Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    LOL, go DJ!
    DJ's been all over the place for the past couple weeks. Maybe she needs to be promoted to Mascot status

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    DJ needs to be there for the WTT and team competition at Sochi. Someone start knitting a wee American flag sweater.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Meryl and DJ made quite the adorable pair in that latest Classroom Champs video!

vCash
    I can still hear her adorable, "DEEJ!"

If I could give Meryl every dog, I probably would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Meryl and DJ made quite the adorable pair in that latest Classroom Champs video!
    Yes, I think it broke the cute meter as usual.

vCash

vCash
    I had really hoped to meet Meryl and Charlie when I was in Omaha for Nationals. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to but I did get to meet Tanith and DJ. He really is adorable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    If I could give Meryl every dog, I probably would.
    Every dog??

I did enjoy her pictures from the dog show she went to several weeks back. So cute!

vCash
    I respect everyone's beliefs here and I understand that some of you might be fans of both teams, however can we please talk about Meryl and Charlie. Enough of the crying for v/m. Were they (v/m fans) this sympathetic for Charlie at the last 4CC??? Hmm didn't think so. And what's the big deal about "tessa faking it"? If someone really did say it, then so what. There are ignorant people everywhere. Get over it.

V/M lost. Meryl and Charlie won. End of story.

sorry for sounding harsh but i am a little annoyed by this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    Hmm didn't think so. And what's the big deal about "tessa faking it"?
    Who, in this thread, said that Tessa was faking it?

vCash
    Maybe it would be easier if the element that was interrupted wasn't counted. That way, there's a punishment but no explicit deduction. Or maybe there should be a mandatory deduction in PCS, however that could work.
    They did change the rule about interruptions several years ago, after the infamous pairs incident where the lady fell on a throw and her partner was overheard telling her to "stay down" so they could get the do-over. Under the current rule, skaters are not allowed to repeat an element; the scoring resumes from the point they stopped skating. (I think the actual wording is that the skaters "resume from the point of the interruption" so they cannot go back and repeat whatever they fell on anymore. Here, I think V/M were allowed to do the lift because they never really attempted it in the first place. (We just know it was meant to be there from seeing the program before.)

And I would think that a high ranked team as V/M is capable of recovering. After all, it's how skaters usually train.
    Actually, muscle cramps in athletes work much like anyone else's. I think in Tessa's case, her compartment syndrome may cause a different sort of cramps, but for most folks, once a muscle starts cramping, it does not recover just by a couple minutes rest. (Anyone here recall Hunter Pence hobbling around the bases in the World Series last fall?) Ignoring muscle cramps is very risky, as those already tightened muscles are very prone to tearing when you try to stretch them out or make them work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    Actually, muscle cramps in athletes work much like anyone else's. I think in Tessa's case, her compartment syndrome may cause a different sort of cramps, but for most folks, once a muscle starts cramping, it does not recover just by a couple minutes rest. (Anyone here recall Hunter Pence hobbling around the bases in the World Series last fall?) Ignoring muscle cramps is very risky, as those already tightened muscles are very prone to tearing when you try to stretch them out or make them work.
    I wasn't meaning recovering from the cramp, I meant in regards to artistry. Skaters often don't do full run-throughs which means they have to be in character, then they pause, get back into character. Jessie was referring to the interruption harming the artistry which I think wouldn't be that much of an issue since skaters seem to be used to "interrupt" their program while training.

(That Tessa wasn't visibly stretching her leg was actually what caught my attention and made me think that, hopefully, for her sake, it's really "just" a cramp and nothing more. ... And apologies to anyone for the on-going off-topic)

vCash
    I respect everyone's beliefs here and I understand that some of you might be fans of both teams, however can we please talk about Meryl and Charlie. Enough of the crying for v/m. Were they (v/m fans) this sympathetic for Charlie at the last 4CC??? Hmm didn't think so. And what's the big deal about "tessa faking it"? If someone really did say it, then so what. There are ignorant people everywhere. Get over it.

I'm a V/M fan and I was sympathetic to Charlie's issue last year at 4CC. I appreciate any D/W fans (or otherwise) concern for Tessa. We are all human beings after all. We are not all heartless. Just sayin'

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash

sry2say but having asthma is practically nothing compared to having chronic exertional compartment syndrome
    (btw this is coming from someone who suffers from asthma too.)

vCash

Well, there goes that subject change.

Anyway, the gala is on right now! Can't wait to see their Fade into You ex again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    Who, in this thread, said that Tessa was faking it?
    Someone, at the very least, referenced a discussion in which the theory that V&M stopped because they were afraid to lose to D&W was put forth upthread ("breather incident")...I'll give that person the benefit of the doubt and hope that they were not implying that, but that is how the topic came up. In any case, those people and those people alone are responsible for their actions. All fans of a team should not have to share the blame for their insensitive and ignorant comments.

Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    I'm a V/M fan and I was sympathetic to Charlie's issue last year at 4CC. I appreciate any D/W fans (or otherwise) concern for Tessa. We are all human beings after all. We are not all heartless. Just sayin'
    and as I recall, you were not alone in that. I think a lot fans concerned about the health of other/rival skaters. I agree, it is nice to see such support.

rainbowkisses, I realize this is a public forum and you can say what you want, but do you really have to go there?

Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    Well, there goes that subject change.

Anyway, the gala is on right now! Can't wait to see their Fade into You ex again.
    can't wait top see it! They are in the second half of the show. Here is a link to the Brit Eurosport stream (thanks, Fort!)

http://88.80.15.211/b00ha/20130207/v...04-521679.html

I can't wait to hear their thoughts on this EX!

vCash
    didn't want it to end...just gorgeous. and the Brit Eurosport commentator, Chris, loved it and said that you just can't take your eyes off them! also, super-cute moment: in the finale Meryl took the hands of the flower girl she was paired with and started dancing with her. soooo sweet!

vCash
    I hadn't seen this exhibition of theirs yet -- loved it.

vCash
    I think the choreography in this new ex is just exquisite. It's very touching and Meryl's dress is just

I was thinking that I'd like to see a reverse lift next season, a la Samson and Delilah. My stream (well, computer) got a bit skippy so I don't know if they changed it, but at Nats they slipped that lift into the exhibition. I liked seeing it again!

vCash
    Is there a video?

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast