Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I do believe they have even better things in store for the Olympic season, though!
    I hope so. I think D&W fans should feel free to e-mail them any suggestions too!

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    That's the best I've seen the Shibs skate that all season. Fantastic.

And I know SD lifts are supposed to be simple, but I think every other couple has done almost the same lift.
    I loved their skate. Tracey even spoke about how great their line and positions were so I wonder about their placement?! Loved D/W and even thought they may have looked a little tight but I was wrong as Meryl even said it was their best performance.

vCash
    I heard that V&M covered their ears so as not to hear D&W's score. Does anyone know if that's really true? If so, is this something they normally do?

vCash
    I've never heard of them doing that but someone else might know better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    I loved their skate. Tracey even spoke about how great their line and positions were so I wonder about their placement?! Loved D/W and even thought they may have looked a little tight but I was wrong as Meryl even said it was their best performance.
    Yeah, I'm no polka expert, so I'm trying to refrain from judgement, but I don't understand the middle placements at all. Elena and Nikita were so sloppy yet they're practically tied with the Shibs and Chock/Bates. Brobova and Solviev...I don't understand their placement at all. So much talk about them, but I truly don't see it. Upside is there isn't too much of a difference between 9th and 4th so I think the Bronze medal is pretty open. Politics wise it seems to be a game of giving it to anyone who isn't American or Canadian and since France had their turn last year I imagine it might go to the Russians.

vCash
    I just watched their performance again they were magic out there and they looked so happy!

I was curious and wanted to see what PJ Kwong had to say, so I checked her twitter. Normally, even when V/M mess up, she says that they should be closer because of PCS but this time she actually agreed with the result! So either she's mellowing or she got a hold of some bad aged cheddar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    I heard that V&M covered their ears so as not to hear D&W's score. Does anyone know if that's really true? If so, is this something they normally do?
    I could see why a team wouldn't want to psych themselves out, but I've never seen them do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    Yeah, I'm not polka expert, so I'm trying to refrain from judgement, but I don't understand the middle placements at all. Elena and Nikita were so sloppy yet they're practically tied with the Shibs and Chock/Bates. Brobova and Solviev...I don't understand their placement at all. So much talk about them, but I don't truly don't see it. Upside is there isn't too much of a difference between 9th and 4th so I think the Silver medal is pretty open. Politics wise it seems to be a game of giving it to anyone who isn't American or Canadian and since France had their turn last year I imagine it will go to the Russians.
    You don't think V/M will hold onto bronze?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    You don't think V/M will hold onto bronze?
    Whoops that's a giant typo . I meant Bronze.

vCash
    Neptune, I saw it myself on CBC. They did a nice job covering it as a sport-just like any other where you show things that are going on.
    I mentioned in their thread about it and that I'd thought at their level they wouldn't need to do that at this point but left it at that. When they had to stop at 4CC was it before or after D/W skated? Can't recall and just wondered if nerves played a point in the stopping as we all know when in pain, nerves just adds to it. I like both teams + of course the Shibs and don't get their placement. Who cares if they are bro/sis. It's the skating that counts.

vCash
    Wow, Meryl and Charlie owned that ice! Congratulations to them. I had my laptop (a Russian feed I think) open on the kitchen counter while preparing for dinner so I won''t miss them. At first, I was so nervous for them, that it seemed to me they were a little tight but it must have been just my nerves being projected on to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    Neptune, I saw it myself on CBC.
    Thanks, smileyskate.

I'd thought at their level they wouldn't need to do that at this point but left it at that.
    It's pretty surprising. One would think earplugs would be a bit more discreet.

When they had to stop at 4CC was it before or after D/W skated?
    After.

Who cares if they are bro/sis. It's the skating that counts.
    Things do seem a bit questionable about some of the middle placements. Well, at least we can be happy about the top one!

vCash
    V&M won't have to cover their ears for the FD!

Starting order:

16 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
    17 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
    18 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE
    19 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
    20 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT

It's cool that 7 teams (theoretically) are in contention for the bronze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    It's cool that 7 teams (theoretically) are in contention for the bronze.
    I love that. I hope those teams all bring it!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    FD skate order has been posted

The final group:

Warm-Up Group 4
    16 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN 2 73.87
    17 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 5 67.93
    18 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA 1 77.12
    19 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS 3 70.05
    20 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA 4 69.65

For once, Meryl and Charlie aren't skating before Tessa and Scott .

I expect V/M to lead off this group swinging for the stars. As they should -- it's exactly what Meryl and Charlie did skating first in their group tonight. This isn't a done deal, not by a long shot. They need to bring it the same way they would if their scores were separated by a few tenths of a point (not that they would ever give less than their all).

When watching live, I was on the Latvian stream....did anyone here watch the British Eurosport broadcast? What did Chris and Simon say about M/C's performance? What about V/M's?

vCash
    Now that's all over can I make a really shallow comment. How shiny was Meryl's hair today?! It was so gorgeous it didn't look real, a perfect bun that didn't look like it had a lot of product in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    When watching live, I was on the Latvian stream....did anyone here watch the British Eurosport broadcast? What did Chris and Simon say about M/C's performance? What about V/M's?
    I'm curious about that, too. http://www.youtube.com/user/frida340 usually posts British Eurosport videos so I'll keep an eye out.

vCash
    Fantastic AP article with...interesting lead:

http://www.greenwichtime.com/sports/...rs-4355390.php
    Meryl Davis and Charlie White sure know how to spoil a homecoming.
    "It's a really good sign when, from beginning to end, you're having a good time," White said. "It was one of those dream skates."
    Davis and White sprinkled special little touches throughout the program like hidden gems; the little hops they did at the beginning of the polka were pure fun. But it was their unison that made the performance something special. They were as synchronized as a Swiss watch, every moment done in perfect harmony.
    There are more great quotes, but I didn't want to copy the whole article in here.

vCash
    Nice article!! And they really did look like they were having a great time out there. I love that the camera focuses in on Charlie in the ending pose. He has the biggest smile on his face!

I can't wait for the FD!

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast