Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    I pretty much agree! Meryl has always been quite expressive. She knows how to get into a character, stay in that character, and project that character. Charlie is just not a natural actor. But he's worked on it, and his Quasi is pretty darn stunning. Although he is such a full-body performer that his lack of facial expression probably doesn't come through to those who favor watching him over watching Meryl (where I watch Meryl most of the time, the Eurosport boys GUSH over Charlie and rarely say anything about Meryl). He takes everything to its fullest. ON THE LIMIT. AT A TEN. As Nicky or Chris would say.

As far as the Shibs go, I think it's just a combination of problem programs and, like you said, amazing talent finally getting polished. Madison and Evan had a rather dodgy debut season, after all. I sort of suspected that if they got it together, they would be great. If the Shibs had not received two points of extended lift deductions at Nats, they'd have been in silver and been second in the FD. They still get higher PCS. It's their SD that is causing them problems this time, and both programs were basically a bit lackluster last year. But their debut package was so great that it would have been hard to top right away. Next season, with the Finnstep, they better have a total A GAME SHORT DANCE. They are a gorgeous couple and an absolute asset to Team USA, in terms of their off-ice creativity and personalities.

vCash
    He takes everything to its fullest.
    His skating has that quality that gymnastics scoring used to call amplitude. Six athletes can do the same move cleanly, but one of them just looks bigger and more impressive. I'm not sure there is a place to reward that in either sport these days.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Ben would have been a hoot.

Heck he would still be a hoot.

They've had people with dance training on dwts before-it depends on who the show organizers want; it's not like it's the Olympics or something.
    YES to a DWTS with Ben Agosto and Meryl and Charlie. I never watch the show but I'd tune in for that.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    YES to a DWTS with Ben Agosto and Meryl and Charlie. I never watch the show but I'd tune in for that.
    That would definitely be worth watching -- at least for the time at least one of those three are there.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Would they be cast as the amateurs, or as the professionals? I can't really see them fitting in either group.

I'd love to see them on a show like SYTYCD.

vCash
    Well, if I were doing the show (which of course no one would ever want), it would be all ice dancers as amateurs, with the couples split up dancing with professionals. It would answer the endless questions about who is the best male dancer, who the best female dancers (plus I'd get to see a lot more of my favorite ice dancers.

But what might happen is an all Olympic show? That might be fun, too.

vCash
    I was just watching their 4CC ex with my mom (she's not a regular skating fan, just sometimes joins me when I'm watching) and just a couple of seconds into the program she asked me if they were an off ice couple.

Which for me is a pretty good proof that their connection is more than fine.

Just to join the discussion about concentrating on Meryl vs concentrating on Charlie - for me part of what makes them such an incredible dance team is that they both keep my attention equally, while in most other teams (V/M included) it's the girl that grabs all attention (hell, in the case of many teams I don't even know what the guy looks like, cause I have all of my attention on the girl). This is also why I think Charlie is one of the best male ice dancers I've seen, it takes a hell lot for a guy to be as much noticeable as Meryl Davis.

And then not every female ice dancer would still be noticeable skating with a guy like Charlie White. They were truly made for each other.

vCash
    I agree, mia, that they are made for each other. I'm the same way, watching them both. They are both so exciting in their movements and I think their expression is incredible, they project to the top seats, truly inviting the audience to experience their joy of skating. No other dance team gives me that feeling of excitement combined with excellence in technique. When I think of other dance teams there are some that have that excitement factor for me, W/P and I/K for example, but they don't equal them in tech excellence. Can't argue V/M's technique and they used to have that excitement factor for me but it disappeared along the way. I even saw them live and while I admired their performance, they just didn't give me that thrill. It's funny how there's just always that intangible quality that makes you enjoy one skater or team over another.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    On the subject of DWTS. I think it would be cool if, after the olympics, they did something like DWTS with a twist, take the pros from DTWTS and pair them with an ice dancer. It would be fun to see the pros become the students.

vCash
    That would be cool, too-

you mean in the vein of the Torvill & Dean reality show on the BBC where celebrities skate, only this time it will be dancers learning to dance on skates?

I think that would work, especially since so many of the DWTS folks have worked with teams in Michigan (& I think Canada as well??)

It would be cool to have the students teaching the teachers.

vCash
    Yes, like a ballroom competition on ice

vCash
    For some reason I was thinking Worlds were at the end of March...woohoo, its right around the corner!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    For some reason I was thinking Worlds were at the end of March...woohoo, its right around the corner!
    I feel more nervous about this Worlds than any other, I think!

vCash
    Yeah me too but I trust Meryl and Charlie to be ready to fight!

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Just saw this beautiful montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiK-dcDJHEU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Just saw this beautiful montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiK-dcDJHEU
    That is amazing! Thanks for the link.

vCash
    Gorgeous montage! So perfect with that amazing Hans Zimmer music. Meryl and Charlie just give me goosebumps every time I watch them skate! Thanks for the link!

vCash
    Oh my god Time. I listen to that song and it makes me want to roll on the floor sobbing.

What a gorgeous montage.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I've thought for a while that D/W would be to music from Inception. I admit it would be too abstract to really work, but a gal can dream.

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast