View Poll Results: Who has the best chance of beating Yu na Kim at the 2013 worlds?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carolina Kostner

38 15.70%
  • Ashley Wagner

58 23.97%
  • Mao Asada

100 41.32%
  • Miki Ando

6 2.48%
  • Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

7 2.89%
  • Adelina Sotnikova

0 0%
  • Akiko Suzuki

2 0.83%
  • Alena Leonova

0 0%
  • Gracie Gold

7 2.89%
  • Kaetlyn Osmond

12 4.96%
  • Kiira Korpi

3 1.24%
  • Other

9 3.72%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Slightly OT, but how does anyone feel about others a little further down the food chain as challengers for medals, such as Korpi, Murakami, Gedevanishvili, Nagasu / Gold and the Russian gals? - Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Leonova (I'm thinking they will the Russian team for worlds). I honestly thought that Sotnikova and Tuk would be more involved in the medal mix than they are at this point.
    We should totally have a separate thread for this!

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    If Yu-Na wins Worlds with those 2 boring programs of her's, I will . Caro, Mao, and Ashley all have more interesting and better choreographed programs than her's. I also like Liza's and Kaetlyn's programs better than Yu-Na's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    If Yu-Na wins Worlds with those 2 boring programs of her's, I will . Caro, Mao, and Ashley all have more interesting and better choreographed programs than her's. I also like Liza's and Kaetlyn's programs better than Yu-Na's.
    Oh, give her some break. Those programs were performed only once, outed by a skater who had been away from competition for 19 months, and Yuna herself admitted that she did care less about the choreos and emoting the programs since her goal was to obtain minimum TES for Worlds. While I, too, was a bit disappointed by the overall impressions of her programs, I'm sure they'll develop marvelously till Worlds.

vCash
    Actually i'll be pissed if I were yuna if losing to others who are not taking any risk.. who are just playing safe.. now..that's the biggest injustice.. If her programs are boring at least she didn't play safe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    If Yu-Na wins Worlds with those 2 boring programs of her's, I will .
    Be prepared to then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Oh, give her some break. Those programs were performed only once, outed by a skater who had been away from competition for 19 months, and Yuna herself admitted that she did care less about the choreos and emoting the programs since her goal was to obtain minimum TES for Worlds. While I, too, was a bit disappointed by the overall impressions of her programs, I'm sure they'll develop marvelously till Worlds.
    That's why she's not a real performer IMO and probably why I've never found her convincing. Real performers go out there every single time to show the audience how wonderful they believe their program to be, regardless of whether the jumps are on or not. Kim is there to win competitions, first and foremost. That's the difference between her and someone like Carolina Kostner. And honestly I don't see how much more amazing her programs will get. Even if she was only focusing on jumps, one can see that the choreography is just not there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    That's why she's not a real performer IMO and probably why I've never found her convincing. Real performers go out there every single time to show the audience how wonderful they believe their program to be, regardless of whether the jumps are on or not. Kim is there to win competitions, first and foremost. That's the difference between her and someone like Carolina Kostner. And honestly I don't see how much more amazing her programs will get. Even if she was only focusing on jumps, one can see that the choreography is just not there.
    Then I guess there would be no bashing or ridiculing of any kind if Yuna did "perform," and that came with the expense of acquiring minimum tes for Worlds? I really adore what Carolina has been offering to figure skating and totally agree with your opinion about her but some snide comments towards Yuna to prop Caro up have their limits.

vCash
    LOL
    I have no problem with someone with amazing skating, but who doesn't want to show how wonderful she is each time.
    So, if she wins Worlds or the Olympics, I'll be happy, just because she is one of the very best skater ever.
    And I'm a Carolina Kostner fan (if Carolina wins, I'll be happy too).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    Actually i'll be pissed if I were yuna if losing to others who are not taking any risk.. who are just playing safe.. now..that's the biggest injustice.. If her programs are boring at least she didn't play safe.
    Yes, at least she doesn't play safe.
    I found out that skaters museksk8r mentioned are all skating to one of the most overused music - Bolero, Swan Lake, Samson and Delilah, Dark eyes, and Carmen.
    Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with skating to overused music. They are nice, but for me, not that interesting or brilliant as she said. My favorite programs of this season are Akiko's SP & LP, Caro's SP, and Yuna's LP, so my World podium should be Akiko-Yuna-Caro!

Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    LOL
    I have no problem with someone with amazing skating, but who doesn't want to show how wonderful she is each time.
    So, if she wins Worlds or the Olympics, I'll be happy, just because she is one of the very best skater ever.
    And I'm a Carolina Kostner fan (if Carolina wins, I'll be happy too).

I like Caro (she's my second favorite), but she is not always a 'great real performer' as somebody said. She was totally a mess at 2009 Worlds and 2010 Olys. All I could see and feel was fear and nerve. Poor Carolina, it was really hard to see. However, she fought back and did a amazing skate at 2012 Worlds
    No one is perfect, and no one can be always great. Given that Yuna had been away from competition for 19 month and she got her new programs one in July and one in September, started actual training in July, I think she was great. Much more than I expected (To be honest, I expected she would bomb ). I think she just needs time to get back in shape.

vCash
    Let's face it Kim is just not as hungry as the other skaters who are competing right now. Besides she's been basically retired for the last couple years so you can't compare her to Ashley, Kostner, Mao etc etc. The only way you can compare is if Kim gets back to competing more then once a year. If she decides to skate a full schedule next season and is really serious then we'll see how she stacks up. But i don't expect to see a dominate Kim at Worlds this year not just because she won't be battle tested or in shape but also is she really skating for herself or just to get two spots for South Korea at the Olympics next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    Caro skated a beautiful 6 triples program with all 5 different triples and only positive geo today http://youtu.be/eUR9pBrGIIE
    Simply breathtaking!

I just hope the pcs marking at worlds is fair and reaonable.

People complained about Carolina's jump content last year, but I'd hate to see a 7 triple program of that caliber, if skated well, lose to a 6 triple free skate.

vCash
    Caro skated a beautiful 6 triples program with all 5 different triples and only positive geo today http://youtu.be/eUR9pBrGIIE
    Great for Carolina! But I sure hope she didn't get positive GOE for that 2ft Lutz. Her jump technique on all of her jumps is not up to par as of right now (at least not compared to last years technique!), hoping she has it all together by worlds

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Non male. Buon contenuto, manca di cuore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    Non male. Buon contenuto, manca di cuore.
    Translation please?

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Translation please?
    Google Translate says: "Not bad. Good content, it lacks heart."

Can't say I agree, though.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Since when Carolina has been a real performer? How many real great performances has she ever given? Did she go out there every single time to show the audience how wonderful they believe their program to be, regardless of whether the jumps are on or not? At 2009 Worlds? 2010 Olympics? Even at her silver performance of 2008 Worlds?
    Last edited by lakewood; 12-28-2012 at 06:43 AM.

vCash
    Kostner is one of the most gifted skaters ever and i don't mean her skating skills but the judges giving her marks that she didn't deserve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakewood View Post
    Since when Carolina has been a real performer? How many real great performances has she ever given? Did she go out there every single time to show the audience how wonderful they believe their program to be, regardless of whether the jumps are on or not? At 2009 Worlds? 2010 Olympics? Even at her silver performance of 2008 Worlds?
    you are really going way back. She is a real performer since past Olympics, she had so much press from outside. But when she decided not to give up, she just would like to show how much she likes skating and continue only therefore, she become a great performer and has shown that. She connect to the public, has the best skating skills in ladies and goes out and do what she likes to do, skate out of her heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    Google Translate says: "Not bad. Good content, it lacks heart."

Can't say I agree, though.
    And yes, falling_dance, the translation is right. I'm with you, she skated really with heart and with such a great intense. All the marks she get recently are well deserved and sometimes to low

vCash
    you are really going way back. She is a real performer since past Olympics, she had so much press from outside. But when she decided not to give up, she just would like to show how much she likes skating and continue only therefore, she become a great performer and has shown that. She connect to the public, has the best skating skills in ladies and goes out and do what she likes to do, skate out of her heart.
    And, YuNa has been a real performer ever since her international debut!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakewood View Post
    And, YuNa has been a real performer ever since her international debut!
    I know all you have to do is watch Yuna's SP at Worlds in 2007. Perhaps the best debut ever. Even Dick Button was almost speechless. And to think she was only 16.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast