Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jobelle View Post
    Not an ideal starting position but they are pros so I'm sure that they will be focused on doing their best in what they can control. It will likely all come down to levels anyway. Unless there are uncharacteristic errors I'm petty sure that the pcs marks will be quite close in the short dance between them and v/m.
    They probably will be indeed, but IMO Meryl and Charlie should be outscoring Tessa and Scott in PCS big time. Their SD is such a winner, everything about this dance is just perfect. I was actually counting on a win in SD, which could give them an overall win even if Tessa and Scott are slightly better in the FD. Now, with this starting position, I am very anxious.

And after D/R's second place in short, with Reynolds currently leading men, I am even more anxious. The Canadians are doing suspiciously well so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Marie seems to be a popular choice with the ISU .
    Gee, how do you suppose she became the most popular girl at the dance?coughSC politickingcough-cough

vCash
    I have such mixed feelings now. I should want Chan to do well, cause maybe then there won't be so much pressure on pushing Tessa and Scott to win, but God, I just cannot stand him. I actually don't know whom I dislike more: Patrick or Scott. The worst outcome for me will be if they both win golds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post

And after D/R's second place in short, with Reynolds currently leading men, I am even more anxious. The Canadians are doing suspiciously well so far.
    They have also skated really well so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Have you watched the skates of any of these people at all or just making assumptions?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    This is the D/W thread. Can we stop the drift right now please?
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    OK. We've seen our fair share of crap from the media in the past couple weeks. Finally, here is one article which is actually a GOOD one!!! This one definitely made me smile.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Charlie wore the prince costume at practice tonight. Uploading pics and video now.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    And Meryl wore the alternate Giselle dress, with the different sleeves. They had an awesome practice, and Meryl did a gorgeous spiral at the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Charlie wore the prince costume at practice tonight. Uploading pics and video now.
    Thank you. Looking forward to it. I'm a little partial to the Hilarion costume.

Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    And Meryl wore the alternate Giselle dress, with the different sleeves. They had an awesome practice, and Meryl did a gorgeous spiral at the end.
    Awesome!

vCash
    It's looking to me as if Canada wants to OWN THE PODIUM like they did in Vancouver. They may not have judges on the single and dance panels, but they have tech or ref spots in every discipline.

vCash
    OK. We've seen our fair share of crap from the media in the past couple weeks. Finally, here is one article which is actually a GOOD one!!! This one definitely made me smile.
    Thanks for the link. I really liked the one you posted yesterday. I am glad they are feeling the love of the fans. I have no doubt they will be warmly received in competition. They seem to be well-loved in Canada, in spite of what some people might think

Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Thank you both for your reports. I hope you are having a great time at Worlds!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    It's looking to me as if Canada wants to OWN THE PODIUM like they did in Vancouver. They may not have judges on the single and dance panels, but they have tech or ref spots in every discipline.
    Is it impossible for a Canadian official to be fair?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jobelle View Post
    Not an ideal starting position...
    That's what I thought at first. But the more I think about it, it's clear that they'll be fresh off the warm-up, and will be focusing mainly on themselves, not V&M. OTOH, if D&W knock it out of the park, V&M will have about 10 minutes to think about it. Not an enviable position to be in.

vCash
    Awesome article! Meryl had mentioned her dyslexia in a classroom champions article earlier this year but I am amazed to learn about the extent of her vision challenges ... Depth perception issues can be scary! This team is so incredible!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash

vCash
    Thank you so much! Do you know if Anna is ok? I am so worried about her after seeing pics of that collision.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    Thank you so much! Do you know if Anna is ok? I am so worried about her after seeing pics of that collision.
    I saw her and Luca jogging and getting ready to practice in the next group, so she seemed okay.

vCash
    I saw her and Luca jogging and getting ready to practice in the next group, so she seemed okay.
    Thank you for that info, TaBFan. That is a huge relief. She is tough. Best of luck to them. Here's hoping for collision-free practices and warm-ups

Sending positive energy to Meryl and Charlie and all the skaters. I hope they all have an enjoyable experience

vCash
    Thanks for the video and photos TaBfan!! Great SD run through! I need to go back and watch a previous performance, but was the ending a tad bit different? Maybe it was the angle of the video but did Meryl have extra moves after the lift, before the ending pose?

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast