Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

vCash
    I found the headline extremely nasty.

This person also did an unpleasant interview with Patrick Chan that put him in a bad light.

It's by the same journalist, Pritha Sarkar, who wrote the controversial "Patrick Chan trapped between two worlds" article before the December 2011 Grand Prix Final: http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/1...dChannel=11709

for which Chan was hauled over the coals.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    It's by the same journalist, Pritha Sarkar, who wrote the controversial "Patrick Chan trapped between two worlds" article before the December 2011 Grand Prix Final: http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/1...dChannel=11709
    Yes, I pointed this fact out over at GS as well as in GSD: Bizarrely titled Reuters article on Davis & White.

The journalist may not have come up with the article headline, but I thought the article was written in a pot-stirring way.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Yes, so do I. I guess skating is only supposed to be interesting in Reuters-World if there's a scandal It appears Sarakar is a regular contributor over there.

vCash
    Yikes! When I first read the article I wondered if V/M or Plushy kicked her dog. That is great if she likes D/W but there was no need to stir a pot that is already starting to boil. When features are written this way I'm not sure whether she truly supports D/W or if she wants to send little digs to the skaters she dislikes.

vCash
    What a horribly written article, all over the place, totally exaggeration of facts to incite controversy.

vCash
    Here is another one.

I'm wondering if DFP will have a new one tomorrow. They usually have one before all major events.

vCash
    Much nicer!

vCash
    While the Rueters article did stir a boiling pot, I still liked what M&C had to say. I feel like they do, no sense to make a fuss, its in the past and we can't control it. I just want to see D/W as World champs again, that would be the best!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    While the Rueters article did stir a boiling pot, I still liked what M&C had to say. I feel like they do, no sense to make a fuss, its in the past and we can't control it. I just want to see D/W as World champs again, that would be the best!
    I agree

vCash
    Also as far as the title, we know to "put something on ice" means you don't do it, D/W don't throw tantrums. The fact that they are ice skaters does make the play on words a little weird, though.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Also as far as the title, we know to "put something on ice" means you don't do it, D/W don't throw tantrums. The fact that they are ice skaters does make the play on words a little weird, though.
    She lost the effect in double punning it, like a double negative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    She lost the effect in double punning it, like a double negative.
    It worked in the sense that it let you know the rest of the article would be poorly written.

vCash
    New Classroom Champions video with a special appearance by DJ .

vCash
    Thanks! DJ is such a cutie!

vCash
    Thank you for posting. They are wonderful role models and i am so happy they are doing this video series. And i love the interaction between Meryl and DJ--"furry friends are the best!" indeed

vCash
    Looking back at this performance, and I have to say, wow D/W were so good then and they've gotten even better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItdY-lst8yI

vCash
    Thanks for posting this!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Looking back at this performance, and I have to say, wow D/W were so good then and they've gotten even better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItdY-lst8yI
    Goodness! I don't think I've watched that particular performance in a few years .... I usually prefer to go back and watch their Olympics one instead. The amount of improvement between nationals and the Olympics that year is pretty incredible. But their improvement between the Olympics and now is even more incredible IMO.

vCash
    What do you all think about the notion that the USFSA is making an effort to get M/C another World title? I see interviews from the usual pre Worlds teleconference. But other than the human interest angle in that Canadian article about Meryl's grandmother and the crazy Reuters article I don't see anything out of the ordinary. And for those 2 I can't see USFSA being behind them. I still don't see them caring so much about dance (or pairs really).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    What do you all think about the notion that the USFSA is making an effort to get M/C another World title? I see interviews from the usual pre Worlds teleconference. But other than the human interest angle in that Canadian article about Meryl's grandmother and the crazy Reuters article I don't see anything out of the ordinary. And for those 2 I can't see USFSA being behind them. I still don't see them caring so much about dance (or pairs really).

I think the USFSA fulfills the minimum support requirement, when it comes to ice dance/pairs, with an article or press conference here and there. All other articles were independently written or they would've showed up on icenetwork or the USFSA website, which is essentially their official stamp of approval. The only time USFSA gets excited is when Evan is attempting a comeback or they see potential in the next ladies champion. In that case, one doesn't have any doubt whether the USFSA is making an effort.

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast