Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Circuscandy I hope your tumblr does not go on forever cause I'm in love. I can't get enough, everything is so good and not just in the aesthetic sense. I read something about there once being a story and you working on being published? Will you let me know when you are?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I hope no one boos them in London. Or if some do boo them, that they are drowned out by cheers.
    I really doubt it. I'd be really shocked if they were.

vCash
    Outside of home, the first place I would love to see a skating competition is Canada. I think they've always been an enthusiastic and gracious audience. They could not have liked the outcome when Boitano won gold but you would never know it from their reaction. I don't know who will be atop of each podium next week but I'm glad I am going to see skaters in full arenas with folks who truly love and understand the sport.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I hope no one boos them in London. Or if some do boo them, that they are drowned out by cheers.
    I hope we don't have to hear "Canada! Canada!" being chanted as Meryl and Charlie take the ice as we did at the Olympics. Cheer for your own people on their time, thank you very much.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Circuscandy, your picture reminds me how much I am looking forward to that exhibition. I'm staying the extra day just to see that live.

vCash
    literaryfreak, I hope you'll come back and tell us all about it.

I have attended 2 really nice competitions in Canada, and at both, I the Canadian fans on the whole to be very kind to all the skaters, & very appreciative of good skating from any competitors when they see it; however, I haven't liked some of the stuff I've been readin here at FSU lately, and hope those people who are planning ahead of time to boo are just a small minority that will be drowned out by everyone else, or that they are just blowing off steam and won't really do it.

vCash
    Where have you read about people planning to boo?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I hope we don't have to hear "Canada! Canada!" being chanted as Meryl and Charlie take the ice as we did at the Olympics. Cheer for your own people on their time, thank you very much.
    People really did that? Had V/M just skated and it was left over reaction? That's disappointing to hear.

literaryfreak, I hope you'll come back and tell us all about it.

I have attended 2 really nice competitions in Canada, and at both, I the Canadian fans on the whole to be very kind to all the skaters, & very appreciative of good skating from any competitors when they see it; however, I haven't liked some of the stuff I've been readin here at FSU lately, and hope those people who are planning ahead of time to boo are just a small minority that will be drowned out by everyone else, or that they are just blowing off steam and won't really do it.
    I really hope not....

Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Where have you read about people planning to boo?!
    Well this post is not someone planning to boo but I would say is of the same mentality.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3856234

vCash
    This illustration of M&C is amazing!!
    That is so amazing circuscandy. Very cool indeed.

What was the crowd like at the GPF in Quebec City?

Looking good!
    Last edited by mollymgr; 03-08-2013 at 10:16 PM.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    People really did that? Had V/M just skated and it was left over reaction? That's disappointing to hear.
    M&C skated first after the warm-up, and the chanting began as the other skaters left the ice.

GPF crowd was fine, but since Scott fell in the SD and V/M were so far behind, there wasn't much doubt what the results would be. Not nearly as much energy in the crowd.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    M&C skated first after the warm-up, and the chanting began as the other skaters left the ice.
    Oh so overeager fans.

vCash
    Oh how classy, hoping teams get booed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Definitely in a class of their own.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    Circuscandy I hope your tumblr does not go on forever cause I'm in love. I can't get enough, everything is so good and not just in the aesthetic sense. I read something about there once being a story and you working on being published? Will you let me know when you are?!
    Thank you so so much! I am agent hunting for my novel at the moment (sadly, it lacks Meryl and Charlie and contains, surprisingly, a lot of circus!) and I will certainly let you know if/when anything happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Right? Sigh. I can't say I've ever hoped Tessa and Scott get booed. I can't say I've ever hoped that an athlete get booed at all. And I don't think Canada would want to go from having a reputation for being polite to having a reputation for being completely rude (as that comment says).

It's gonna be a fun week!

vCash
    New article.

vCash
    And that's Reuters, not USA Today or Phil Hersh.

I'm wishing them two perfect performances in London
    Last edited by DORISPULASKI; 03-09-2013 at 11:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    New article.
    Awful headline, and the article wasn't any better. I'm not even a D/W fan, but they deserve better than rehashed wuzrobbing (with some snide comments about Plushenko thrown in -). I checked what Sarkar wrote about last year's Worlds, and she tends to attribute things to skaters that they don't actually say outright - also, it doesn't look as though she felt that strongly about the results at the time. I just don't understand why it is that hard to write an article about what makes Meryl and Charlie special and successful without resorting to negativity about various other people involved in the sport... any number of FSUers could have done a better job of highlighting their strengths and appeal.

vCash
    I can't think why Reuters issued that article? thinking to drum up interest for worlds? Why people would read year old news, who knows?

vCash
    I can't think why Reuters issued that article? thinking to drum up interest for worlds? Why people would read year old news, who knows?
    The article isn't a year old. The whinging about the results in Nice is, however, a year old.

vCash
    I don't see anything wrong with the article.
    They said they would like to focus on what they can control. Are people expecting them to say that they were happy with their result last year? It is good because they are more hungry for the title this year than last year. The results in Nice were mentioned in the context of these things. That needed to be said a year later.

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast