View Poll Results: Who was the best junior skater(s) of 2012?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yan Han

6 10.91%
  • Maxim Kovtun

1 1.82%
  • Joshua Farris

6 10.91%
  • Julia Lipnitskaya

19 34.55%
  • Elena Radionova

12 21.82%
  • Gracie Gold

2 3.64%
  • Sui Wenjing & Han Cong

3 5.45%
  • Yu Xiaoyu & Jin Yang

0 0%
  • Lina Fedorova & Maxim Miroshkin

0 0%
  • Victoria Sinitsina & Ruslan Zhiganshin

0 0%
  • Alexandra Stepanova & Ivan Bukin

5 9.09%
  • Alexandra Aldridge & Daniel Eaton

1 1.82%

vCash

Who was the best junior skater(s) of 2012?

Best junior skater(s) of the calendar year 2012?

vCash
    Joshua Farris has been my favorite. Don't know if he was the best !

vCash
    Watched Radionova at the JGPF, thought she had great jumps, lots of speed and fast spins, but her interpretation didn't even make any sense. I really thought Farris made the biggest leap this year in terms of PCS

vCash
    Farris has been very impressive and quite consistent this season, his FS at JGPF was a bit of a letdown, but considering the allergic reaction and benadryl, I was impressed he managed to pull off 3a-3t and a second 3a late in the program, as well as rotating the 4t and hitting the 2nd 3lz in combination late in the program after stumbling out of the first. Kovtun has also been very impressive technically, as shown by his JGPF win and victory over Han Yan at JGP Croatia. I don't know if his artistry has improved as much as PCS would indicate, but given his technical prowess and consistency with 3a and 4t, I'm not surprised the PCS have risen as well. Boyang Jin is also unreal in technical abilities, he's just 14 and still very much a little boy physically, but has the strength to land 3a and 4t! Hino has also made a lot of improvement, consistency but also his presentation is getting markedly better even though it's still nothing to write home about. Hopefully winning a medal at JGPF will boost his confidence so he becomes less shy and performs more outwardly in the future.

For ladies, Radinova has been very consistent and impressive with her technical content. She's just a little kid, but that kind of determination should take her far, and she is very expressive. Wang is also a very strong athletic skater, needs to stop bombing SPs but she skated good FS programs at all her junior internationals this season. The lady I'm probably most impressed with though is Anna Pogorilaya, the improvement she made over the course of just a couple months is really impressive, and she seems to be a good competitor considering she's new to the scene. The way she improvised that 3lz-3t in her FS at the JGPF was just really gutsy, and how she upgraded SP combo to 3lz-3t at the final knowing the stakes were higher and was successful with it. I feel she moves very well, most girls look awkward during that stage where they are so thin with the very long limbs, but she uses her's really well, despite the gangly build, I find her pleasant to watch, not gawky. I think she can maybe medal at JW if she keeps skating well. Hannah Miller was also a nice treat this season, especially at JGPF!