Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Just watched "Les Miserables."

Anne Hathaway sure milked those few minutes she was on the screen. Her "I Dreamed a Dream" is far, far more heart-wrenching than I thought it would be. Lots of ugly face.

I actually thought Hugh Jackman did a great job, and Russell Crowe was not as terrible as some have made him out to be. Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen totally stole every scene they were in.

Amanda Seyfried thankfully didn't have a ton of screen time; her vibrato drove me crazy. I thought at some points Eddie Redmayne's head would explode from all the vibrato between them. The guy who played Enjolras (Aaron Tveit) was fantastic.
    Last edited by all_empty; 12-20-2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: "vibrato," not "vibrator." yikes!

vCash
    Zero Dark Thirty (which I haven't seen yet) has been mostly getting great reviews but has had some controversy with some arguing that it is pro-torture. Perhaps that might have an impact in the Oscar race.

all_empty, what did you think of Les Mis overall? Would you recommend it?

Thanks, all_emply, I look forward to seeing it.

On Amazon, you can already buy the soundtrack on MP3:
    http://www.amazon.com/Les-Mis%C3%A9r...6067872&sr=1-1
    Last edited by jenny12; 12-21-2012 at 05:32 AM.

vCash
    I would definitely recommend "Les Miserables."

I've never seen the stage version, and only know the music from skater's programs (I like Brittany McConn's and Todd Eldredge's the best).

After the letdown that was "The Hobbit," it's what I call the "theatrical" experience of the holiday season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123