Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 1011
  1. #801

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,866
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    Exactly so. No sooner did Ashley Wagner qualify for the GPF then the icenetwork (wholly owned by USFSA) GPF ads were a big picture of Ashley and a tiny little one of Meryl & Charlie...and that's how USFSA views things, IMO.

    And for that matter, as part of their stuff they ran a nice puff piece on Tessa & Scott reworking their SD before 4CCs.

    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

    BTW, Lynn Rutherford who wrote the piece is not an occasional writer for IN, but perhaps their most frequent writer.

    The one thing they did that might have been strategic is to tell Lois Elfman, when she asked, to use the most recent version of their FDs to show to whomever she picked as a dancer to critique programs, when the most recent V&M FD was Canadian Nationals, and the most recent D&W version was GPF. I thought V&M's Canadians performance was perhaps their weakest of the season (they had changed quite a lot of parts since GPF); that might have been strategic by USFSA. Or just obliviousness.
    Last edited by DORISPULASKI; 03-10-2013 at 10:58 PM.

  2. #802

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,151
    vCash
    862
    Rep Power
    5668
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Exactly so. No sooner did Ashley Wagner qualify for the GPF then the icenetwork (wholly owned by USFSA) GPF ads were a big picture of Ashley and a tiny little one of Meryl & Charlie...and that's how USFSA views things, IMO.

    And for that matter, as part of their stuff they ran a nice puff piece on Tessa & Scott reworking their SD before 4CCs.

    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

    BTW, Lynn Rutherford who wrote the piece is not an occasional writer for IN, but perhaps their most frequent writer.

    The one thing they did that might have been strategic is to tell Lois Elfman, when she asked, to use the most recent version of their FDs to show to whomever she picked as a dancer to critique programs, when the most recent V&M FD was Canadian Nationals, and the most recent D&W version was GPF. I thought V&M's Canadians performance was perhaps their weakest of the season (they had changed quite a lot of parts since GPF); that might have been strategic by USFSA. Or just obliviousness.
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Hmmm…according to Lois' response from facebook:
    The video of Davis & White came from the U.S. Championships. The video of Virtue & Moir came from the Canadian Championships (I gave him the links prior to 4C). The Russian and Italian teams were their free dances from the European Championships. So for each it was the most recent free dance.

    So I don't think the USFSA had anything to do with that. She just picked the most recent ones for each team.

  3. #803
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,007
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I have news for you that may come as quite a shock, so hold on to your hats. PJ Kwong has predicted that V/M will win the 2013 world title.

    If one needed more proof as to the fact that she is a blind uber (and a hyporcite) then you need look no further than her worlds predictions. She predicts Javier Fernandez(yay!) will win the world title based on "momentum" and, in her own words, Patrick Chan's season of "inconsistent results". Yet, when we get to dance, where V/M have had a season of inconsistent results, have yet to win, and momentum behind D/W, she predicts V/M will win.

    Oh well, I hope D/W win! Mainly because I love them, and also because I'm dying to know what PJ will compare them to next. My money is on labelling V/M a fine aged Chardonnay and D/W a box of Zinfandel.

  4. #804

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,151
    vCash
    862
    Rep Power
    5668
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    I have news for you that may come as quite a shock, so hold on to your hats. PJ Kwong has predicted that V/M will win the 2013 world title.

    If one needed more proof as to the fact that she is a blind uber (and a hyporcite) then you need look no further than her worlds predictions. She predicts Javier Fernandez(yay!) will win the world title based on "momentum" and, in her own words, Patrick Chan's season of "inconsistent results". Yet, when we get to dance, where V/M have had a season of inconsistent results, have yet to win, and momentum behind D/W, she predicts V/M will win.

    Oh well, I hope D/W win! Mainly because I love them, and also because I'm dying to know what PJ will compare them to next. My money is on labelling V/M a fine aged Chardonnay and D/W a box of Zinfandel.
    I always rely on my trusty box of Zinfandel when I'm going through some rough times. It washes down my pack of Kraft slices with ease.

  5. #805

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,691
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    I always rely on my trusty box of Zinfandel when I'm going through some rough times. It washes down my pack of Kraft slices with ease.

  6. #806
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    Posts
    567
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Exactly so. No sooner did Ashley Wagner qualify for the GPF then the icenetwork (wholly owned by USFSA) GPF ads were a big picture of Ashley and a tiny little one of Meryl & Charlie...and that's how USFSA views things, IMO.
    It's so frustrating, too. Ashley (and I really enjoy her and do want her to do well, and this is hardly her fault) wins her GP events and she's got sponsors coming from left and right. Meryl and Charlie could gild an entire house with their gold medals and they're world champions and only now do they get a large corporate sponsor? It's not as though they're not marketable. They're gorgeous, warm, professional people.

    But ranting about it won't do anything except raise my blood pressure.

    Whatever, then. I love them, and will always love them, even if PJ Kwong thinks they're Kraft singles and cold duck and the powers-that-be don't care about ice dancing.

  7. #807

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,866
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    No, no. The Zinf is too good. PJ will compare them to Boone Farm Fuzzy Navel flavor wine coolers. Or maybe Mad Dog 20/20

    or Ripple or Night Train Express

  8. #808

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,151
    vCash
    862
    Rep Power
    5668
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    No, no. The Zinf is too good. PJ will compare them to Boone Farm Fuzzy Navel flavor wine coolers.
    It will be easy to match the flavors on the right to their SD and FD costumes.

  9. #809

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    Posts
    2,468
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1968
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    I always rely on my trusty box of Zinfandel when I'm going through some rough times. It washes down my pack of Kraft slices with ease.
    D/W victory dinner!

  10. #810
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    I always rely on my trusty box of Zinfandel when I'm going through some rough times. It washes down my pack of Kraft slices with ease.
    Thank you. I needed a good laugh tonight.

  11. #811

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,151
    vCash
    862
    Rep Power
    5668
    More about Meryl's Canadian roots, this time with some pictures (no hateful comments so far, until the vultures get wind of it )
    http://www.teamusa.org/Road-to-Sochi...Sh02BA.twitter

  12. #812
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chipocalypse, Chicago
    Posts
    612
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    While I was looking for a live stream to share with you guys, I came across this: http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesu...ite/index.html.
    I find it very unusual that it is geoblocked in ALL of the "major" skating countries. So basically those in Australia, Africa and South America can only view it. Do they even know what "ice" is? lol

  13. #813

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,564
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    41646
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    While I was looking for a live stream to share with you guys, I came across this: http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesu...ite/index.html.
    I find it very unusual that it is geoblocked in ALL of the "major" skating countries. So basically those in Australia, Africa and South America can only view it. Do they even know what "ice" is? lol
    The ISU's live stream of Worlds is available only to the countries that have not bought TV broadcast rights.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  14. #814
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,316
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I thought V&M's Canadians performance was perhaps their weakest of the season (they had changed quite a lot of parts since GPF)
    Sorry for continuing on that here, but I just can't agree. All the problems that they had in the FD was on the elements that they hadn't changed since the first outing at Skate Canada - problems that they hadn't had before. Two overheld lifts, a weird one-time problem in the spin, loss of levels on one of the two lifts that were overheld (the combination lift - Tessa didn't hold the first lift position long enough). Other than that, the overall skating, step sequences, the kicking move, the changed choreo lift all looked smoother than they had before. And in terms of expression it was, imho, also the best performance of the season.

  15. #815
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    It's so frustrating, too. Ashley (and I really enjoy her and do want her to do well, and this is hardly her fault) wins her GP events and she's got sponsors coming from left and right. Meryl and Charlie could gild an entire house with their gold medals and they're world champions and only now do they get a large corporate sponsor? It's not as though they're not marketable. They're gorgeous, warm, professional people.

    But ranting about it won't do anything except raise my blood pressure.

    Whatever, then. I love them, and will always love them, even if PJ Kwong thinks they're Kraft singles and cold duck and the powers-that-be don't care about ice dancing.
    OMG YES. Meryl and Charlie are, by what seems to be natural temperament, like every sports sponsors dream come true and what does the USFSA do with that? Nothing. Can't handle it.

  16. #816
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    OMG YES. Meryl and Charlie are, by what seems to be natural temperament, like every sports sponsors dream come true and what does the USFSA do with that? Nothing. Can't handle it.
    Well, they did just sign a deal with Kelloggs. isn't that pretty major?

  17. #817
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,410
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    More about Meryl's Canadian roots, this time with some pictures (no hateful comments so far, until the vultures get wind of it )
    http://www.teamusa.org/Road-to-Sochi...Sh02BA.twitter
    Her gran is lovely.

  18. #818
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    34
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Jackie Wong's top 10 predictions for dance at Worlds: http://www.examiner.com/article/2013...or-the-top-ten

  19. #819
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    Posts
    567
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    This competition is going to be something else. I'm so curious/nervous/excited.

  20. #820

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    782
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3147
    Has anyone seen or heard practice reports from this morning?

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •