Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    yes, bert lahr was the cowardly lion

the santa baby lyrics creep me out, but i can grandfather eartha kitt in.

i LOLed at blake when he said that cassiddee was the best interpreter of lyrics or whatever he said. that was a bit OTT, even for him.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Okay, I thought Michael Buble was walking kind of funny -- and this note from a reporter at the performance might explain it:"6. Fake snow is slippery. After Team Blake’s performance of “White Christmas,” Cassadee was helped off the stage very slowly by Blake and a production assistant so she wouldn’t slip on the snow before her performance. While it was funny to see, in and of itself, it was even funnier that she was the only member of the team actually helped."
    http://www.celebuzz.com/2012-12-11/t...dnt-see-on-tv/

The really weird note was that Carson regularly sidles over and takes a swig of Blake's drink. Think Blake is doctoring up his Starbucks?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    No doubt. They all needed it because of the song choices last night. All four are much better singers than the performances they put out last night. And for all of them to do slow emotional ballads? Whoever made that decision should be fired.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I think I finally "get" Cassadee. That was well done. They could have chosen an outfit that didn't clash with the song, but that's my only nit pick on her performance. Nick was decent, as was Terry. Trevin just needs to go to performing arts school and learn what NOT to do.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I had a problem with "inspirational song" = "Stupid Boy".

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Trevin was awful. Really off key.

Nick is still my favorite

I liked Caassaaddeeeeee this time.

I liked Terry too.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I had a problem with "inspirational song" = "Stupid Boy".
    Yes I didn't quite understand that either? I actually thought they were all good except Trevin and I hope he goes home tonight. The judges on 'The Voice' are way too nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Yes I didn't quite understand that either? I actually thought they were all good except Trevin and I hope he goes home tonight. The judges on 'The Voice' are way too nice.
    I'd guess that the judges have some sympathy for going off pitch -- I remember one Maroon 5 video live performance where Adam Levine is WAY off pitch. And, trying to stay as far away from the X Factor nasty squabbling among the coaches, I'd guess.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    All the mentors said they wouldn't do the show if they had to be mean to the contestants. Same as they refused to do the bad auditions AI still shows just to make fun of people.

vCash
    "Stupid Boy" is a Keith Urban song. When a guy sings it, it works. He's beating himself up over a bad relationship. A woman tackling it? Sort of comes off as a Kelly Clarkson/Martina McBride empowerment anthem.

But, it's an amazing song when Urban does it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2u2kp2eRU0 It's a small clip of an epic song. (I'm a major Keith Urban fan, so am pretty happy she didn't butcher it).

vCash
    There are some notes that Cassadee--not just the pitch but the way she sings it--that are just amazing, but most of them are just her searching for what works. A good vocal coach could probably do wonders for her. The talent is there, she just has no idea what to do with it.

Since none of the top four were my favorites, I went "nationalistic" and powervoted for Terry.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Xtina's fashion sense never ceases to amaze and amuse.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i'd like another crack at voting for juliet
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    If we buy Wild Child on itunes maybe she'll win.

Terry into the final. As long as Nick is in, I don't care if the last pick is Casadeeeeeee or Trevin, but my money is on Cas.
    Last edited by rfisher; 12-12-2012 at 01:25 AM.

vCash
    Juliet's performance so much better than Jermaine's. I think people just got the Js confused. This is so old school rock, I love it.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    it took 3 people to write raylene's song?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    A little autotuning and a video, and Raelynn will be the new Taylor Swift. It helps to be young, cute and have the King and Queen of country music backing you.

vCash
    This is like a stronger, less whiney version of that Taylor Swift song about the guy she likes going out with the prom queen. I need that dress. I wonder if they make it in size ginormous? I would wear it to work tomorrow. Raelynn and I have the same hair and eyecolor; I could pull it off.

I love that she wrote the song with other Voice contestants!

I'd vote for her too over the current crop.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Chris Mann must have hired a good publicist. He's been on several award shows and other things recently.

Blake better not give Terry a crappy song to ensure Casady wins next week. Terry needs to fight for the perfect song.

vCash
    This song is like an unholy union of Josh Groban and Michael Buble. Both are Not Impressed with Chris Mann.

Chris Mann had some advantages coming into the Voice; he had the Glee fanbase. Some of these things he's gotten, he might have gotten without The Voice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast