Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    I am a complete mess over this. I cannot imagine how this school's community is reacting. And how will elementary schools across the country deal with this? I can only hope my two elementary schooler kids have not heard about this yet, because I just don't know what to say.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesalchows View Post
    Here's the a-hole facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/rlanza
    Someone posted screenshots of this guy making Facebook statuses right now, so it might not be the right person.
    http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-...FA-208x300.png

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesalchows View Post
    Here's the a-hole facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/rlanza
    That is NOT the correct Ryan Lanza:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/is-th...nzas-facebook/ (scroll down)
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    As per MSNBC, President Obama is expected to make a statement at 3:15pm EST. He has canceled the rest of his events for the day, to focus on this.

vCash
    I wish the news anchors would stop saying how horrible it is right before the holidays. Why do people say that? I've heard that before in other cases. Losing a family member in such a senseless violent way wouldn't be any easier in the middle of the summer. Geez. Maybe they don't mean it that way but it's just bothering me.

Even the children who escaped with their lives... they are still going to have emotional issues. I hope Lanza is burning in hell. How could he do something like this? Even if he was allegedly angry with his parents those children had nothing to do with whatever family drama he felt he was having. I feel so horrible for those parents who aren't going to get to pick up their children and bring them home.

I'm still in shock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Is it true that it was the shooter's mum's class he fired on?
    Someone here at work said the guy killed his father at home, went to the school where his mother works as a kindergarten teacher, shot her and then fired on the classroom full of her students.

vCash
    I apologize for posting that page, fake Ryan Lanza.

I am just so upset by this, I have a 5 year old little boyin pre-k at this moment, I can't even imagine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    Someone here at work said the guy killed his father at home, went to the school where his mother works as a kindergarten teacher, shot her and then fired on the classroom full of her students.
    God. When I first heard of this tragedy, I immediately thought of the mass shooting in Scotland about a decade ago where that man shot that entire Kindergarten class...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    I wish the news anchors would stop saying how horrible it is right before the holidays. Why do people say that? I've heard that before in other cases. Losing a family member in such a senseless violent way wouldn't be any easier in the middle of the summer. Geez. Maybe they don't mean it that way but it's just bothering me.

Even the children who escaped with their lives... they are still going to have emotional issues. I hope Lanza is burning in hell. How could he do something like this? Even if he was allegedly angry with his parents those children had nothing to do with whatever family drama he felt he was having. I feel so horrible for those parents who aren't going to get to pick up their children and bring them home.

I'm still in shock.
    Agree. To say it is more tragic because it happened just before the holidays diminishes the situation in some ways. Would it have been less tragic in May? October? February? If one of the dead wasn't from a family that celebrates the upcoming holidays is the death of that person less tragic? The situation is tragic and horrific no matter how you look at it no matter when it happened.

That being said the news anchors are often in a tough spot. Reporters and producers are gathering the news and feeding that information to the anchors. They have to say something and often times are left saying what is in their own mind and heart at that moment. They are sitting there with information being shoved in front of them, appearing on screens and even being shouted in their ears. All the while they have to communicate and sound coherent, logical, and believable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    God. When I first heard of this tragedy, I immediately thought of the mass shooting in Scotland about a decade ago where that man shot that entire Kindergarten class...
    Dunblane, Scotland (tennis player Andy MURRAY [corrected] was in the school that day).

ETA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_school_massacre
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-14-2012 at 08:12 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    A truly horrific tragedy
    Those poor parents
    I can't even begin to imagine.
    My heart breaks for the teachers and staff at the school as well.

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Dunblane, Scotland (tennis player Andy Roddick was in the school that day).
    That would be Andy Murray. I cannot comprehend this tragedy at all. Those poor poor children, innocent staff and all their families and friends.........just no words

ETA: that link posted about the other Ryan Lanza is outrageous journalism.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Dunblane, Scotland (tennis player Andy Roddick was in the school that day).
    Andy Murray is the tennis player from Dunblane, Scotland who was in the school when the shooting happened.

To this day, Andy is pretty mum when asked about this. It's not something he talks about, EVER.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Andy Murray is the tennis player from Dunblane, Scotland who was in the school when the shooting happened.

To this day, Andy is pretty mum when asked about this. It's not something he talks about, EVER.
    I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for Andy and all of the other Dunblane students and how difficult it's going to be for the Newport children, teachers, staff and families.

I still remember that Newsweek cover after the Dunblane shooting with the class photo of the kindgergarten class & their teacher, who was also killed in the shooting.

Per MSNBC, Obama orders flags at half-staff

vCash
    The President was so broken up...like the rest of us. ((crying))

vCash
    The more news that becomes available the worse it gets. I'm watching my local NBC station here in CT and apparently Lanza's brother was apprehended outside the school. As the anchor said, it's tragic that it's beginning to appear that some sort of family drama got out of hand and claimed 27 innocent lives in the crossfire.

ArtisticFan, good points about the pressure the news anchors are under. A few times, I've heard their voices shake as if they are trying not to break down but they have to keep it together on the air. I think it's made all the worse by how many young children were taken away from their families.

vCash
    an animal !
    how could they hurt kids, well he must had something really bad with his dead mom because he shot most of her students too

and btw that poor fake Ryan Lanza facebook , that is obviously the wrong one, poor guy had to delete his facebook,

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Gets even more terrifying:
    http://on.wsj.com/VGJG1A

Apparently, teachers and administrators were well-trained for such a situation, and a lockdown alert was aired over the PA system; however, whoever went on the PA system may have gotten caught in the crossfire and also broadcast the screaming and gunshots throughout the entire school.

(((Condolences to all those affected)))

vCash
    Majority of the victims were kindergarteners.

Just watched the President making a statement. He was very emotional and I had tears too, but I am at work, so I can't cry much. My coworkers and I had a brief conversation about it during our lunch break.

vCash
    No words. Prayers for all those children, the families who had their loved ones murdered, the school, and the entire Sandy Hook community.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast