Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 1011
  1. #541
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    148
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by suki View Post
    Charlie and DJ have the same hair

    And is just me, or does Charlie resemble a blonde version of the British actor Colin Firth (Pride & Prejudice, The King's Speech, Bridget Jones' Diary).
    No, it's not just you)) Some of my friends think the same.

  2. #542
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5115
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    Too Cute! I love this picture from the summer.
    http://i52.tinypic.com/2h2jak1.jpg
    That's not DJ I think that was another skater's dog or maybe Marina's (I remember vaguely when it was tweeted).

    This is DJ.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

  3. #543

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,150
    vCash
    862
    Rep Power
    5668
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    That's not DJ I think that was another skater's dog or maybe Marina's (I remember vaguely when it was tweeted).

    This is DJ.
    She makes a good cheerleader

  4. #544
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    That's not DJ I think that was another skater's dog or maybe Marina's (I remember vaguely when it was tweeted).

    This is DJ.
    Whoops I didn't mean to confuse anyone. I just thought I'd share it while we were on the topic of dogs. Something about a rink mascot went with the picture, so I don't know who he/she belongs to there.

  5. #545
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    Posts
    567
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I will not be able to unsee the Colin Firth--and I like it.

  6. #546

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    Posts
    2,468
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1968
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    I will not be able to unsee the Colin Firth--and I like it.


    If Charlie is Colin Firth, then a King's Speech/Beethoven's 7th Movt 2 FD next year should be right up their alley, no?

  7. #547
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    My mind automatically went, and ice unrealistic, went to Pride and Prejudice, but that music sounds awesome .
    Last edited by Jessiebanana; 02-14-2013 at 03:58 AM.

  8. #548

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,691
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post


    If Charlie is Colin Firth, then a King's Speech/Beethoven's 7th Movt 2 FD next year should be right up their alley, no?
    I love this music!!

    And I love this picture.

    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/photos...-964--spt.html
    Last edited by shan; 02-14-2013 at 03:53 AM.

  9. #549
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    That picture is so awesome. Meryl looks amazing.

  10. #550

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    Posts
    2,468
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1968
    Shan, that's one of my favorite pictures this entire season.


    En route home: http://instagram.com/p/Vr-B_AvPT8/
    Nice face, Charlie.

  11. #551
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    Posts
    567
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Shan, that's one of my favorite pictures this entire season.


    En route home: http://instagram.com/p/Vr-B_AvPT8/
    Nice face, Charlie.
    Assigned seating. Blond curly boys one one side. Brunette ladies on the other.

    And somehow Evan was the one to take that photo seriously. He looks positively cherubic!

  12. #552
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I love this from their FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...9bwXBlM#t=329s
    If Charlie looked at me like that I would melt.!

  13. #553

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,938
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I love this music!!

    And I love this picture.

    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/photos...-964--spt.html
    And to think that there are people who say they are not capable of demonstrating believable emotion and a connection! This is an incredible demonstration!

  14. #554

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    Posts
    3,814
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2089
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    My mind automatically went, and ice unrealistic, went to Pride and Prejudice, but that music sounds awesome .
    This! I can hear the opening music to the BBC P&P that Firth starred in - and see them skating so well to it....so many opportunities for character/acting. And who says they don't have connection and emotion? Good grief. People are either "prejudiced" themselves or just plain blind!

  15. #555

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,938
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    This! I can hear the opening music to the BBC P&P that Firth starred in - and see them skating so well to it....so many opportunities for character/acting. And who says they don't have connection and emotion? Good grief. People are either "prejudiced" themselves or just plain blind!
    ITA. Pride and Prejudice, the ultimate love story would be awesome. It's not clear how much of the film score is danceable and/or has sufficient tempo/variety to fuel a full program. Maybe one could meld some of the A&E soundtrack with that of the film. But didn't Meryl and Charlie indicate that they had already selected their Olympic FD music? In any event, I've attached some options from both

    Film Soundtrack options

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQgnEvQX3eM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPzY4zxuVWo

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F0M5...1E2F8730A8912E

    A&E Version Soundtrack

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWxPSnGoPG8

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R-Zg5es7mg

  16. #556
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    ITA. Pride and Prejudice, the ultimate love story would be awesome. It's not clear how much of the film score is danceable and/or has sufficient tempo/variety to fuel a full program. Maybe one could meld some of the A&E soundtrack with that of the film. But didn't Meryl and Charlie indicate that they had already selected their Olympic FD music? In any event, I've attached some options from both

    Film Soundtrack options

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQgnEvQX3eM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPzY4zxuVWo

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F0M5...1E2F8730A8912E

    A&E Version Soundtrack

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWxPSnGoPG8

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R-Zg5es7mg
    Lol, yeah I doubt they're reading these forums and waiting for our opinion to choose their Olympic FD music. The 1980's version also has some nice pieces, but I can't find the music separate from the movie.

    I wish they would do at least one season after the Olympics, regardless of the outcome, where they'd skate to something they really like that's completely out of the box without care for scores. I know they can do this in shows, but I'd like to see it more challenging than that.

  17. #557

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,862
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    The British Eurosport version of their EX and encore has just surfaced

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVWuuJ8I8h4

  18. #558
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    DWTS dancer critiques Meryl and Charlie in new IN article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

  19. #559
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm surprised no one told him the reason behind the lack of extension in that lift.

  20. #560

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,862
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    Quote Originally Posted by from the icenetwork DWTS article

    In particular, I was drawn to the Baryshnikov-esque passion exhibited authentically, throughout the performance, in different shades and colors, by Charlie. He comes across seamless and incredibly fluid, and I'm extremely impressed with his performance.In my opinion, passion is the most important element in any performance art, and it's a very difficult tightrope walk to achieve that balance between technical and emotional prowess. Nevertheless, this couple certainly delivers in those aspects.

    The connection between them is strong and expressive, while maintaining enough subtlety to perform the more sensitive moments of the routine. From the opening move to the closing, their portrayal of opposition, and yet desire for one another, was a highlight of this performance for me.
    Clearly, they have achieved this year's goal of improving emotional connection

    Meanwhile PJ Kwong thinks they are Kraft Cheese slices

    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...or-worlds.html

    Did anyone ever compare Baryshnikov to cheese of any sort???

    Regardless of the result, the difference between Virtue and Moir's Carmen and Davis and White's Notre Dame programs are like comparing a fine old cheddar cheese to Kraft slices. Both are yummy. Both have their place. But one is definitely finer than the other.
    Did no one ever tell PJ that old cheese...smells....and that all kinds of cheese are ....cheesy? This is a particularly inapt comparison for either team.

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •