vCash

Jersey on Ice - Cringe!

Did anyone see this new show? I was channel surfing at midnight, last night, and flipped on TLC. I guess it premiered last night and I caught the second airing of the premiere. It is absolutely asinine. It is 3 ISI coaches from Floyd Hall, in NJ. Of course, they are Italian, loud, obnoxious, have that NJ accent (that no one in NJ really has), and know nothing about real competitive skating. They are agonizing over an in-house competition, choosing a "team" to go to a Lake Placid OPEN competition. Like that happens! And they are calling their skaters levels by names that I've never heard of. This is an embarrassment to the sport, and once again to NJ and Italian Americans.

vCash
    Yes, I saw it, and thought it was a hot mess. It's being discussed in TV Alerts. I think the skating levels are legit ISI levels, though.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Does this show really need THREE threads?

Hopefully a kind mod will condense them.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    lol, cruisin i confess to knowing people who have that accent and never lost it even after moving away to go to college
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    lol, cruisin i confess to knowing people who have that accent and never lost it even after moving away to go to college
    Me too, although it does make me cringe.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    Me too, although it does make me cringe.
    as it should
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I've lived in NJ all my life. I don't know anyone under 50 who speaks like that. I did know some older people, when I was a kid, who grew up in Jersey City/Hoboken areas who did have that accent. And there are people who live in Nj who have that accent, but they are originally from Staten Island, Brooklyn, Long island, etc. It makes me crazy when people from other places tell me I can't be from NJ because I don't sound like I'm from NJ. Well, I do sound like everyone else I know from NJ .

The show is just a train wreck! Though I heard that the PSA sent out emails asking coaches if they wanted to be part of the show or knew anyone who did. Apparently, the credentialed coaches said no thank you!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    Yes, I saw it, and thought it was a hot mess. It's being discussed in TV Alerts.
    Link is: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...iers-Dec-12-12

Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Does this show really need THREE threads?

Hopefully a kind mod will condense them.
    No it certainly doesn't merit 3 separate threads but I'm not sure it's worth merging them either.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden