Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    This news is making my week. I've always assumed they'd want to finish up school and start their careers. They seem like they have such a full life outside of skating. I'm glad they feel differently and are having fun.
    Do you think they have enough sponsorship that this is their career? I know very few skaters make a living at skating, but I really think they are high enough on the food chain that they do.

I am, however, very impressed how much 'work-life balance' they seem to have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    Meryl's challenges are absolutely surprising. I would never, ever, ever have guessed she had trouble with her vision, ever.
    Neither would I!

I was watching the 2010 SOI show the other day -- does anyone remember the group number where the girls come out wearing sunglasses (I think it was to "Strut")? Now I'm wondering how on earth she did that number with no depth perception and problems with one eye! That's insane! Especially when you realize how little practice they did beforehand, and how they're in a new rink practically every night. She's amazing!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Do you think they have enough sponsorship that this is their career? I know very few skaters make a living at skating, but I really think they are high enough on the food chain that they do.

I am, however, very impressed how much 'work-life balance' they seem to have.
    I think it's less of a matter of whether they can and more about whether they'd want to. I've never gotten the impression from them that they wanted to skate professionally and run shows, like Stephan, or be a coach, choreographer, broadcaster, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Thank you so much! You never disappoint! Are you going to the Gala practice as well?

What a great start!
    On a side note: It must be awkward, flying past your ex-coach that's standing a few feet away from Canton's team.

ETA: Is it just me, or does that rink appear smaller than the norm??

vCash
    I wish Worlds were being held in Asia so I could sleep through the competition. This anxiety is killing me

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    I wish Worlds were being held in Asia so I could sleep through the competition. This anxiety is killing me
    I am right there with you. I feel like I need to jog a few laps around my house. (I did that during the gymnastics team finals when Gabby was on beam. It worked wonders. )

And I was definitely starting to wonder whether or not Meryl and Charlie would hang around for at least another season. I hope they're able to, and I hope they want to, because I can't let go. If I were Rose, and they were Jack's frozen corpse, I'd be dragging them around for the rest of my life.

vCash
    If I were Rose, and they were Jack's frozen corpse, I'd be dragging them around for the rest of my life.
    All the while singing "My Heart Will Go On" I hope!

vCash
    Oh, you know it!

vCash
    I had begun to wonder lately if they might be planning to stay in beyond Sochi. Usually teams thinking about retirement post Olympics start making noise about that sort of thing in the year leading up to the Olympics. So glad to hear that they will at least consider staying in ... and take it year by year. I say, as long as they are improving and satisfied with their results, why not? It will be a huge bonus for us fans because I think that we can still see incredible improvement from them!

vCash
    I'd be nervous for them but I'm so sleepy! Maybe it'll kick in during their warm up.

vCash
    Lol, circuscandy.

Meryl looks adorable! I am so nervous! Good luck!!!

vCash
    77.12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Well, that went well.

vCash
    Okay I can breathe now. They skated awesome and scored three points above their season's best.

vCash
    I can't believe she does that with limited depth perception! That is all I could think about during their skate! Fabulous!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    My co-workers can actually tell when there is a skating competition happening in another country. I look that exhausted and they know how much I LOVE sleep. I'm loving that this is happening on my day off and in the middle of the afternoon. I'm doing laundry, having a cup of tea, and my stream is holding up. Life is good.

vCash
    I have just scientifically proven that it is possible to hold your breath for 2.5 minutes. And then they finish and I can breathe. And then I remember that anything could happen with the scores. And I have to hold my breath again.

vCash
    They nailed it! They were perfection from beginning to end. Can Tessa and Scott beat that?

vCash
    Crap I missed it! I thought I had time to take a quick shower. I'm so glad they skated well!!!

vCash
    Wheeeee a new world record I expect V/M to score 95 points but for now yaaay D/W

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast