Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

My Mother Has Been Diagnosed With Lung Cancer

A couple weeks ago, my Mom was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. The good news, however,is that it was caught very early. It is stage 1 and a PET scan revealed that it has not spread. According to her Doctor, the tumor is around 2cm and will be easy to remove. She is having surgery Tuesday and her Doctor is very confident that she will make a full recovery.

Needless to say, my family is pretty relieved that it was caught so early. The cancer was found by accident and what can only be described as a blessing in disguise. My Mom has never suffered any type of injury in her life, but she somehow managed to tear her rotator cuff, and during pre-op x-rays, the spot was found. My mom is a very healthy woman otherwise and there would have been no reason to do such tests had it not been for her injury. Her Doctors have told her how lucky she is because sadly, most cases of lung cancer aren't found till they are in advanced stages when treatment options are limited.

This has been the scariest thing I have ever exeperienced. Just hearing someone say that your parent has cancer is a feeling that I can't even describe. I really have no idea what I would without my Mom but thankfully, it seems that it will be a long time before I find out.

vCash
    ((((((((((((Whitneyskates))))))))) Your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    I'm so sorry and glad they caught it early! My friend's mother had lung cancer caught in Stage 1, and she's successfully recovered and healthy 15 years later.

vCash
    (((Whitneyskates))) Somebody up there is surely watching over your mother and your family. Hope she recovers well!

vCash
    I am so sorry about your mother's diagnosis, Whitneyskates. It's a tough thing to deal with, for her and for everyone close to her. It is very, very fortunate that it was caught early; that's often not the case. I hope she will make a complete recovery.

vCash
    Very sorry to hear about this diagnosis, but thank goodness it was discovered @ this early stage. May she recover completely!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    Very sorry to hear about this diagnosis, but thank goodness it was discovered @ this early stage. May she recover completely!
    ^^ This
    and this >> (((((Whitneyskates)))))

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Yay for a torn rotator cuff!! Boy does that sound strange or what? Here's hoping for a full recovery, Whitneyskates.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    God bless you and your family. It is very scary, but it sounds like they found it early and there is every indication that she will have an excellent prognosis. All the best with the surgery.

vCash
    Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery to your mom.

vCash
    (((Whitneyskates)))

It must be very scary to hear this. However, my hair stylist was diagnosed with lung cancer last year and now she has fully recovered.

Best wishes to your mom for a full recovery.

Go Denmark!
    vCash
    (((Whitneyskates & family)))) Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!

vCash
    Yay for a torn rotator cuff!! Boy does that sound strange or what?
    It does, I never thought I would be happy that my Mom sustained a painful injury!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes

vCash
    Sorry to hear about your Mom but happy that it was caught early. A close friend of mine was diagnosed with
    stage 1 lung cancer 2 years ago. She was treated successfully and I am happy to say that we all danced at her wedding in October
    of this year. I will say a prayer for a full and speedy recovery for your Mom.

vCash
    My father died from throat cancer, so I know what you are feeling. I'm so glad that your mother's was detected early and that her chances are very good. Prayers for you all.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Rinkside on my iPhone
    vCash
    (((Whitneyskates)))). Like kittyjake5, I'm sorry to hear about your Mom but definitely happy that it was caught early. My brother was diagnosed with Stage 4 Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma 17 years ago (spread to liver, spleen and 3 lobes of his left lung), had his transplant 16 years ago (after 12 rounds of chemo) and is still with us today. It took over 1 year to get to that point, so being caught early is very good. My thoughts are with your family.
    This space for rent.

vCash
    Wow, whoever thought we'd celebrate a torn rotator cuff! Sorry your mum has cancer, even if it was caught early. I wish her the best.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    (((Whitneyskates))) So glad that it was caught early (in stage 1), and hadn't progressed yet. You, your family and your mom will be in my thoughts & prayers. Hug!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Joining my prayers and best wishes to all those already being sent to your mom, Whitneyskates.

vCash
    Mine too!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast