Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Meryl and Charlie will be skating today at the Ashland Ice House for a benefit.
    http://leesburg.patch.com/articles/o...e-house-sunday
    Oh, I wish I had known about this! That rink (it's the Ashburn Ice House ) a little over an hour away from me. Had I known, I totally would have gone. Odd that the Wash FSC didn't have anything about it on their website.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Oh, I wish I had known about this! That rink (it's the Ashburn Ice House ) a little over an hour away from me. Had I known, I totally would have gone. Odd that the Wash FSC didn't have anything about it on their website.
    Oops…I do see it is Ashburn now It is strange that even Meryl and Charlie did not tweet about this event? Perhaps it was extremely exclusive

vCash
    Add me to the group of people tired of SLY. I love Meryl and Charlie and I love this exhibition, when I saw it for the first time it made a huge impression on me by how mature and elegant and romantic it was. But enough is enough. I think the program is losing its uniqueness by being used so often, not to mention the song, which was quite new at the time they first used it, got so terribly overused it's hard to listen to right now. I'm sooooo fed up with it.

Dear Charlie and Meryl, I know you have probably more important things to work on, but please, I beg you, put us out of our misery and drop SLY already. At this point we'll be happy with you skating around and improvising, as long as it's not SLY again.

vCash
    http://officialr5.tumblr.com/

R5's tumblr with skater pics. Scroll down to see a picture with Meryl/Charlie and then with Jeremy Abbott.

vCash
    Meryl & Charlie are in the Disson show, Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular. Disson has a lot of practice & backstage photos on their facebook

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1882236&type=1

vCash
    "MAGICAL WIZARD HAIR!"
    This has to be part of the next thread title. Even though "Davis and White and The Magical Wizard Hair" sounds like a J.K Rowling novel

vCash
    YES! This moment can't be forgotten. It has to be the next thread title.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    This has to be part of the next thread title. Even though "Davis and White and The Magical Wizard Hair" sounds like a J.K Rowling novel
    Praying that Charlie's hair is not secretly a horcrux.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Just posted fan videos of their 2 programs in the "Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular" show thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3773810
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I wasn't prepared for the scream that fan lets out when D/W are announced My poor cat wasn't either, she jumped and ran out of the room

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    I will never understand how people don't find Meryl one of the most insanely beautiful people ever. She doesn't look real. She's like a painting and Charlie the magical wizard with his magical wizard hair brought her to life.

You cannot convince me that isn't a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    YES! This moment can't be forgotten. It has to be the next thread title.

ITA! Ha, ha, I just read that the name Meryl means "bright as the sea." So, perhaps the next D/W thread title could be:

Davis & White #16 Girl with sea-bright smile, Boy with magical wizard hair

Or: Mermaid & Golden-Haired Wizard Create Magic

Or: Bring Me to Life: Mona Lisa & The Wizard with Magical Hair

They could maybe even skate an exhibition to: Bring Me to Life by Evanescence
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvgR_mWGco

Or, even create a FD re tale of beautiful girl in a painting brought to life by a boy with magical wizard hair.

Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy
    Praying that Charlie's hair is not secretly a horcrux.

On the darker end of the spectrum, there's a song written by a group called Swans entitled:
    Golden Boy Swallowed by the Sea

But when I think of Meryl and Charlie, I think of bright and wonderful things, so let's keep it bright, by all means!
    Last edited by aftershocks; 12-18-2012 at 08:24 AM.

vCash
    We're not that close to a new thread but, since I'm pretty sure Meryl's hair is also magic, I'd just go with MAGICAL WIZARD HAIR and leave it at that.

I agree with everyone else. I'd rather see DF or a resurrection of Beyond the Sea, Billy Jean, Don't Stop Me Now, etc. than see any more of Someone Like You. Especially with every other skater on earth doing Adele.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    We're not that close to a new thread but, since I'm pretty sure Meryl's hair is also magic, I'd just go with MAGICAL WIZARD HAIR and leave it at that.
    I like the Harry Potter-ish theme idea for a thread title. However, the rate at which this thread moves, I can see the magical wizard hair taking a summer break by the time we need a new thread . We might need some backup plans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    I like the Harry Potter-ish theme idea for a thread title. However, the rate at which this thread moves, I can see the magical wizard hair taking a summer break by the time we need a new thread . We might need some backup plans.
    Don't worry - when USA Nationals and 4CC approach it will be going much faster .

Sorry - I am so incredibly late with my congratulations to Meryl and Charlie and all their fans. But now I am saying - those were two great skates! As a Tessa and Scott fan it was difficult for me to really appreciate them when watching the competition live, but later when I rewatched in a more peaceful mood, I could fully enjoy both performances . But I must say that already when I watched both the SD and the FD live I had a feeling that they were going to win. No matter how I love Tessa and Scott's SD, I can see that as a polka Meryl and Charlie's SD is better - as many have said, they have made the polka a highlight of their dance. And that is already an advantage, even in the case if Tessa and Scott skate their SD technically just as well. As for the FD - for me, it's not quite as interesting as Tessa and Scott's FD, but it's still really beautiful (and, yes, quite emotional), and in this season's competitions so far it has looked smoother than Tessa and Scott's 'Carmen'. I won't go into reasons why that might be, but that's how it is (imho).

I also want to say - I am one of those who prefered the previous choreo/moves with the (first) bell sounds.

As for the title of this thread - I absolutely don't agree with people who say that Meryl and Charlie have no connection, no emotion, and so far. They definitely have a connection - as many people have said, it's just different from Tessa and Scott's connection.

Congratulations one more time!

vCash
    D/W Ashburn Ice House performance

DF, not Someone Like You!
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shsocu View Post

Thanks for the link

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shsocu View Post

Great!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post

Yes, surely Meryl's hair is magical too, even tho' some have criticized how she styles it for Giselle SD. Yes, Meryl and Charlie are definitely both magical and they create magic together on the ice.

I still like the idea of Charlie bringing Meryl as painting to life though.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    D/W looked a lot sharper and more refined than their rivals. Some V/M fans are saying V/M gets better as the season goes on and they will beat D/W by Worlds. Not sure but V/M looked kind of out of it, similar to 2011. I was more impressed with V/M's lift than D/W's but the rest of the program was D/W all the way. I see a lot more passion and feeling in D/W which is weird since Carmen is supposed to be such great program music. There has been so much press about the Carmen program's fire and sexuality, but I just didn't see it. They looked almost bored. I don't want to jinx it but D/W was so much better than the competition. I hope this bodes well for the future year and a half.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I freaking love this picture.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast