Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Agreed, the cameras need to leave and let the families grieve and recover - although I doubt anyone can ever recover from losing a child. i just can't imagine what the families are going through, I can't even look at the pictures of the kids without bursting into tears.
    Yes, but at the same time, no one is forcing the families to speak to the media or go on talk shows. It's their choice.... they could say no.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elka_sk8 View Post
    I grew up in a neighboring suburb of Rochester and was back up there visiting for Christmas. Needless to say the community was pretty devastated by this senseless tragedy. My sister knew one of the firefighters who was killed.
    elka, I am so very sorry and please pass along both mine and my Parents Condolences to your Sister on the horrible loss of her Friend.

On another note...

I started a separate thread for this, but thought I'd mention it in here now since I'm in here...A couple of days after the attack in Sandy Hook, I visited CNN's Impact page to see if there was anything I could do for Newtown and/or Sandy Hook. I saw the appeal by the Conn. PTA for Paper Snowflakes to decorate the school they'll be moving to in order to turn it into a Magical Winter Wonderland for the kids for that First Day there.

Who doesn't know how to make a Paper Snowflake, right? So I got to work last week and while I don't have a proper count of them, Mom was looking at the pile of them and she thinks there's at least 100 of various sizes I've made and w/more to come.

If anyone's interested in taking part, do a search here at FSU for "Snowflakes for Sandy Hook" and that'll take you to the thread where all of the information is. Most importantly though...The deadline is January 13th!! Which may seem like a lot of time, but it really isn't.

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention that in here for those who might be interested in taking part.

vCash
    This morning GMA had: http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/fairfie...a#.UPVi0qXlfBs
    The entire song is not here, too soon I guess. But, it was beautiful and heartbreaking.

vCash
    Just saw this on the Supper Hour cast crusin and they said the song is available for download at both Amazon and iTunes.

Anyone else see Anderson 360 last night? He was back in Newtown for the one month Anniversary and he spoke w/Catherine Hubbard's Parents. He asked them how Christmas was and her Mom said they celebrated the true meaning of Christmas really for the first time in earnest, which is Hope. As hard as it was, they weren't going to not have Christmas. She also said that she feels like Catherine is in the safest place and in the safest hands she could ask for, so she's at peace w/that much of losing their daughter in such a horrific manner.

They just showed so much Grace and Compassion and...I don't know, but some of the stories they told about Catherine had us smiling and they said they've decided to build an Animal Sanctuary in her memory as she loved animals so very much. What a perfect tribute to a little girl who loved animals.

They also showed just how much mail has come from all around the World. Not to mention Stuffed Animals and also money for the PTA or to help out w/Funeral coats or for so many other reasons. Gary Tuckman did that piece and he almost broke down while reading this letter done by a little one, in crayon, who had emptied her piggy bank to help out and there at the bottom of the page was six pennies taped to the paper. I can't blame him for that, as that got to me too.

I think Anderson's going to be back in Newtown tonight IIRC. He really has done a wonderful job of not just covering this story, but treating the people of the town and, most importantly, the Family Members he's talked to w/such Compassion and Heart. Then again, he does know what it's like to lose somebody in your Family suddenly and horribly due to his Brother's Suicide and knows when to back off because he's been there in his own way. Anyway...JMO of course.

vCash
    Sometimes I hate humanity
    A man who found six children in his driveway in Newtown, Conn., after their teacher had been shot and killed in last month's school massacre has become the target of conspiracy theorists who believe the shootings were staged.

“I don’t know what to do,” Gene Rosen told Salon.com. “I’m getting hang-up calls, I’m getting some calls, I’m getting emails with, not direct threats, but accusations that I’m lying, that I’m a crisis actor, ‘How much am I being paid?'”
    Sandy Hook Hero Harrassed

vCash
    I am at a loss for words. That is disgusting.

vCash
    Clearly there are sick people in this world who hurt with words, not guns.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Sick and stupid and pathetic, more like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Sometimes I hate humanity

Sandy Hook Hero Harrassed
    I just heard about this tonight on Anderson 360 and disgusted and sickened doesn't even come close to how I feel.

vCash
    There are always "truthers" in most news stories this big. It's so annoying and anti helpful no matter how stupid and sick they show themselves to be....

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829