Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    .07 away from a 60 in PCS.

vCash
    So incredible! I saw a lot of improvement in their step sequences. A great score, but I'd love to see how an international panel would judge that performance. Overall, I'm feeling verrry confident for 4CC and Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis&WhiteFan View Post
    So incredible! I saw a lot of improvement in their step sequences. A great score, but I'd love to see how an international panel would judge that performance. Overall, I'm feeling verrry confident for 4CC and Worlds.
    If they called the same levels, I'd bet it would match or slightly exceed their personal best. So maybe five or six points less? 112-113? Like last year, they've done about a two point improvement per outing. But last year at this point their technical marks began to nosedive and they became stuck at 107.

vCash
    I felt pretty confident this time last year, and we all know how THAT worked out.

I love the changes and improvements. The new spiral is IT, and their expression gets better every time. Charlie has pushed himself so much this year and it shows in every movement. I've always loved him, but he is just at a different level. And Meryl has always been just as fierce as she could be.

Nervous as always looking toward 4CC, but I love it when they skate in Japan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    If they called the same levels, I'd bet it would match or slightly exceed their personal best. So maybe five or six points less? 112-113? Like last year, they've done about a two point improvement per outing. But last year at this point their technical marks began to nosedive and they became stuck at 107.

Well, here's to hoping that won't happen this year! I have complete faith in them.

As an aside, I think Meryl & Charlie's music choice for the FD this year was especially wise, considering that Notre Dame de Paris is an uber popular French-Canadian musical and Worlds just so happens to be in Canada this year.

vCash
    Oh dear, what a score. For the US judges the sky is the limit, isn't it?

Anyways, so glad Meryl and Charlie are still kicking ass. Hope it stays that way for the rest of the season. I wish nothing more for them than to go into the Olympic season as... you know

Off topic, but I really can't help but feel sorry for Emily Samuelson whenever I see Chock/Bates do well. She's such a talent. I still keep rewatching their Canto della Terra from Vancouver, it was one of the most striking FDs that night.

Ok, so where's my video of M&C's FD?

vCash
    Wow, what a score! Nationals inflation, yes, but sounds like it was quite the performance. Can't wait to see video!

The only thing I'm sad about is Hubbell/Donohue; after D/W they're my favorite US team. It's so impressive how much they've improved in the past year, and that can only continue as they go forward. I'm sad they won't be in London though, I was rooting for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Oh dear, what a score. For the US judges the sky is the limit, isn't it?

Anyways, so glad Meryl and Charlie are still kicking ass. Hope it stays that way for the rest of the season. I wish nothing more for them than to go into the Olympic season as... you know

Off topic, but I really can't help but feel sorry for Emily Samuelson whenever I see Chock/Bates do well. She's such a talent. I still keep rewatching their Canto della Terra from Vancouver, it was one of the most striking FDs that night.

Ok, so where's my video of M&C's FD?
    I love Evan as a skater, but Emily bored me to tears. Together they were a meh team. Technically she's great, but Chock/Bates have more of a connection and are fun. Actually Chock/Bates remind me a lot of Tanith/Ben. Ben was naturally a better skater than Tanith, but she tried really hard and they worked well together. Not to mention they're both gorgeous.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Spectacular. I got a little misty-eyed watching them take their bows, realizing this was their 5th National title and remembering when they won their 1st.

Is it me or have their twizzles actually improved? Sometimes they'd be just a tad off in the past, but they were 100% in unison at all times and so smooth here in both programs. And that spiral is of course breath-taking, I hope they don't shorten it. We rarely get to see ice dancers sustain an edge like that outside lifts. I love the irony that they've put in what is essentially a pair element, when they used to get flack for looking like a pairs team.

I am loving the score too. Judge #1 gave D/W a perfect score: all +3 GOEs and all 10s. Perhaps the judges will give D/W perfect PCS, if not the magic perfect score, if they skate lights out at next year's Nationals? Would it be the first time in CoP history?

vCash
    Congratulations to Meryl and Charlie on their 5th National ice dance title. So amazing in every way as usual!!!

vCash
    NBC opened the primetime show with Meryl and Charlie's FD! So glad they are being showcased like that.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    I can't wait to see it! We're not getting the ladies live on the west coast, alas.

(At least we got ice dance live!)

vCash
    The beginning is a bit cut off, but someone has posted it!

http://youtu.be/A6FJeYztaeI

vCash
    Holy cow. I hadn't seen their FD yet this season (yes, I'm a bad person), but I just saw the one from Nats...WOW. Stunningly beautiful; without a doubt my favorite FD of them so far. I've always LOVED them but never thought they had the same type of chemistry as V/M, but this...wow. So connected, so much flow. And Meryl is gorgeous; she should wear that color and makeup all the time because it's beeeeeeeyewtiful.

Wow, I'm so glad that I get to be here for their career. We all really are lucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    The beginning is a bit cut off, but someone has posted it!

http://youtu.be/A6FJeYztaeI
    Thank you! Love the emotion in the Esmeralda part.

vCash
    Just got to see their performance! That was the first time that I truly "felt" that program. They were magical! I love the intensity and passion of the program and the new spiral sequence is just lovely! And I'm totally and that crazy depth in U.S ice dance. The final flight, especially the top 4, were amazing! Definitely the best FD competition I have ever seen at Nationals!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Just got to see their performance! That was the first time that I truly "felt" that program. They were magical! I love the intensity and passion of the program and the new spiral sequence is just lovely! And I'm totally and that crazy depth in U.S ice dance. The final flight, especially the top 4, were amazing! Definitely the best FD competition I have ever seen at Nationals!
    Same here! I feel like I finally "got" it today, and I was stunned. To think it will only grow from here! D/W have always had their best performance at Worlds (only exception may be Eleanor Rigby, but only because the Nationals one is so ). And thankfully 4CCs isn't in Colorado this year.
    Last edited by literaryfreak; 01-27-2013 at 07:06 AM.

vCash
    Meryl and Charlie were really stunning - it was their best performance of FD this year. I had goosebumps despite an awful stream quality and 3 in the morning.
    But my personal joy was Madison and Evan, they're gorgeous, and I'm afraid these guys won't give me any break when Meryl and Charlie decide to leave.))
    But most of all, I'm really happy for Igor - he really deserved that. When I met him at Finlandia Trophy and started to tell him, how much I just love Chock and Bates and their dances this season, he beamed.

vCash
    It would have been great to have a thought bubble above Meryl's head when the camera captured her after Chock and Bates's marks. Or for the sake of diplomacy--maybe not. From the outside looking in, the Michigan ice dance scene is so fascinating. From the inside--I can only imagine.

vCash
    What an amazing performance. I feel so lucky to have been there to see it in person. The speed, the connection, it was just awesome. I am not ashamed to admit that I cried. It made next month's credit card bill worthwhile.

And my friend that came for the afternoon and evening sessions thought the ice dancers were the best of the day and thinks maybe she should start following the sport!

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast