the chocolate shortbread, and the chocolate biscotti with sour cherries and mini chips. They are in containers, all over my counter and kitchen table . Now, the hard part, where do I put them all?

vCash
    In the hands of those fortunate enough to be enjoying the holidays with you!

vCash
    delete (glitch)
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 12-22-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: multiple post

vCash
    delete
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 12-22-2012 at 07:00 PM.

vCash
    Thank you . Though with all of the cookies 7 kinds, dozens each, I am skeptical that my company will eat half of them. I got a little carried away. Thinking about making lemon bars on Monday . Someone stop me!

I still have to clean and make Christmas dinner. Plus, the kids (4) will be here tomorrow night, to trim the tree - dinner. And tonight son will be here with gf - dinner. Planning on getting up early on Monday morning and being at the grocery store by 8:00am. That usually gets me a parking spot, before the crazy starts.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Here's another "baking" question. I'm going to be making Oreo Truffles (thank you Prancer for the recipe that you posted long ago). I tried a test batch and the only issue I ran into was melting the chocolate chips to dip the truffles in. It was a bit too thick and I wanted to thin the chocolate out a bit and wasn't sure the best way to go about doing that.
    Aside from not burning the chocolate by nuking them as described, some chocolates are still too thick for what you want to use them for. So then you can add Paramount Crystal if you have them or Vegetable Oil, if you don't.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Another thing with chocolate, melt over a double boiler. If you don't have one, use a metal bowl inside of a pot with simmering water. MacMadame is right, chocolate gets thicker if it's over heated. And nuking takes the moisture out of it.

vCash
    I dipped my rice krispie/peanut butter balls in melted chocolate yesterday. I used the metal bowl on top of the pot with the hot water to do it. It works well and once the burner is turned off, the hot water keeps the chocolate gooey enough to dip, but not hot enough to melt the peanut butter so it works well. Now if only I can stay away from the finished product....mmmmm

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    That probably explains why the one time I tried to nuke chocolate what resulted was a mass of lumps.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    What I do, I'f I don't need to melt a lot of chocolate is nuke a bowl of water to boiling, then put the chocolate in a smaller bowl, put that bowl inside the one with the hot water and stir until it melts. It's fast for a small amount, for dipping. But, for a larger amount, it isn't hot long enough. For fudge, you boil the sugar, and evaporated milk for 6 minutes, take it off the heat, then you put the butter and chocolate into the boiled mixture. You never really cook the chocolate the hot liquid melts it.

vCash
    I usually melt chocolate in the microwave, but what do is give it very short intervals, stir, nuke again, until just melted. Then I stir in a little bit I unmelted chocolate.
    The trick is that the pieces melt but keep their shape until you stir so if you don you tend to overheat.

Double bole is safer, and I anything you coat/dip, you should really temper properly - but I'm too lazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    That probably explains why the one time I tried to nuke chocolate what resulted was a mass of lumps.
    I always use the microwave, but you can't zap it for longer than 20-30 second intervals, and stir after each time. Chocolate chips don't changed shape, so you have to stir to see if they are melted.
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Another thing with chocolate, melt over a double boiler. If you don't have one, use a metal bowl inside of a pot with simmering water. MacMadame is right, chocolate gets thicker if it's over heated. And nuking takes the moisture out of it.
    I always nuke mine and never had any problems with the moisture.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast