Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

vCash
    Meryl Davis is a tiny, fierce warrior! She was the only one of the top four skaters who didn't look like she needed medical after the programs. She amazes me.

vCash
    There is so much I'd like to say about the "breather" incident but I think I'll take the path that, in my opinion, Meryl and Charlie would take. Great job to all skaters and congrats to the 4 Continent champs! Well done Meryl and Charlie!
    When you change the way you look at things, everything you look at changes.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    Meryl Davis is a tiny, fierce warrior! She was the only one of the top four skaters who didn't look like she needed medical after the programs. She amazes me.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again! That girl, excuse me, woman is a force!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Thanks for the videos

vCash
    Thank you for the videos! Love the interview. Meryl is gorgeous and Charlie's messy hair look is mighty fine.
    When you change the way you look at things, everything you look at changes.

vCash

vCash
    Yay for Meryl and Charlie for such an amazing performance under such challenging conditions Kudos to Charlie for performing at the limit of his abilities despite being absolutely exhausted, and I second the admiration towards Meryl - she seems so slender and tiny, but there's indeed great strength and determination in her that you can't help admiring.

And I hope Tessa is OK

vCash
    Tweeted by @HaileyIMG:
    "Congrats 3 Time Four Continents Champs @Meryl_Davis & @CharlieaWhite #TeamUSA #4CC2013 Banzai!!!"
    Photo: https://twitter.com/HaileyIMG/status...976896/photo/1
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Congrats to Meryl and Charlie!! I thought this was their best outing of ND in terms of smoothness and ease. And I still think there's room to grow for Worlds! They are amazing! So happy for them!

vCash
    I loved Meryl & Charlie's skate, but I just hope Tessa is OK :cry: :sad:

vCash
    I'm sure Tessa is just fine. Worlds are in Canada, they aren't going to miss that one.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    According to Lynn Rutherford, Tessa felt a cramp in her legs.
    It could be worse, but it's definitely not the most pleasant experience, especially on the ice.

vCash
    WOW!! Just when I think they couldn't get any better, M/C prove me wrong. That was an amazing performance. Thanks for posting the videos.

How does Meryl keep from getting whiplash at the end? The way her head snaps around scares me.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Loved how the audience instantly leaped to their feet once the FD was over. You don't see that often in ice dance.

Oh and their twizzles are back to being the best in the world.

vCash
    Loved how the audience instantly leaped to their feet once the FD was over. You don't see that often in ice dance.
    Yet it happens so often for Meryl and Charlie

vCash
    Congratulations to Meryl and Charlie! What a wonderful season they're having!

Gotta say, the thought of having them around for just one more season is more than depressing. I seriously don't know how ice dance could've existed without them before and I sure as hell don't know how it will exist after they retire. Same for Tessa and Scott, actually. You don't see such high-level, out-of-this-world rivalries in ice dance very often. The discipline will just not be the same without the 4 of them...
    I know I should just enjoy the moment and appreciate how blessed we are now to be heading into an Olympic season with this amazing rivalry ahead, but people everywhere keep talking about how it's only 1 year left till Sochi and I just can't help myself. Especially that Meryl and Charlie do nothing but improve and one can only wonder how far they could develop if they stayed for a couple of seasons more.

On the other hand, it will probably be a relief for the other teams. It must suck to know there is only one spot on the podium free to take

vCash
    What a wonderful performance! Notre Dame has just developed so much over the season, and this was by far their best performance yet this season. I still think there's even more room to grow, though. I'd really like to see them add a few more choreographic touches, a few in betweens. I watched V/M's Carmen today for the first time all season, and I have mixed feelings about it- I really like the nods to modern dance, but I don't know if I just don't like the overall package. But they do have more transitions than D/W currently do, and I'd like to see that difference eliminated.
    (
    I love the passion D/W always skate with, and they truly left it all on the ice today. So happy for them, and good luck to them (and all the other teams) in preparations going forward to Worlds!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    The program's last minute is choreographed (and performed) perfectly so that it ends in such intensity. The Japanese audience, though, is just awesome. LOVED the rhythmic clapping in anticipation of the marks. Also, I thought it was funny when Marina's face popped on the screen for just a second after the marks were revealed--and then she scampered away.

It will be interesting to see how the audience in London reacts if Meryl and Charlie skate lights out like they did today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    The program's last minute is choreographed (and performed) perfectly so that it ends in such intensity. The Japanese audience, though, is just awesome. LOVED the rhythmic clapping in anticipation of the marks. Also, I thought it was funny when Marina's face popped on the screen for just a second after the marks were revealed--and then she scampered away.

It will be interesting to see how the audience in London reacts if Meryl and Charlie skate lights out like they did today.
    I agree. That last minute is just electric, and I love how they build the program with more sustained movement in the beginning and then sharper ones with the music changes. I know I have said this several times before, but their spin is just I love Meryl's shoulders at the end...really works with the music beautifully. I loved this program at its debut, and my love for it has only grown. I just respect Charlie so much for pushing himself outside of his comfort zone to depict the story of the hunchback. He is really throwing himself into his character. and Meryl is gorgeous as Esmeralda.

This was also my favourite outing of ND as I feel that they were best able to express choreographic intention in this performance. They are so comfortable with the choreography now that they are really showing us the contrast between the different sections, highlighting the changes in mood and tone. It reminds me of watching S&D develop--by 4CC and culminating at worlds, they were able to bring light and shade to the program, as Tracy Wilson so aptly put it. It is such a pleasure to watch this program unfold, to see them bring these characters to life. And the ending pose is just awesome. The energy just builds and the electricity seems to shoot out of them in that last pose. The audience reaction was wonderful. I LOVE the Japanese fans.

and yes, Meryl is a little warrior!

Congratulations, Meryl and Charlie!

If they skate lights out in London, I expect a similar reaction. A lot of us Canadians are D&W ubers, and I can tell you that they received a hearty ovation from the Toronto SOI audience last May.

My thoughts go out Tessa, Fabian, Kaitlyn, and all the other dancers struggling with injury. ((()))

and happy new year to those celebrating today!

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast